Chris Evans

TalkSPORT does music?!?
Champagne and Roses

Re: Chris Evans

Post by Champagne and Roses »

The Doctor Is In wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Chris Evans copied the Howard stern format where he gets the producer and newsreaders involved in the show, then Chris moyles copied Evans.

Steve "Love the Show" Wright and Simon "Simon" Mayo were doing that on Radio 1 long afore Evans had a gig there.
And Terry Wigon was doing it before that. As with every other radio innovation it started in the USA, about 40 years ago in this case
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Is he still running that Car Fest event? The most tragically middle-aged event going aimed at Waitrose loyalty card holders, people who wear bootcut jeans, call Twickenham "HQ" and think Clarkson should be Prime Minister.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Zippy wrote:Is he still running that Car Fest event? The most tragically middle-aged event going aimed at Waitrose loyalty card holders, people who wear bootcut jeans, call Twickenham "HQ" and think Clarkson should be Prime Minister.
Waitrose have a loyalty card scheme ?!? Since when ?

Clarkson. Interesting case. Like Durham he has created an entirely fictitious character for his media appearances and is now trapped inside it. In real life he voted Remain in the referendum which might surprise some of his fans.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

carcinogen wrote:Chris used to enjoy showing his penis to female members of the production team. Is it only me who thinks that is odd? The man needs to be kidnapped, and taken to the nearest ISIS camp with a sign around his neck reading: "ISIS are shit".

The thing that's always struck me about Evans is that, as far as I can tell, he is essentially joyless. He's like someone who's read lots of self-help books on 'How to Be Happy' and he now practices the instructions like an alien trying to blend into this strange world of humans. There's always a strained smile and lots of 'Isn't this FUN?!?' exclamations that suggest he's trying to convince himself as much as his audience.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Erskine Might wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Chris used to enjoy showing his penis to female members of the production team. Is it only me who thinks that is odd? The man needs to be kidnapped, and taken to the nearest ISIS camp with a sign around his neck reading: "ISIS are shit".

The thing that's always struck me about Evans is that, as far as I can tell, he is essentially joyless. He's like someone who's read lots of self-help books on 'How to Be Happy' and he now practices the instructions like an alien trying to blend into this strange world of humans. There's always a strained smile and lots of 'Isn't this FUN?!?' exclamations that suggest he's trying to convince himself as much as his audience.

His breakfast show on Virgin is bizarre. Unlistenable at times.
Just crash-bang-wallop stuff with him and his gang laughing in an over-the-top way, no time to breathe, zany stuff.
Also a few unsavoury bits where he brags about his wealth or the clout he has. Not good.
My boss (who's an entrepreneur) unsurprisingly loves him, says he's a role model etc
WOKE AND PROUD

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

subsub wrote:
Erskine Might wrote:

His breakfast show on Virgin is bizarre. Unlistenable at times.
Just crash-bang-wallop stuff with him and his gang laughing in an over-the-top way, no time to breathe, zany stuff.
Also a few unsavoury bits where he brags about his wealth or the clout he has. Not good.
My boss (who's an entrepreneur) unsurprisingly loves him, says he's a role model etc

:D

I once worked for an entrepreneur (owned a few businesses) who used to go on about how 'inspirational' Chris Evans' autobiography was :lol:

Personally, I can think of fewer things I'd less like to read. Might be the odd decent Gazza 90s boozing story but even that's a stretch.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Erskine Might wrote:

Whilst bullying fuck out of his "team" to try and get some degree of balance for the endless kickings he received at school, all due to him being an annoying little orange shitcunt
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

Currently 3/1 to be the next Prime Minister.
Roy IN!!

shivah

Post by shivah »

Chris Evans is and always has been a grade A cunt.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

shivah wrote:Chris Evans is and always has been a grade A cunt.

And using his kids for adverts, what a cunt.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Quite how this man has avoided Jail is a mystery to me. Indecent exposure while working on The Big Breakfast.The rampant grooming of Billie Piper. I mean, seriously?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

There was an article 'by' him in The Times a week or so ago. I flicked on to it, and was horrified to find it was basically him guiding you through all of his favourite self-help pop psychology books, with the alarming conviction that they would change your life. It confirmed my earlier suspicions. He seems to have zero inner reason, he needs external stimuli to get him functioning. Like his manic cheerfulness - I doubt he's really happy at all, he's just into all of that 'think yourself happy' nonsense. He probably went to one of those therapy groups where you're told to make yourself laugh in order to be able to laugh. He's always been odd, but these days he's way past Noel Edmonds odd, he's pioneering oddity in extremis.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I read Chris Evans name is mentioned in Jeffrey Epstein’s black book
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:49 pm I read Chris Evans name is mentioned in Jeffrey Epstein’s black book
Did you?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 pm
theleader82 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:49 pm I read Chris Evans name is mentioned in Jeffrey Epstein’s black book
Did you?
He’s trending on twitter now regarding the story
Man U and rangers