Danny Baker

TalkSPORT does music?!?
kevin04

Re: Danny Baker

Post by kevin04 »

He was funny, interesting and did nonsense but fun radio at one point (even if it was all nicked from USA) but he seems to have jumped the shark, and that shipped sailed ten plus years ago.

Feel sorry for all those 'Good evening' tweet replies from fans that he never replies to. Shouldn't judge someone by their Twitter, but sums him up : only reply to celeb pals, boast; mouth off; but with the occasional funny remark.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kevin04 wrote:He was funny, interesting and did nonsense but fun radio at one point (even if it was all nicked from USA) but he seems to have jumped the shark, and that shipped sailed ten plus years ago.

Feel sorry for all those 'Good evening' tweet replies from fans that he never replies to. Shouldn't judge someone by their Twitter, but sums him up : only reply to celeb pals, boast; mouth off; but with the occasional funny remark.

Baker revels in his 'working class' status but once had a hissy fit at a journalist who described him as a "London geezer." The bloke is desperate to be well in the luvvy circle.

I bet he's a proper nasty drunk too.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Horrible little cunt
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

Don't forget the old duo (B&K) were temporarily revived on BT sport's launch to not much critical acclaim.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

antdad wrote:Don't forget the old duo (B&K) were temporarily revived on BT sport's launch to not much critical acclaim.

3 series - 107 x one hour live shows. That's a lot of TV to keep making for a show without any kind of popular appeal. :rolleyes:
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

kevin04 wrote:Feel sorry for all those 'Good evening' tweet replies from fans that he never replies to. Shouldn't judge someone by their Twitter, but sums him up : only reply to celeb pals, boast; mouth off; but with the occasional funny remark.

The guy has about half a million followers, do you really think he's going to spend his evenings replying to all the random tweets people send him? I doubt even the most sainted of celebrities does that.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

antdad

Post by antdad »

Lou Grant wrote:
antdad wrote:Don't forget the old duo (B&K) were temporarily revived on BT sport's launch to not much critical acclaim.

3 series - 107 x one hour live shows. That's a lot of TV to keep making for a show without any kind of popular appeal. :rolleyes:

Lets just break that down shall we...one hour a week for around 35 weeks a season. I actually like them but those two could excrete more content in that time, hold on that's exactly what they did.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Lou Grant wrote:do you really think he's going to spend his evenings replying to all the random tweets people send him? I doubt even the most sainted of celebrities does that.

Ronnie Irani would reply if someone tweeted him.
Roy IN!!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

It does amaze me how people with OCD and personality disorders get paid a lot of money in our society, yet hard-working honest sane people stuggle to make ends meet. Something is terribly wrong.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Baker is such a little bitch
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Baker is such a little bitch

A rich bitch.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Baker is such a little bitch

+1

Desperate to be among the luvvy set.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I did chuckle when Danny appeared on Desert Island Disks and attempted to justify why he took good money to sell Daz washing powder. It really was quite pitiful. The irony is that If he had never mentioned it I would never have remembered his Daz commericials. So it obviously hangs heavy on his soul that he is just another sell-out cunt for corporate money. He justified it by saying he had a mortgage to pay and children to raise. It's a bit like a low-ranking guard at Auschwitz-Birkenau saying "I was just doing what I was told" as he shovelled dead bodies into the furnace. Ok, that's a bit of a stretch, but you undersand what I am saying.

I'm talking about integrity. I'm talking about respect. An ex-gf of mine was on 'Adultwork' to help pay her rent for a while. She never sucked cock or fucked (so she said), but I lost respect for her afterthat. Same with Danny. I can't respect the man, however good a broadcaster he thinks he is. I still listen to him though, so that makes me a hypocrite just in the same way I continued to fuck my Adultwork gf. Life is one big contradiction isn't it.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

He's a fackin fanny with his dad stories .. no one gives a bollocks !