Danny Baker

TalkSPORT does music?!?
Reg

Re: Danny Baker

Post by Reg »

rorymac wrote:He's a fackin fanny with his dad stories .. no one gives a bollocks !

Who, Carc?

Apparently women have “dad issues” or something. Fuck knows what he’s on about. :?
Roy IN!!

HalfwitHerbie

Post by HalfwitHerbie »

I used to be a huge DB fan. Radio shows, podcasts, his books and even his recent tours, but the truth is that he has disappeared right up his own arse. Ironic that someone who has peddled his working class hero credentials for 40 years is now so desperate to show off his middle class-ness. If I hear him humble-brag about his "pile of bricks on Blackheath" one more time...

His Five Live show is abysmal now - that posh bint with the standard BBC voice laughing at his every word, the anecdotes he's repeated on a million shows a million times, the name-dropping, the amount of money he's paid for various LPs, his obsession with telling us how great his fucking family is.

Fuck off, you bald cunt. We've heard it all before. Shove your Waitrose burgers up your fat old starfish.

And there's a reason he only has a two hour show on radio these days - he's a fucking diva and not half as popular in the industry as he likes to think he is, and his act is stale as month old Mother's Pride.

Get David Robey lightly oiled and chatting about Baker - that's quite the eye-opener.
"Hey Depressed Boy. You want a shitfest, you've got one". Jon Gaunt to depression sufferer Iain Lee, e-mail 2016.

“He’s done the right thing”. Gaunt on Donald Trump’s gassing of refugees, November 2018: https://chirb.it/qJ3e7O

Reg

Post by Reg »

HalfwitHerbie wrote:I used to be a huge DB fan. Radio shows, podcasts, his books and even his recent tours, but the truth is that he has disappeared right up his own arse. Ironic that someone who has peddled his working class hero credentials for 40 years is now so desperate to show off his middle class-ness. If I hear him humble-brag about his "pile of bricks on Blackheath" one more time...

His Five Live show is abysmal now - that posh bint with the standard BBC voice laughing at his every word, the anecdotes he's repeated on a million shows a million times, the name-dropping, the amount of money he's paid for various LPs, his obsession with telling us how great his fucking family is.

Fuck off, you bald cunt. We've heard it all before. Shove your Waitrose burgers up your fat old starfish.

And there's a reason he only has a two hour show on radio these days - he's a fucking diva and not half as popular in the industry as he likes to think he is, and his act is stale as month old Mother's Pride.

Get David Robey lightly oiled and chatting about Baker - that's quite the eye-opener.

Sadly true - the formula grew old, and the stories dried up years ago.
Roy IN!!

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I suppose he's a voice for folks who love their dear ol mum and dad in the most nauseous fashion and their old council house and their stupid collection of old records. Actually Herbie said it right !

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Actually again this is a real thing for me if I can only articulate it .. ok look fellas like Baker and Kelly, Elms I got it in a nutshell. They're stuck in the past but !!!! they know fuckall because !!!!!! they haven't gone back far enough and they stopped learning decades ago .. that makes them thick fuckers and one trick ponies
Old halfwit punk rockers, John Lydon he's another one, rockers, fucking old New Romantics, 40 somethings stuck in the 90's .. bag of stupid ol shit .. grow the fuck up you dozy bastards.
That's just useless tbf but fuck it anyway with these clowns ! Having said that most folks love collections and lists and memories of dozy gigs they were at. It's bollocks mate what are you doing now ? Remembering your dear old mum and dad and destroying your children with half baked bollocks .. selfish tossers !!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

<rorz>
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

His Talkradio shows with DK were fantastic. Most of the other stuff he's done with DK has been a good listen or view. The TV version of his autobiography was decent. And I still think the half hour interviews (given the right guest) that he does on his 5live show are good.

Let's face it most people in the media or making music or films or whatever tend to reach an age when they are just living off past glories.

I have no interest in following the guy on Twitter or listening to his radio shows these days, but I'm also not that fussed with how a guy who's getting on in years and has been through some tough times with his health, chooses to live his life.

Good luck to him.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

HalfwitHerbie

Post by HalfwitHerbie »

Lou Grant wrote:His Talkradio shows with DK were fantastic. Most of the other stuff he's done with DK has been a good listen or view. The TV version of his autobiography was decent. And I still think the half hour interviews (given the right guest) that he does on his 5live show are good.

Let's face it most people in the media or making music or films or whatever tend to reach an age when they are just living off past glories.

I have no interest in following the guy on Twitter or listening to his radio shows these days, but I'm also not that fussed with how a guy who's getting on in years and has been through some tough times with his health, chooses to live his life.

Good luck to him.

Half the problem is his Twitter feed. He comes across as an utter snob, despite his upbringing. Shades of El Gaunto there.

I agree Cradle To Grave was very good indeed.
"Hey Depressed Boy. You want a shitfest, you've got one". Jon Gaunt to depression sufferer Iain Lee, e-mail 2016.

“He’s done the right thing”. Gaunt on Donald Trump’s gassing of refugees, November 2018: https://chirb.it/qJ3e7O

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

HalfwitHerbie wrote:I used to be a huge DB fan. Radio shows, podcasts, his books and even his recent tours, but the truth is that he has disappeared right up his own arse. Ironic that someone who has peddled his working class hero credentials for 40 years is now so desperate to show off his middle class-ness. If I hear him humble-brag about his "pile of bricks on Blackheath" one more time...

Nailed it.

He blew his lid a while back when an article referred to him as a "professional geezer". A bit of a lazy description but his reaction said a lot. He was so affronted in front of his media chums :D

"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Anyone listened to the Baker/Lineker podcast? I haven't, and looking for some guinea pigs :)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

kevin04 wrote:Anyone listened to the Baker/Lineker podcast? I haven't, and looking for some guinea pigs :)

Not a massive fan of either but just listened to this for the first time and enjoyed it.

It's strictly football chat with a few muso and Danny Kelly references thrown in. Old school anecdotes mixed with listeners questions with no callers or guests.

Lineker is the lead but I'd say they share the chat pretty equally which surprised me as Baker does love the old jibber jabber.

A decent 8/10 and will listen again.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

A decent listen, Lineker has been refreshingly indiscreet, Baker just re-telling stories he's told before, still entertaining though.
There's no poem, just prose.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:A decent listen, Lineker has been refreshingly indiscreet, Baker just re-telling stories he's told before, still entertaining though.

I'll have to trust your judgement. But the throught of listening to Gary Lineker pontificate on any subject whatsoever fills one with absolute dread.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

HalfwitHerbie

Post by HalfwitHerbie »

The master of the humblebrag strikes again.

Baker, what a prick you’ve become.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

HalfwitHerbie wrote:

The master of the humblebrag strikes again.

Baker, what a prick you’ve become.

Any man who sells Daz for money is a cunt. It's my rule of thumb. He even tried to justify it on Desert Island Disks. That only made it worse.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.