Danny Baker

TalkSPORT does music?!?
shivah

Re: Danny Baker

Post by shivah »

Sacked from 5 Live.

I bet he's already in discussions with Talksport. They like criminals, drink drivers, horse abusers etc. Racism is nothing compared to that.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Self righteous bellends piling on secure another victim,ruining a whole career, or life, down to an instance of perceived, but utterly irrelevant, social injustice. No regard for the man's character, just a frenzy of self-righteous grandstanding at his expense.
There's no poem, just prose.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Yesbut he is a total cunt
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

He maybe a cnut but I don't think he's a racist cnut, not one bit. I forgot Markle was a half chat...oops, see easily done.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Self righteous bellends piling on secure another victim,ruining a whole career, or life, down to an instance of perceived, but utterly irrelevant, social injustice. No regard for the man's character, just a frenzy of self-righteous grandstanding at his expense.

They were clearly looking for an excuse to get rid of him.
Hard to defend that Tweet, though - pretty poor, and he showed a lack of contrition afterwards, too.
No doubt he'll be snapped up by TS or someone else immediately, though.
WOKE AND PROUD

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

I wonder what Liz Kershaw has to say to get the boot.

antdad

Post by antdad »

subsub wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Self righteous bellends piling on secure another victim,ruining a whole career, or life, down to an instance of perceived, but utterly irrelevant, social injustice. No regard for the man's character, just a frenzy of self-righteous grandstanding at his expense.

They were clearly looking for an excuse to get rid of him.
Hard to defend that Tweet, though - pretty poor, and he showed a lack of contrition afterwards, too.
No doubt he'll be snapped up by TS or someone else immediately, though.

Not sure about that Sub, just easier to get rid than to hold on and try and defend him. I don't even have to look at the Express or Mail to know what their readers or editorial will be, God bless'em.

Edit: DB has just phoned in to JOB's show on LBC... it was a mistake, he should and understood why he was fired but didn't quite appreciate being talked down to like a lackey or assistant producer by the BBC hierarchy.
Last edited by antdad on Thu May 09, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genehunt1973

Danny Baker

Post by genehunt1973 »

I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Going on tour with Ol' MK, PORK and that cat leotard thing. They are going to wrestle in beer until they are all dead
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Will they broadcast a second series of Cradle to Grave now? Moot point given the absence of Peter Kay to film it atm, but nonetheless...
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

antdad

Post by antdad »

Probably worth a thread merge gene, there's another out there.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

antdad wrote:He maybe a cnut but I don't think he's a racist cnut, not one bit. I forgot Markle was a half chat...oops, see easily done.

'Chimps dressed as famous people' is a standard routine of his show. There's no agenda behind the tweet and I'm sure he genuinely has no interest in the royal family, so would simply never have considered the connotation of what he posted.

But plenty of racist dweebs would be out there waiting to make similar jibes, with genuine intent, and in that climate and in relation to such a prominent public figure I don't really see the BBC had any alternative. They could've held out, but it would've got messy and eventually untenable and the same outcome would've ensued.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Assuming Lineker will now bail from the podcast, it could hail the long delayed return of Baker and Kelly. Every cloud and all that. Bring on the 2dans podast! :)

antdad

Post by antdad »

Lou Grant wrote:
antdad wrote:He maybe a cnut but I don't think he's a racist cnut, not one bit. I forgot Markle was a half chat...oops, see easily done.

'Chimps dressed as famous people' is a standard routine of his show. There's no agenda behind the tweet and I'm sure he genuinely has no interest in the royal family, so would simply never have considered the connotation of what he posted.

But plenty of racist dweebs would be out there waiting to make similar jibes, with genuine intent, and in that climate and in relation to such a prominent public figure I don't really see the BBC had any alternative. They could've held out, but it would've got messy and eventually untenable and the same outcome would've ensued.

I agree with you whole heartedly in that the beeb had no choice. I appreciate he's a Marmite figure but he's not a racist closet or otherwise, just heard him on LBC (see edited response to SubSub) he knows he just made a stupid mistake.