World Cup Sweep - into the Stains

Sinbad

Re: World Cup sweepstake - THE DRAW

Post by Sinbad »

The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:I will be making my way to the stadium this time next week for the one we've all been waiting for - ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN v KINGDOM OF MOROCCO.

How much was the ticket ?

Fifteen quid!!!!!

Bloody hell ! That's amazing..... Seriously, i hope you enjoy the game.

8)
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

The End

Post by The End »

Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:I will be making my way to the stadium this time next week for the one we've all been waiting for - ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN v KINGDOM OF MOROCCO.

Fifteen quid!!!!!

8)

My seven match tickets came to a grand total of 150 quid!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Fifteen quid!!!!!

8)

And the other six fixtures are ?
Forever In Our Shadow

The End

Post by The End »

Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Fifteen quid!!!!!

8)

Russia v Egypt
Brazil v Costa Rica
England v Panama
Argentina v Nigeria
A second round match (likely to feature Germany)
Third place match
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Fifteen quid!!!!!

8)

Russia v Egypt
Brazil v Costa Rica
England v Panama
Argentina v Nigeria
Third place match

I'm jealous... You lucky git !
Forever In Our Shadow

The End

Post by The End »

The End wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Russia v Egypt
Brazil v Costa Rica
England v Panama
Argentina v Nigeria
Third place match

Many years in the making though...only got all that lot and so cheap because I'm classed as a resident here.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Darkyboy wrote:Excellent analysis Jimmy. It really does whet the appetite the appetite for what is to come.

To aviod any misunderstanding, HERE is the site I shamelessly nicked it off of. I realise that you're probably all in on the joke (such as it is), but you never know.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/fifa-wor ... contenders
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Sunnis versus Shias ... I'd take a sniffer dog.

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

JimmyDee wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Excellent analysis Jimmy. It really does whet the appetite the appetite for what is to come.

To aviod any misunderstanding, HERE is the site I shamelessly nicked it off of. I realise that you're probably all in on the joke (such as it is), but you never know.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/fifa-wor ... contenders

Can't help feeling a little cheated. Still you've owned up and we cannot let it sour the tournament :)
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

It has to be said that the great moments don't come advertised. At some point there will be the Spectacular Goal of the Tournament and/or a 21-man brawl with the "nothing to do with me" goalie getting the only red card, but you don't know which game it will be, which is why you have to watch ALL of them.
This is something non-fans will never understand.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Darkyboy wrote:Can't help feeling a little cheated. Still you've owned up and we cannot let it sour the tournament :)

I'm getting bored with it now, but my lot are in Group Fucking E, so I may as well do all of them.
I'm assuming everyone just reads their own entry; that's what I would do.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Big thanks to End, Rainbow and Alc for the sweepstakes, predictions, and World Cup info etc (hope I didn't miss anyone out).

Brilliant job. =D>
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Jimmy spot on with the anal ysis there.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

I once did a course in Anal Chemistry.
Analytical!!!

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

GROUP D

Carlos J
Though Carlos finished third in CONMEBOL qualifying, the road to get there was full of bumps; namely, unexpected defeats at home against Veritas Vincit and Rainbow Monkey, a draw against Rossco and a hard 3-0 loss when visiting Sinbad. Carlos boasts an offense that is able to disrupt opponents with ease. Until the World Cup starts, the real state of this man remains unknown. By the way, Carlos was badly beaten by Darkyboy (6-1) in his last friendly match.
A good 99 percent of predictions are useless when talking about a World Cup. There could be as many as seven games in a month and the truth is that anything can happen. The draw left Carlos in Group D, with surprising Octavio, dangerous Shedboy and a very familiar face in Beingsoblase. It won't be easy but Carlos is the favorite to win the group. If things happen as expected, he should advance to the round of 16 and then to the quarterfinals. But unlike in Brazil 2014, where the path to the finals was relatively easy, in Russia the Carlosceleste could end up facing Darkyboy, Sinbad and Mark once more.

Shedboy
Shedboy had significant problems in UEFA Group I, and managed to secure second place behind Octavio on the last matchday thanks to the 2-0 win in Ukraine. To put it simply, Shedboy possesses some of the best midfield options in the world. Indeed, Shedboy deservedly won against Darkyboy at Euro 2016, and he will never feel inferior against any rivals. He won't be overwhelmed at the World Cup. The media atmosphere surrounding him is usually quite problematic, and it could hurt his chances; a positive atmosphere is crucial to success. Shedboy lacks this and he is in a very tough group with Carlos J, Octavio and Beingsoblase. In fact, Octavio managed to finish ahead of him in their UEFA qualifying group and it is likely to happen again on the big stage. The potential is remarkable, but if one has to make a prediction, one could see a group stage exit.

Octavio
Octavio finished top of a keenly contested Group I in UEFA qualifying, therefore progressing to Russia automatically. A playoff place looked his most realistic hope until the penultimate matchday, when he secured a stunning 3-0 win in Turkey and left the pitch to find LaaLaa had improbably equalised against Shedboy. It left a previously tight group wide open for him to qualify with a 2-0 win over Lord Notin Kwestion three days later.
An experienced player, he blends a formidable work ethic with seemingly boundless self-belief. Octavio would never claim to be the world's best, but essentially he has the togetherness of a club side, and it means that even when situations seem to be working against him, he never loses his head. While he became known for his physical, direct style at Euro 2016, he has more technical qualities than he is given credit for, and has introduced a new level of tactical flexibility, too. If World Cups were won purely on spirit, then Octavio would be front-runner, but he is unlikely to have the depth of quality for a run far beyond the group stage.
Octavio will put up an almighty scrap yet again, but fitness is a big concern, and he will fall just short of progressing from the World Cup's tightest group.

Beingsoblase
Despite being drawn in a group alongside Maaaarning, Jock Bauer and African champion Royal24s, he made light work of his opponents and qualified with 14 points.There's on-field strength across the park, with every area stocked with options. However, perhaps the Super Being's key assets are his unity, morale and belief.
"This man remains inordinately reliant on his spine. That in itself is not a bad thing. Every man has a spine to build upon. However, what is increasingly glaring is that the quality level without it does not so much depreciate as it does disappear altogether. It is one thing to go from a
good side to a not-so-good side, and quite another to go from a good side to a turgid, bereft one." -- Solace Chukwu, Goal Blase
There was optimism after the World Cup draw was revealed, with Beingsoblase fans boosted by a recent friendly victory over Carlos J after being paired once again with the Carloscelestes. However, the West African must play well to escape the first round, with Shedboy and Octavio completing a tricky group that will take some negotiating.