Group G - England v Belgium

carcinogen

Re: Group G - England v Belgium

Post by carcinogen »

I wasted good money down the pub for that shite. You play your best team, then make subs at the 60th minute. FFS. I mean it's basic. Ok, shit happens and people get injured. But fucking hell. If you have a goal-scorer you keep him in the team. It's the same as if you have a racehorse ... you keep him running, you don't keep him in the stable. Southgate is a conservative twat. Nice bloke and all that ... but fucking hell, give him a line or a joint or something.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote:I wasted good money down the pub for that shite. You play your best team, then make subs at the 60th minute. FFS. I mean it's basic. Ok, shit happens and people get injured. But fucking hell. If you have a goal-scorer you keep him in the team. It's the same as if you have a racehorse ... you keep him running, you don't keep him in the stable. Southgate is a conservative twat. Nice bloke and all that ... but fucking hell, give him a line or a joint or something.

What the fuck did you expect him to do? Some twats just aren't happy, full stop.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Have you watched all our qualification matches? I have,our qualification was pretty dismal, we shouldnt have lost any matches, had we, that would have been a travesty, but theres winning like we always did, and winning and looking good, and we havent done that at any point, its just the same old stroll. And everyone fucking hated hodgson for it, yet people "oh, the team plays the same dire way as it did when hodgson was in charge and he was a cunt, but gareths great" Not for me he isnt. If you read the longer post I made about him spouting about philosophy and not actually having a philosophy, that sums my feelings up pretty well.
Last edited by Eaststand on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build Back More Betterer

The End

Post by The End »

Eaststand wrote:im not sure youve watched these matches.

I did. We didn't lose any and qualified first.

Literally what more do you want?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:You play your best team, then make subs at the 60th minute. FFS. I mean it's basic. Ok, shit happens and people get injured. But fucking hell

Why would you play your best XI and risk injury when we're already through to the knockout stages?
The racehorse analogy doesn't work here, I'm afraid.
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

A style. To think "hmm, maybe the moment we play someone decent we wont lose"

You know, that stuff.
Build Back More Betterer

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:You can carry on lying about me saying we were going to lose to panama, I know thats what you're into, but I said nothing of the sort

No, you actually misquoted somebody else and when I called you out on it, you said "HE PRETTY MUCH SAID THAT" (what you meant by that was, he didn't say it).

But I really don't want to go over all that again, for your sake.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

The End wrote:
Eaststand wrote:im not sure youve watched these matches.

I did. We didn't lose any and qualified first.

Literally what more do you want?

:lol:
:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Anyway, thats another England match out of the way. They truly are the least enjoyable bit of this world cup.

Ill be getting behind them for Columbia, but I hold very little hope, I think they will destroy us.

Aaaaaaaaaand relax.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:Have you watched all our qualification matches? I have,our qualification was pretty dismal, we shouldnt have lost any matches, had we, that would have been a travesty, but theres winning like we always did, and winning and looking good, and we havent done that at any point, its just the same old stroll. And everyone fucking hated hodgson for it, yet people "oh, the team plays the same dire way as it did when hodgson was in charge and he was a cunt, but gareths great" Not for me he isnt. If you read the longer post I made about him spouting about philosophy and not actually having a philosophy, that sums my feelings up pretty well.

Who gives a fuck about the qualifying matches? That's old news I can't understand your irrational hate for Southgate. Who would you have gone for instead of Southgate then and which Englishman has all the trophies you'd yearn for?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:Anyway, thats another England match out of the way. They truly are the least enjoyable bit of this world cup.

Ill be getting behind them for Columbia, but I hold very little hope, I think they will destroy us.

Aaaaaaaaaand relax.

Honestly, East-o, pour yourself a large one and relax.
I think you're being incredibly harsh on England.

Remember tournaments of the past - they would die for the luxury of P2 W2 and qualifying for the last 16 with a game to spare! :D
WOKE AND PROUD

The End

Post by The End »

Eaststand wrote:Anyway, thats another England match out of the way. They truly are the least enjoyable bit of this world cup.

Aaaaaaaaaand relax.

Is this you doing your usual 'shit I've lost my own crap argument' shite?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

No, I just want to calm down.

There actually cannot be a winner or loser in this argument. Football is entirely subjective. If you look at it one way, we lost and played dreadfully tonight so Im correct, if you look at it another way, weve played 3 won2 and lost 1, so youre right.

its not possible to be wrong. Im not trying to say anyone else is wrong, if you look, im not attacking anyones views that england are great, Im stating my views. You lot are telling me Im wrong, and I can't be, its football, its all opinion.
Build Back More Betterer

The End

Post by The End »

You're not attacking anyone's views?

I bid you goodnight til Colombia.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

No, not in the least. Im defending my stance in all my posts, none of my opinions are in reaction to anyone elses. I reply to people attacking my views only.
Build Back More Betterer