Group G - England v Belgium

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Group G - England v Belgium

Post by Carlos J »

Holden's post in the England v Panama thread made me set up this now:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Draw thursday and the team who gets the most bookings will come second in the group with an easier path to the final. We might see the strange sight of Hazard trying to stay on his feet and not getting opposition players booked.

By Thursday at 7pm, all the other groups will be done and dusted. So known opponents in the last 16 for 1st and 2nd in the group and known potential routes to whomever in the quarters.

Current tables here updated as and when: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/wo ... roup-stage Knockout stage also updated as and when: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/wo ... kout-stage

Though brackets are available and wallcharts: https://pattayaone.news/wp-content/uplo ... -1-pdf.jpg

Martinez already may rest players: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2 ... kaku-eden/

So should Gaz think tactically later or just go for it regardless? I agree with those who like to keep a winning mentality and the confidence it brings. So, go for glory, Gaz.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

subsub

Re: Group G - England v Belgium

Post by subsub »

No doubt the tabloids will ramp this one up and say that England should go for the result that gives them an "easy" QF against Mexico (assuming we win our 2nd-round game, that is), but I say fuck it – you go into every game trying to win it, and you get what you get, so we go the other route, so be it.

Looks like Germany will just get better and better, so be good to avoid them, but I don't think there's a single team that has looked dominant in this tournament so far.
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Agree with you, Sub. Quite interesting though as the groups finish and being last to play.

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

Bet De Bruyne will score.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

More endless chatter everywhere and all day about where to come in the group. I avoided watching Alex Scott's scouting report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44620166

I actually hope for the drawing of lots. Will there be a raft of yellow cards if a draw near the end?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

0-0 Bore Draw.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

subsub wrote:No doubt the tabloids will ramp this one up and say that England should go for the result that gives them an "easy" QF against Mexico (assuming we win our 2nd-round game, that is), but I say fuck it – you go into every game trying to win it, and you get what you get, so we go the other route, so be it.

Looks like Germany will just get better and better, so be good to avoid them, but I don't think there's a single team that has looked dominant in this tournament so far.

Germany.

Lol!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Easy solution to manufacture a losing result without any dubious effort. Play Phil Jones.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

If I've got it right, tS are saying that Southgate should, in effect, tell the team "for fuck's sake lose to Belgium, cos if we meet anyone good in the KO stage we're on our way home". Typical fucking nonsense from those dopey cunts.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

subsub

Post by subsub »

beingsoblase wrote:
subsub wrote:No doubt the tabloids will ramp this one up and say that England should go for the result that gives them an "easy" QF against Mexico (assuming we win our 2nd-round game, that is), but I say fuck it – you go into every game trying to win it, and you get what you get, so we go the other route, so be it.

Germany.

Lol!

:oops:
:lol:

I still think if Germany had snuck through last night, they would have been decent in the knockout stages - they created a hatful of chances against South Korea (and Hummels missed three chances all on his own). Still, am delighted that they're out :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

subsub wrote:
beingsoblase wrote:

Germany.

Lol!

:oops:
:lol:

I still think if Germany had snuck through last night, they would have been decent in the knockout stages - they created a hatful of chances against South Korea (and Hummels missed three chances all on his own). Still, am delighted that they're out :mrgreen:

This world cups been a bit strange for me, not being a massive football fan anyway, I've watched more Nigeria games than England ones, and totally missed the 6-1!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

As per, endless fuckwittery about what to do all morning and afternoon on TS.

Gaz knows. Let him be.

Hotshot Harry, Captain Kane,
Leading Lions, to win again.

Fuck there's some rough old types amongst the WAGs, or just a bad photo?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... inner.html

Pride of Albion, some Duck faced bottle blonde:

And tits:

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Carlos J wrote:Gaz knows. Let him be.

Hotshot Harry, Captain Kane,
Leading Lions, to win again.

Kane is on the bench.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Still a leader, Lou. Err, like Ronnie in the Euro 16 final.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Durham cant contemplate of England trying to finish second in the group on purpose.

Neither can anyone else really, unless you're a media troll.
Build Back More Betterer