Group C: Denmark vs France / Australia vs Peru

Octavio

Re: Group C: Denmark vs France / Australia vs Peru

Post by Octavio »

This Australian corner-kick-training-ground routine thing is seriously shite.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

JimmyDee wrote:I'm idly flicking through Freeview, assuming that the Australia game MUST be on one of the BBC channels, seeing as ITV are covering the other one, but not a sniff. I don't want to start a huge row, but we all know that if it was the Women's World Cup the beeb would be all fucking over it.

You do realise that each allotted channel has the rights to both games? How could the BBC cover a match they don't have the rights to? And wouldn't ITV (broadcasting the game on ITV4) cry foul if the BBC did do it tS style from a back bedroom in Staines?

Otherwise, I take your point. You don't like women's football. Maybe it's not for you and maybe they weren't broadcasting it for you, but damn with so few channels to choose from it must've been a real ballache when you couldn't find anything to watch back then!
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Lou Grant wrote:You do realise that each allotted channel has the rights to both games?
No, I didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have posted what I did. I just assumed that one channel would cover one game and the other would do the ... err ... other.
Anyway, see my OP. I was right, wasn't I? If I was FIFA I'd tell both these teams that if they can't be bothered to play for a win then there's plenty of others that would love to be in the World Cup. Italy and the Netherlands, for example :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The socceroos are a right pile of wank. Savaged by the guinea pigs.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

They're setting the screens up for interviews after the France-Denmark "game". If the broadcasters had any guts they'd just leave them standing there like cunts.

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Well, the first goalless draw of the tournament was a load of cack wasn’t it?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Really disappointed Denmark went through ahead of Peru. Peru were very unlucky in both games, and really should have got second place.

They'll probably shitfest their way to victory against the Croats in the next round too!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

I hope England don't wank around like that. Have a fucking go, chaps!
I've admittedly not played the game at the very highest level, but I imagine that beating even a second-string opposition makes the KO game easier than if you've fucked around aimlessly for 90 minutes "because it doesn't matter". Well it does, to us.

Octavio

Post by Octavio »

JimmyDee wrote:They're setting the screens up for interviews after the France-Denmark "game". If the broadcasters had any guts they'd just leave them standing there like cunts.

Watched the Peru game instead as I thought the France match would be a carve-up. The first 0-0 of the tournament, what a coincidence.

Shame about Peru, watched all three of their games and they weren't bad at all and a decent watch.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Dion Dublin seething at the quality of the game. Durham "seething" also. Only one had humour, warmth and sincerity about their dislike.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Durham doing his nut about the manufactured 0-0 draw but isn't that just good 'game management' by both teams ?

If it was Ingerland he'd be saying it was.

subsub

Post by subsub »

m4rkb wrote:Durham doing his nut about the manufactured 0-0 draw but isn't that just good 'game management' by both teams ?

Durham will say anything for a reaction.
He used to be good on TalkSport, and have proper discussions about stuff but ever since he wound up Carragher who took the bait, he's become a permanent troll.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sydney Morning Herald blaming VAR for the Aussies' exit from the tournament :lol: :lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Durham doing his nut about the manufactured 0-0 draw but isn't that just good 'game management' by both teams ?

Durham will say anything for a reaction.
He used to be good on TalkSport, and have proper discussions about stuff but ever since he wound up Carragher who took the bait, he's become a permanent troll.

I'd say Durham, despite all that is said on here, is one of the best football pundits on radio - even if you include ex-pros who have played at the highest level as well as established journos.

TS hasn't given him prime time slots for the last 15 years discussing any level or league in world football unless he can hold a debate.

I'm not afraid to say that unless you support Arsenal or more recently Chelsea, Durham is King Of The Pundits

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

How much is Durham on at TALKsport?