QF4 - Russia v Croatia

kancutlawns

Re: QF4 - Russia v Croatia

Post by kancutlawns »

The End wrote:
subsub wrote:
The End wrote:As an aside, I have interacted with more ridiculously fit Russian lasses today than on any other of my 2000 days in the Motherland. And I was with the missus.

Clearly 'Fit Bird Day' here today.

Come on, End-o, you know the drill… :mrgreen:

Ah I'm really lot a lech like that (when not drunk and with the missus).

Might be out tomorrow night with a group of global lads sans missus, mind...

What’s the public mood amongst the locals after Russia being knocked out last night, End-o? I’m guessing that national pride has been restored after the national side’s successful run and that it’s been a great adventure?

The End

Post by The End »

kancutlawns wrote:
The End wrote:
subsub wrote:
The End wrote:As an aside, I have interacted with more ridiculously fit Russian lasses today than on any other of my 2000 days in the Motherland. And I was with the missus.

Clearly 'Fit Bird Day' here today.

Come on, End-o, you know the drill… :mrgreen:

Ah I'm really lot a lech like that (when not drunk and with the missus).

Might be out tomorrow night with a group of global lads sans missus, mind...

What’s the public mood amongst the locals after Russia being knocked out last night, End-o? I’m guessing that national pride has been restored after the national side’s successful run and that it’s been a great adventure?

Pretty much that. Everyone very proud of how far they got. There was a thing at the enormous Fanfest in Moscow today where the squad were on the stage - place was rammed and everyone hugely appreciative and happy.

Telly still showing Akinfeev's save from Aspas. Conservative estimate is that I've seen it 200 times.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sad as it may seem, I’ve played back the singing of the national anthem before the five matches Russia have played in numerous times. Never cease to be impressed with the gravitas, passion and composition. It really is something to cherish.