SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

Eaststand

Re: SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

Post by Eaststand »

The End wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Well, to be fair, I was correct. As soon as we faced a real team, we folded and Southgate had no idea how to change to outcome.

Roll on the Euros, where we fail again.

Is this another guarantee, like the guaranteed defeat to Colombia?

Fucking belt up. England doesn't need so-called fans like you.
I know, having fans that want the team to win the first time they play a team thats not championship level is a bit much.

Actually, they dont want fans like me, people who cum in their pants when we beat ryman league oppostion like panama is much more suitable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Build Back More Betterer

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

kancutlawns wrote:
pugsly wrote:
subsub wrote:
pugsly wrote:
subsub wrote:
pugsly wrote:First top 5- 10 side they played and lost.

Croatia are ranked 18; Columbia are ranked 13.

Fair play Sub, but that makes even worse.

Hardly. Both teams are very good - and both games could have gone either way.

No they are not VERY good, at best Decent , very good teams win things

Not really. The Dutch sides of 1974, 1978 and 1998 were very good. They won nothing. The French sides of 1982 and 1986 were very good, they won nothing. The Braxil side of 1982 was very good, they won nothing. The Argentina side of 1998 was very good, they won nothing. You could say the Belgium side of 2018 was good, they won nothing. It’s really all relative and as you go further on the tournament, the margins get smaller and the prize gets more elusuve.

No I disagree Very good TEAM'S win things , just because the football is brilliant it means nothing if you don't win. the above sides are good teams,but your description of [very good] differs to mine ,

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

lasharoo wrote:Gutted, I will never see England lift a pot in my lifetime, that was the chance.

Good first 20+ minutes for us, if we had scored another then it was goodnight Croatia, but the lads looked like they run out of steam and dropped deep letting them come on to us, that's a bit puzzling seeing as they were the ones who had just played two 120 minute games.

At the minute my initial gut reaction is losing to the krauts in Italia 90 hurt more, but over time this could be the real sickener.

Anyway, it was a hell of a ride, cheers boys.

Yup, that was it, our one chance.

Never again. Sad, but it was exciting.
Build Back More Betterer

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

kancutlawns wrote:
The End wrote:
Eaststand wrote:you should be angry with that performance then.

we had it in our hands and threw it away.

Why should I be angry with a young and inexperienced side narrowly losing 2-1 after extra time to a far more experienced and streetwise side featuring three of the best midfielders in world football?

I think we’ve done really well in the tournament. Southgate has moulded these young players into a cohesive unit, they play with thrust and purpose. We stoped short against true world class talent like Modric, Rakatic, Perisic and Mandzukic. We can be very proud of how we’ve grown this tournament. Some here have to gain satisfaction somehow. No helping some but they’ll be drowned out in their own blle.

Hear, hear. Southgate acknowledged that we do not have the most gifted set of players. Yet he moulded them into a cohesive unit that worked incredibly for each other. Previous teams, with more talent haven't been able to do that. For them to reach a semi-final was a superb achievement. Some people always dwell on the negatives, but that says more about them than it does the manager or the players.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote:
The End wrote:
Eaststand wrote:you should be angry with that performance then.

we had it in our hands and threw it away.

Why should I be angry with a young and inexperienced side narrowly losing 2-1 after extra time to a far more experienced and streetwise side featuring three of the best midfielders in world football?

I think we’ve done really well in the tournament. Southgate has moulded these young players into a cohesive unit, they play with thrust and purpose. We stoped short against true world class talent like Modric, Rakatic, Perisic and Mandzukic. We can be very proud of how we’ve grown this tournament. Some here have to gain satisfaction somehow. No helping some but they’ll be drowned out in their own blle.

Exactly, Lawns-o. Leave them to it :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Pugs, they similarly to what Easty said were shit teams. I’d say that the Argentina side that won the 1986 World Cup were very average yet were lifted almost singlehandedly by one exceptional individual. You’ll have to explain to me why you think they were a very good team and yes your definition is somewhat different to mine.

I disagree with you saying that you’re nothing if you don’t win. I’ll tell you that people talk in more glowing terms about Brazil in 1982 than Italy who won under a cloud with match fixing allegations and only drew their three group matches.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subsub

Post by subsub »

lasharoo wrote:Gutted, I will never see England lift a pot in my lifetime, that was the chance.

Good first 20+ minutes for us, if we had scored another then it was goodnight Croatia, but the lads looked like they run out of steam and dropped deep letting them come on to us, that's a bit puzzling seeing as they were the ones who had just played two 120 minute games.

At the minute my initial gut reaction is losing to the krauts in Italia 90 hurt more, but over time this could be the real sickener.

Anyway, it was a hell of a ride, cheers boys.

Spot on, Lash-o. A second would have been goodnight Dubrovnik. I thought they would run out of puff, too, but there we go. Oh well :partyman:
WOKE AND PROUD

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Whats Southgate ever achieved in. Management before ? The big nosed buffoon. Sean dyche or warnockwould have done better
Man U and rangers

The End

Post by The End »

To conclude, from me anyway, because I'm not going round in circles: The past four weeks have been so different from any other tournament featuring England since Euro 96. The team was led by a likeable, articulate, improving manager who bonded together young, talented players to overachieve in being edged out of a competitive semi-final. On another day, Vrsakljo isn't on the line and doesn't head clear; on another day Mandzukic fires just wide. Very fine margins.

The last few tournaments with England have been unpleasant on-and-off the pitch; this one has been fun, enjoyable, exciting. We came up a little bit short. It was considerably better than losing to Iceland.

Finally, we have a group of players far less keen to resort to the dark arts and the feigning injuries, unlike many other 'bigger' countries who went out earlier. Could there be something in that?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

The End

Post by The End »

Basualdo wrote:One good thing for you now is that you can now all enjoy the final now with out the nerves.

And I don't have to consider buying that ticket.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

mikebv

Post by mikebv »

theleader82 wrote:Whats Southgate ever achieved in. Management before ? The big nosed buffoon. Sean dyche or warnockwould have done better

And dont forget 'Big Sam'... :lol:

He has built a committed "group" :roll: , who are obviously behind him..

And anyone who has Roy Keane's respect (even after the spats they had as players) will do for me... :wink:

And no disrespect, he made a bunch of (at the very highest level) limited players inspired by him...

Fair play.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

They should all be knighted!
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

kancutlawns wrote:Pugs, they similarly to what Easty said were shit teams. I’d say that the Argentina side that won the 1986 World Cup were very average yet were lifted almost singlehandedly by one exceptional individual. You’ll have to explain to me why you think they were a very good team and yes your definition is somewhat different to mine.

I disagree with you saying that you’re nothing if you don’t win. I’ll tell you that people talk in more glowing terms about Brazil in 1982 than Italy who won under a cloud with match fixing allegations and only drew their three group matches.

Ok,The Argies got to the said Final , so they are worthy of there place, they then won, because they are the best team in the competition,

I didn't say [your nothing] if you don't win,you have been beaten by the better Team, that's all.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

One shot in 120 minutes

#soproud
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

pugsly wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Pugs, they similarly to what Easty said were shit teams. I’d say that the Argentina side that won the 1986 World Cup were very average yet were lifted almost singlehandedly by one exceptional individual. You’ll have to explain to me why you think they were a very good team and yes your definition is somewhat different to mine.

Ok,The Argies got to the said Final , so they are worthy of there place, they then won, because they are the best team in the competition,

I didn't say [your nothing] if you don't win,you have been beaten by the better Team, that's all.

OK, that’s your opinion and I’m not challenging it further. We all have our own interpretation of what the “best team” is.