SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

kancutlawns

Re: SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

Post by kancutlawns »

kevin04 wrote:You'll never have a better chance than last night.

How do you know kev? This is another oft repeated line I've heard so many times since last time. I'd say that the Irish, Welsh and Scottish have largely not been crowing about the result, mostly terminally stupid, navel gazing little Englanders. Says a lot about our country.

We did well in the tournament but as usual, the players will be giving a kicking by the fickle nation. As it always was.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

kancutlawns wrote:

How do you know kev? This is another oft repeated line I've heard so many times since last time. I'd say that the Irish, Welsh and Scottish have largely not been crowing about the result, mostly terminally stupid, navel gazing little Englanders. Says a lot about our country.

We did well in the tournament but as usual, the players will be giving a kicking by the fickle nation. As it always was.

You did do well, and should be proud. No crowing but of course I was happy last night.

You'll never have a better chance due to Holland, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Brazil, etc
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

kancutlawns wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Yes I watched the match. I watched us panic and shit ourselves from the moment we scored, and let a very ordinary Croatia take control.

As Zambo says, if you have a different opinion, crack on, good for you.

No you didn't you couldn't have. The match you watched was diametrically opposed to the one a load of us watched unless you had a pre-conceived opinion and just recycled a one size fits all negative critique of England which you used for the previous tournament matches.

We didn't panic at all. A very average Croatia side? That's just a tiny minded Little Englander opinion that replicated by thousands of others who watched the match last night and had almost no clue about.

Easty, one question. What outcome would have changed your mind for England because I get the feeling if we had made it through the final and beaten France, you would have come out with stuff about French commitment, the tournament being the shittest of all time and everyone giving up and wanting to go home.

Just give it up with you. You've been wrong so many time in the last few weeks and having a go at others doesn't do you any service.

Yes, stating my opinions and getting abuse for it is me having a go at someone.

Great stuff. I suppose you having a go at me here is me abusing you.

Its over, man. I'm not carrying on, Ive stated exactly how I feel, last proved me right in what I said all along IN MY OPINION, you dont have to try and turn this into a personal vendetta. Ive got no beef with you, I just think England played fucking shit last night. If you didnt, brilliant, more power to ya. Please stop shouting YOUR OPINIONS at me as though they are fact. Because theyre not.
Build Back More Betterer

The End

Post by The End »

One quick comment: Easto - it's not so much what you say, but how you say it. Your views, in my opinion, hold some water, but they are to the nth degree, and your hyperbolic opinion-as-fact is anti-discussion. You said last night was 'worse than Iceland' - I mean, that's just bullshit to anyone with a few brain cells.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

The End

Post by The End »

Eaststand wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Yes I watched the match. I watched us panic and shit ourselves from the moment we scored, and let a very ordinary Croatia take control.

No you didn't you couldn't have. The match you watched was diametrically opposed to the one a load of us watched unless you had a pre-conceived opinion and just recycled a one size fits all negative critique of England which you used for the previous tournament matches.

We didn't panic at all. A very average Croatia side? That's just a tiny minded Little Englander opinion that replicated by thousands of others who watched the match last night and had almost no clue about.

Easty, one question. What outcome would have changed your mind for England because I get the feeling if we had made it through the final and beaten France, you would have come out with stuff about French commitment, the tournament being the shittest of all time and everyone giving up and wanting to go home.

Just give it up with you. You've been wrong so many time in the last few weeks and having a go at others doesn't do you any service.

Its over, man. I'm not carrying on, Ive stated exactly how I feel, last
proved me right
in what I said all along IN MY OPINION, you dont have to try and turn this into a personal vendetta. Ive got no beef with you, I just think England played fucking shit last night. If you didnt, brilliant, more power to ya. Please stop shouting YOUR OPINIONS at me as though they are fact. Because theyre not.

And that's ultimately what its all about here, isn't it? That's all you care about - trying to save face. You were proven wrong a few weeks back with your guaranteed predictions, and now you are using bluster and aggression to try and prove nonsense views as accurate.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

kevin04 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

You did do well, and should be proud. No crowing but of course I was happy last night.

You'll never have a better chance due to Holland, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Brazil, etc

I think we would have turned Holland, Italy and possibly Argentina too but then I guess the people of Serbia, Uruguay, Denmark, Senegal, Sweden, and Colombia would have said the same and we got further than all of them. We're are now amongst the four best nations in the world. A big step considering we hadn't qualified for the last eight for over two tournaments previously.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

The End wrote:One quick comment: Easto - it's not so much what you say, but how you say it. Your views, in my opinion, hold some water, but they are to the nth degree, and your hyperbolic opinion-as-fact is anti-discussion. You said last night was 'worse than Iceland' - I mean, that's just bullshit to anyone with a few brain cells.

well that was a bit heat of the moment, I agree. But you can draw parallels to that, as in the second half we did freeze.

And nothing I say is stated as fact. Im not quoting anyone and shouting "no you're wrong THIS IS HOW IT IS", im clearly just stating my opinion. Its other telling me Im wrong who are in fact forcing their opinions on me as fact.
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

The End wrote:
Eaststand wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

Its over, man. I'm not carrying on, Ive stated exactly how I feel, last
proved me right
in what I said all along IN MY OPINION, you dont have to try and turn this into a personal vendetta. Ive got no beef with you, I just think England played fucking shit last night. If you didnt, brilliant, more power to ya. Please stop shouting YOUR OPINIONS at me as though they are fact. Because theyre not.

And that's ultimately what its all about here, isn't it? That's all you care about - trying to save face. You were proven wrong a few weeks back with your guaranteed predictions, and now you are using bluster and aggression to try and prove nonsense views as accurate.

eerr, in that same sentence, theres 3 words, IN MY OPINION, as well.

So, yeah. Comment makes no sense now.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

Its over, man. I'm not carrying on, Ive stated exactly how I feel, last proved me right in what I said all along IN MY OPINION, you dont have to try and turn this into a personal vendetta. Ive got no beef with you, I just think England played fucking shit last night. If you didnt, brilliant, more power to ya. Please stop shouting YOUR OPINIONS at me as though they are fact. Because theyre not.

Your opinions have been regurgitated many, many times here over all the matches. It's not quite what you say, it's your method, it's the dull repetitiveness, it's the oppresive "I'm never wrong" nature of them, your failure to understand and respect of those of us who like contributing on the match threads yet seeing all the time that we're shit, we're failures, we're a joke, we should never be at the tournament.

I think it just closes down all debate to see this sort of posting. Many of us want a laugh here, we don't want del like postings we're the poster thinks he's bigger and more superior to anyone else.

All I'm saying is respect the views of others who you may be opposed to and let's keep the place enjoyable. I really don't think England are as terrible as you have painted us to be.

subsub

Post by subsub »

The one thing you have proven, East-o, is that you can't let things go, and when people pick you up on stuff, you are intent on having the last word. All you had to do re the Panama stuff was concede that you'd gone a bit over the top in your criticism, but you couldn't manage that, could you?

Instead we get post after post of cringey abuse about how rubbish we are and how bad Southgate is.
That's your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it, but don't keep throwing hissy fits when people (rightly) pull you up on it.
WOKE AND PROUD

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

subsub wrote:The one thing you have proven, East-o, is that you can't let things go, and when people pick you up on stuff, you are intent on having the last word. All you had to do re the Panama stuff was concede that you'd gone a bit over the top in your criticism, but you couldn't manage that, could you?

Instead we get post after post of cringey abuse about how rubbish we are and how bad Southgate is.
That's your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it, but don't keep throwing hissy fits when people (rightly) pull you up on it.

Actually, I did exactly that.

But you wanted to carry on giving me shit, so Bas had to step in, if you remember. I repeatedly said i was wrong, but that wasnt good enough for you.
Build Back More Betterer

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

kancutlawns wrote: Zambo's opinions are sometimes wrong, I think the overriding negativity here is pretty daft.

I have no problem being proved wrong by facts, but I haven't seen any yet, just different opinions. The need to be more tolerant of others views, has never been more evident as with England's performances in this World Cup. People disagree, but comments like, you couldn't have seen the match because I didn't see it that way are pointless, because they aren't going to change their minds.

No one's right and no one's wrong.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Fair enough Zummers, that wasn't meant as a dig and you're a very reasonable and conciliatory bloke who I enjoy conversing with on a range of issues here. I worded that incorrectly. Apologies.

You're right, we have our own perspectives here and we're all justified in expressing them.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

kancutlawns wrote:Fair enough Zummers, that wasn't meant as a dig and you're a very reasonable and conciliatory bloke who i enjoy conversing with on a range of issues here. I worded that wrongly. Apologies.

No worries Lawns.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

kancutlawns wrote:Fair enough Zummers, you're a very reasonable and conciliatory bloke

You forgot to mention that he's slim and supports a really good football team.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...