England's World Cup from a Scottish perspective

delboy1983

Re: England's World Cup from a Scottish perspective

Post by delboy1983 »

Basualdo wrote:Isn't that what you (& SPORTSKEEDA) were giving then stick about before the tournament?

All false optimism and delusion?

The fans are allowed to encourage their team during the game.I read some astonishing criticism on here about the manager and some players before a ball was kicked.

The false optimism and delusion started after the Panama Game built up by the media and extended to by somefans after winning the penalty shoot out against Colombia.
That article by Sportskeeda was frightenly accurate.A leopard does not change its spots
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Are you just trying to get banned again?

Genuinely seems you havent learned a thing. Still desperate to troll.
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:Are you just trying to get banned again?

Genuinely seems you havent learned a thing. Still desperate to troll.

No trolling from me.
If I get banned for commenting on current topics maybe I would not want to be part of this forum.
You have mentioned me getting banned three times now,it's as if you are trying to influence the Mods to make that decision.
Now that's trolling !!
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Not really mate, you got banned for slagging off england fans and the media last month.

You are now doing exactly the same once again, within seconds of coming back.
Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

delboy1983 wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Isn't that what you (& SPORTSKEEDA) were giving then stick about before the tournament?

The fans are allowed to encourage their team during the game.I read some astonishing criticism on here about the manager and some players before a ball was kicked.

The false optimism and delusion started after the Panama Game built up by the media and extended to by somefans after winning the penalty shoot out against Colombia.
That article by Sportskeeda was frightenly accurate.A leopard does not change its spots

I'll be polite.

That's rank fucken bollocks.

The media were by and large, restrained. They are all too aware of past WC campaigns and how they reacted. This time there was a slight maturity shown. It wasn't until the semis that any excitement built to any appreciable level and by that stage of a tournament it's more than justified regardless of form or opposition beforehand.
Even your own words there contradict the rest of your post by using the phrase, 'some fans'.

As for Sportskeeda? After your hearty recommendation many of us checked it out.
And your claim that they were spot on? Well that's just an outright falsehood.
They might be the 'go to' site for kabaddi scores, cricket bribe standings & female tourist molestations, but for football I'd rather trust The Daily Mash or The Onion for accuracy.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:Not really mate, you got banned for slagging off england fans and the media last month.

You are now doing exactly the same once again, within seconds of coming back.

Was that what I got banned for,that was not what was said on the tin.
I think England had a decent competition surprising many people including Scots.
You railed at them before a ball was kicked and carried on through the tournament.
That is your preogative of course as it is my preogative to pass comment
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

oh, so it was me you were slagging off in the opening post.

Thanks for confirming it.
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Basualdo wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

I'll be polite.

The media were by and large, restrained. They are all too aware of past WC campaigns and how they reacted. This time there was a slight maturity shown. It wasn't until the semis that any excitement built to any appreciable level and by that stage of a tournament it's more than justified regardless of form or opposition beforehand.
Even your own words there contradict the rest of your post by using the phrase, 'some fans'.

They might be the 'go to' site for kabaddi scores, cricket bribe standings & female tourist molestations, but for football I'd rather trust The Daily Mash or The Onion for accuracy.

And on what planet did this all happen.Media maturity ,refresh your reading material of the last three weeks a including the twitter columns of the the journos and you will see that is bollocks.

And Bas if you want to ban me for good just do it.
I was banned or a lot less than Eaststands disputes with Subsub and East wants me banned so give him his wish.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eaststand wrote:oh, so it was me you were slagging off in the opening post.

Thanks for confirming it.

If the cap fits wear it
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

What are you talking about?

You couldnt find any undue hype in the English media, so you referenced an incredibly obscure INDIAN website as proof of the English media going mad.

And the English media didnt get that hyped up at all, at all points everyone and the media was saying, weve done well to get where we are, no one expected anything. Even I think we did well to get where we finished.

When you have to reference SPORTSKEEDA as proof of anything, its an act of desperation to try and antagonise. You knew what you were doing, everyone was getting excited and you wanted to spoil it. I can criticise England, because Im fucking English and I did, I wasn't impressed after the tunisia game, and Im still not convinced. However, you set out with your proof from SPORTSKEEDA in an effort to piss everyone off. That was your goal.
Build Back More Betterer

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Nah totally untrue.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Its not though, thats why you got banned, because it was so obvious. Why would you reference an indian website to show how hyped the english media are becoming, if you werent deliberately trying to antagonise?

Surely if you couldnt find any stories about how hyped up the english media were, you'd just leave it, because they clearly werent getting hyped up? If you didnt have an agenda, thats what you would have done.
Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

delboy1983 wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

I'll be polite.

And on what planet did this all happen.Media maturity ,refresh your reading material of the last three weeks a including the twitter columns of the the journos and you will see that is bollocks.

And Bas if you want to ban me for good just do it.
I was banned or a lot less than Eaststands disputes with Subsub and East wants me banned so give him his wish.

Absolutely nothing ban worthy so far.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.