New built houses are rubbish.

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
VeritasVincit

Re: New built houses are rubbish.

Post by VeritasVincit »

theleader82 wrote:I'm thinking of buying a new build. I know some people aren't keen but they come with en suite bathrooms and double bathrooms. They're quite cheap in Northants in my neck of the woods . They wouldn't build houses people don't like

I think everyone likes them to start with. It's later when the faults show up.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

These tenement flats are what get me. Wooden windows , wooden cladding all about to rot in less than ten years with massive service charges to replace them in the coming years. Plus some of the cheap conveyancing solicitors assigned to sell them don't act in the interests of their clients and don't point any of this out.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

All these "builders" are roided to fuck and will set their doberman on you if "flexible sealant" is uttered
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:These tenement flats are what get me. Wooden windows , wooden cladding all about to rot in less than ten years with massive service charges to replace them in the coming years. Plus some of the cheap conveyancing solicitors assigned to sell them don't act in the interests of their clients and don't point any of this out.

It's the trend around here to build three storey terrace 'town houses' with no gardens, so basically reproducing an expensive version of the New Lodge Road. This really is not a good thing as anyone who has been within a petrol bombs range of the original will attest.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Wobblyheed

Post by Wobblyheed »

My 5 bed detached residence was built in 2002....it's lush