Everything comes to an expensive end.

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
VeritasVincit

Everything comes to an expensive end.

Post by VeritasVincit »

Recently everything seems to have come to the end of it’s life and I’ve had to shell out for a replacement;
My waterproof coat, my heavy boots, my Wellington boots [all needed for dog walking], the electric kettle, the toaster. And the microwave seem to be giving up the ghost.
Then to cap it all;
This morning, driving down a road in the southern reaches of Wigan, someone in a Ford Ka drives out of a side road, right into my path. With no time to brake or swerve, I now have a car with an intact rear and an almost totally demolished front end. Well I don’t actually have it now, the insurance had it collected. I fear that they will not have it repaired as repairs will cost more than its worth.
It’s amazing how much of a modern car collapses when you hit something at 30.

I think I’ll set up a crowd funding, so all contributions from TF contributors will be gratefully received.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Everything comes to an expensive end.

Post by Basualdo »

Well cars are now designed to easily collapse, crumple and absorb hits around a (hopefully) secure core. So there's that.

As for the cost? Well the law says you're fucked regardless. We can't have finance houses losing any money, can we? Christ no, that would be hideous. Pay up little man.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Everything comes to an expensive end.

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Typical Wigan
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN