Booking site robbers

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
VeritasVincit

Booking site robbers

Post by VeritasVincit »

We are having three nights away to keep away from ‘surprise celebrations’ as I descend further into old age.
The hotel’s online winter offer only wants £50 a night, breakfast extra. Booking.com want £55 for exactly the same, Expedia even more.
We had a similar experience booking a hotel in Madrid for next year. Booking.com offered the same price as the on-line hotel site. So we booked only to find that when it came to paying, they were going to add VAT. When I complained that they were charging more than the hotel I was told pay what we ask, then send your receipt from the hotel and we’ll refund the difference. I wasn’t having that hassle so I cancelled and booked direct.
Robbers!

Eaststand

Re: Booking site robbers

Post by Eaststand »

Do you know why that is? Because booking.com takes 25 PERCENT off each order, so we have to raise prices for that website, thing is, its the most popular by far website, so you have to do it. theyre fucking cunts.
Build Back More Betterer

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

I got some tickets to see Pete Tong at Newmarket yesterday for me and my mates. They through on a 10% ‘handling’ fee, plus a booking fee and £4.50 delivery fee

Cunts

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Eaststand wrote:Do you know why that is? Because booking.com takes 25 PERCENT off each order, so we have to raise prices for that website, thing is, its the most popular by far website, so you have to do it. theyre fucking cunts.
I thought that they would get some commission but I'd no idea it was so much.
We'll carry on booking direct in future.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

It used to be 2% then they got so big the the others dont actually matter so they can charge what they want, if you want business, you HAVE to be on their website
Build Back More Betterer

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I've found airbnb very good and cheap. My rules are to filter only on superhosts and the whole house - otherwise, you end up in someones spare bedroom.