Cunts on the road

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
Zambo

Cunts on the road

Post by Zambo »

Fucking seething. Driving along yesterday at a steady pace on my way to the chip shop. Approaching a couple a parked vehicles on the other side of the road, when suddenly some cunt came hooning round them. Fortunately there was a lay-by on my side with nothing in it, so swerved in, but on coming out I hit the fucking kerb bang on. Drove along for a bit but got the warning light tyre under inflated.

Got out bulges and slits all over the shop, car/tyres only done 1200. Keep tyre inflator in the boot so managed to blow it up and limp to local Kwik-Fix. £200 for new tyre and to fix tracking which was fucked. Beginning to think car is jinked, that's the third thing in a row, after gear stick coming out and nearly being fucked up the arse by an artic when I hit a wall of water on the M27 and had to slow down. Mrs Z won't come in the car at the minute, but she'll soon get tyred :D of walking and waiting for buses.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Re: Cunts on the road

Post by m4rkb »

Driving standards are right down these days. Anyone can do what the fuck they like on the roads.

I'm thinking about getting a big sign stuck in the windscreen saying "I give way to no one as no one gives way to me" plus rolling in front of drivers trying to get out of side roads and blocking them in when I can't go any further myself for the same reason.

Only speeding and fuck all else is ever enforced.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

m4rkb wrote:Driving standards are right down these days. Anyone can do what the fuck they like on the roads.

I'm thinking about getting a big sign stuck in the windscreen saying "I give way to no one as no one gives way to me" plus rolling in front of drivers trying to get out of side roads and blocking them in when I can't go any further myself for the same reason.

When you are involved in situations it triggers your mind to be extra careful for a while and you notice morons more in general, not just the ones who fuck with you, and you are right, it's bloody scary out there. The artic situation doesn't affect you at the time, because you are wrapped up in the incident, but later when you think about it, you realise that could have been the end.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Since my car was written off after the fool drove straight out of the side road in front of me, it's made me very wary. Which is a good job as in the last few days there have been two 'nearlies' with people coming out of side roads without looking. Today's was a idiot reversing out of a side street.
Another yesterday; driving down the maiin road, at the crown of the road and indicating to turn off to the right. Some idiot overtook down the wrong side of the road.
Now I've got myself a dash-cam, so at least if any fool causes an accident I have it on tape.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

VeritasVincit wrote: Now I've got myself a dash-cam, so at least if any fool causes an accident I have it on tape.

I've got front and back on my pickup. I've reported numerous people for jumping red lights, a few have been fined.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Vespa wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote: Now I've got myself a dash-cam, so at least if any fool causes an accident I have it on tape.

I've got front and back on my pickup. I've reported numerous people for jumping red lights, a few have been fined.

The forum's new Iron Man! :D
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Basualdo wrote:
Vespa wrote:

The forum's new Iron Man! :D

I've got a video of one guy two cars back in a queue that stopped for a red light overtaking them, driving the wrong side around the lights and nearly hitting a bus. Some of these cunts deserve to be reported.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

What definition of iron are you using here?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

In the definition of Dexter, late of this parish.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Zambo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Driving standards are right down these days. Anyone can do what the fuck they like on the roads.

When you are involved in situations it triggers your mind to be extra careful for a while and you notice morons more in general, not just the ones who fuck with you, and you are right, it's bloody scary out there. The artic situation doesn't affect you at the time, because you are wrapped up in the incident, but later when you think about it, you realise that could have been the end.

I thought this when I first read your post, it might be worth investing in an onboard camera system for your own piece of mind. I'm not sure exactly where the law stands if you can show that someone was driving with undue care that you were also witness to and caused you to damage your car. Technically they probably should whether they would take it up or not who knows.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:

I thought this when I first read your post, it might be worth investing in an onboard camera system for your own piece of mind. I'm not sure exactly where the law stands if you can show that someone was driving with undue care that you were also witness to and caused you to damage your car. Technically they probably should whether they would take it up or not who knows.

The Met has a system for reporting people with dashcam footage. You have to do it within 24-48 hours, upload the video to a place they can view it.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/dash-cam ... 019-380365

antdad

Post by antdad »

Tnks, good idea...found the dashcam upload portal.

https://secureform.nextbase.co.uk/

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Vespa wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:

The Met has a system for reporting people with dashcam footage. You have to do it within 24-48 hours, upload the video to a place they can view it.

First and only case apparent on that page is someone who's parked on the pavement.

Somehow I just knew the top priority would just be the low hanging fruit.
Click here for a picture of someone who's just been fined a hundred quid for no seat belt.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Vespa wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:

I certainly applaud your actions here Vespa, I've been meaning to sort out a dashcam for a while because of the absolute twattish driving I see on a daily basis, however Mrs blase thinks if I had one I would start driving like an arse to get footage for YouTube!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

beingsoblase wrote:
Vespa wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:

I certainly applaud your actions here Vespa, I've been meaning to sort out a dashcam for a while because of the absolute twattish driving I see on a daily basis, however Mrs blase thinks if I had one I would start driving like an arse to get footage for YouTube!

Indeed for Vespa, too many cunts about, report to plod, grass and fuck 'em all.

Indeed, Mrs Bsb, don't though ever put your dashcam footage on youtube, you will be known. And found. And then odd cunts.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?