Car Insurance Premiums

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
Zambo

Car Insurance Premiums

Post by Zambo »

Thought I would just check on-line to see what my premium would be this year which is due next month.

The fucking robdogs want me to pay 56% more this year. Tough shit, you aint getting another penny from me. :smt013
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Car Insurance Premiums

Post by Basualdo »

Zambo wrote:Thought I would just check on-line to see what my premium would be this year which is due next month.

The fucking robdogs want me to pay 56% more this year. Tough shit, you aint getting another penny from me. :smt013

Is that with the same lot your currently have?

That's what they do. They hope the hassle of changing is enough to make people think 'fuck it, I can't be arsed' and then stick the arm in.

I do my wife's insurance online and it hasn't actually changed (bar maybe three or four quid either way) in cost for years due to shopping around.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:Thought I would just check on-line to see what my premium would be this year which is due next month.

And then you give them a call, they tell you to hold while they 'see what they can do', and miraculously the price drops to 10 quid more than last year's premium.
WOKE AND PROUD

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I got my renewal notice a couple of weeks ago. I expected it to be higher than last year as this car isn’t as old my last one and so worth more.
But £100 more from £400 !
When I rang the first comment was, ”you have a claim on your record”.
“Yes, a claim that was settled in full a year ago when the other driver’s company admitted full liability within a few hours”
My record is blemish free with 19 years no-claims. It would be more but that was as far as the list went.
After a while they cut the rise to £50.
I accepted this as I’d already checked other companies direct and on comparison sites, and all were around this price.
I still think they are all robbers but I have to have insurance, so there’s no option.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:

And then you give them a call, they tell you to hold while they 'see what they can do', and miraculously the price drops to 10 quid more than last year's premium.

Just been on Live Chat with Layla (sounds sexy dunnit) :D

Gave her the usual, can get it £100 cheaper, don't want to leave, got my house insurance with you, what can you do etc.

Knocked £60 off, which takes it down to the level of most of the others from Money Supermarkets etc. Just shows how much they try it on.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I was with Direct Line up to this year, went on go compare and they found MoreThan was £300 cheaper, rang Direct Line and the guy actually laughed when telling me he couldn't match it but could come down £50.

I've now got an auto quote set up on go compare so I can have a fresh quote every year. Customer loyality is worthless.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

Gave her the usual, can get it £100 cheaper, don't want to leave, got my house insurance with you, what can you do etc.

Knocked £60 off, which takes it down to the level of most of the others from Money Supermarkets etc. Just shows how much they try it on.

Yep, bullshit artists, the lot of them.
The process you have to go through is painful, too:
Them: 'Let's go through your policy in detail to see if we can make some savings here and there'.
Me: 'Er, no, the other company can do it for 250 quid cheaper. Can you match it, yes or no?'
Them: 'Well, as I said, let's look at your policy…have you thought about increasing your excess…?'
Me: clicky-off
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

subsub wrote: Yep, bullshit artists, the lot of them.
Them: 'Let's go through your policy in detail to see if we can make some savings here and there'.
Me: 'Er, no, the other company can do it for 250 quid cheaper. Can you match it, yes or no?'
Them: 'Well, as I said, let's look at your policy…have you thought about increasing your excess…?'

It's amazing isn't it?

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

Yep, bullshit artists, the lot of them.

Voluntary excess is the biggest con of the lot.

Most people would rightfully assume that if you offer to pay the first £250 of any claim that it will make your premium cheaper, As I have no intention of making a claim and if it needed more than that done, then £250 seemed that a pretty decent deal.

One day however, I was curious when renewing my insurance to see how much more it would cost me to have zero voluntary excess, I was pretty gobsmacked to find that it makes not a jot of difference to the premium, it was exactly the same. I couldn't believe it.

All you're doing is giving them £250 for nothing.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"