British Gas

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

British Gas

Post by ToRmAtO »

What rip off merchant British Gas are, I'm still fuming ..

We need a new combi gas central heating boiler and heard some advert of their current deal, which after going through their website pushing all the options their quote was £4800..

Using 2 other means ( Corgi & Boxt) for exactly the same make & model of the boiler and exactly the same installation one came in at £2100 and the cheaper one was £1850 (due to a £200 discount picking a day they must be quiet)

How the hell do they get away this rip off . :evil:
Godwin's law

VeritasVincit

Re: British Gas

Post by VeritasVincit »

I had a central heating contract with them.
The boiler had a fault so no heating, and it was the coldest day of last winter. I phoned just after lunch, but they couldn't/wouldn't do anything until the next afternoon.
So I rang a local chap who came round withing the hour and fixed it, cheaply as it wasn't a massive fault.
I cancelled the BG contract and started one with the local firm for half the price.
They, BG, had been getting on my nerves because every time they came round to do the service, they tried to sell me something.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Just goes to prove that it isn't always size that counts.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Zambo wrote:Just goes to prove that it isn't always size that counts.

That's what I am always telling her.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Is there any utility company that isn’t pure cunt?

I’d rather be a caveman, natural fires to heat me home

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

henrycrs wrote:Is there any utility company that isn’t pure cunt?

No, not really. My mum has been having trouble with her energy supplier ... she does the meter reading herself and updates it online, apparently last months bill was estimated to be 300quid, but the meter reading says 60quid. They won't have it. They don't believe it is so low. What the fuck exactly? Twats. (She got solar panels about 10 years ago when the tariff was great, so most of her energy is offset. Ever since then the energy company has been pissed-off). Fuck 'em I say.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.