Have I Got News For You

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
Champagne and Roses

Have I Got News For You

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Did anyone see it ? Series 59 (fifty nine) Episode One. What a fucking treat. No studio audience and all the dummies sitting at home - Hislop artfully placed in front of a bookcase to make him look intelligent, must have spent two hours arranging all the books in there so we could read the titles, Merton in front of a vast wall of pain-in-the arse unfunny DVDs desperately signalling "I'm like Roy Hudd and Bob Monkhouse, I'm so sophisticated I find black-and-white silent comedies funny". Same formulaic fill-in-the-blanks Kevin Day-type script. But laid bare for us all to see due to the lack of an audience the wonderful fact that it wasn't in the slightest bit funny, not at all, not one little bit, and the more they desperately brayed at their own feeble quips or (even better) delivered them to utter silence, the more this was made clear and the more they floundered and sank. Of course we had all known this for the past twenty years but here is was proved beyond doubt. It's turned into Question Time but without any pretence of political balance, the toad-like establishment shill Hislop delivering lectures on "Boris blah blah blah", Merton likewise "Trump blah blah blah". At what point did those two give up even trying to be amusing ? About two decades ago when they discovered they could, £20,000 an episode for spouting whatever chattering class drivel that comes into their heads and with a fawning audience to validate in their own minds the correctness of their opinions. Well they can go two ways, kill this series off immediately and spare themselves and us further embarrassment, or try to boost the atmosphere by booking Nish Kumar for the next episode, a man who would laugh like a drain at the daily Coronavirus briefing, alongside Phil Jupitus who would do likewise and thump the table with his fist while doing so for good measure. Let's see which way they go.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

VeritasVincit

Re: Have I Got News For You

Post by VeritasVincit »

I couldn't take more than a few minutes. Dreadful, boring, unfunny.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Champagne and Roses wrote:chattering class drivel.

I do hate 'chattering class drivel' I must admit.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Oh GOD. The Rev. Richard Coles is on there tonight. Should be even worse than how you described the last episode. Try to watch it and give us a review.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Was he in The Communards many moons ago? It’s just never been mentioned.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

He was.