Names that irritate me

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
carcinogen

Names that irritate me

Post by carcinogen »

Ben.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

delboy1983

Re: Names that irritate me

Post by delboy1983 »

Bill
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote:Ben.
As per, Had a great Ben friend. Was a while before knew he was a Benidict, like the old Pope.

One of my personal bitches is Rebecca. So many derivations and other shite.

Are you a Becky, Becks, Bex, Becca, err Beckstar?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

delboy1983 wrote:Bill
Nowt wrong with a wee Willie, David. :P

The End

Post by The End »

Jordan. Never taught a pleasant Jordan,

Or Aaron/Arron/Aron/Arran. I'm sure most parents who give their kids deviations in spelling of traditional names simply can't spell and aren't just being 'different. I've taught two Jorjas. Jorja!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Jayden.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Troy.
Trey.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Julian
Mason
Tyler
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Seb
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Gregory Follis

Post by Gregory Follis »

Harper
Madison
Willow
Logan
Levi
Tansy

Pretentious shit.
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

My daughter's friend recently had a daughter and called the poor thing Brinley. Jesus fucking wept!

My wife's niece named her wee boy Kai.
It won't mean much to you over the water but if you lived in Loyalist areas near Belfast in the 70s, 'Kai' meant something completely different and certainly not what my wife's niece (& certainly her partner) had in mind.
I'm surprised the child's grandad didn't have a word with his daughter about it, but then knowing him he probably thought it a great joke.

I don't know if it's true but I once heard the French government have a list of names & that all babies born in France have to have their official registered name from that list. I used to scoff at the continental desire for authoritarianism when I heard that. But now it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Basualdo wrote:My daughter's friend recently had a daughter and called the poor thing Brinley. Jesus fucking wept!

It won't mean much to you over the water but if you lived in Loyalist areas near Belfast in the 70s, 'Kai' meant something completely different and certainly not what my wife's niece (& certainly her partner) had in mind.
I'm surprised the child's grandad didn't have a word with his daughter about it, but then knowing him he probably thought it a great joke.

I don't know if it's true but I once heard the French government have a list of names & that all babies born in France have to have their official registered name from that list. I used to scoff at the continental desire for authoritarianism when I heard that. But now it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
:lol:
I saw a list a few years ago of the oddest baby names registered in the UK.
The one I remember was Keegan Seal
:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Neil

Safe, boring and unspectacular as in:

Neil Godwin - The Office (UK)
Neil Sullivan
Neil the bloody hippy from the Young Ones
Neil Hamilton
Neil Armstrong (He was no Buzz Aldrin)
Neil Kinnock - plonker and Welsh windbag
Neil Warnock - exception with the traits I have described but what a yoodge cunt
Neil Morrisey - actually a decent bloke and great in Men Behaving Badly

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:My daughter's friend recently had a daughter and called the poor thing Brinley. Jesus fucking wept!

Denmark has strict laws, a few other countries as well: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/what-s- ... -1.1140427

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Two chavs I came across a few years back named their kid Beckham. The bird, I say bird but it would have taken a fucking good set of wings to get her off the ground, has a tattooed gut which rolled over the top of her slacks and hung about 5 inches below.

He spent all day smoking draw so the kid will no doubt have a quality upbringing.

Fucking Beckham though. Jesus ,