Car Servicing Robbing Bastards

You'll get the gist quick enough. Feel free to vent about life's rich tapestry and how it pisses you off. But steer clear of other forum members or you will be the target of a virtual kick up the arse.
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: Car Servicing Robbing Bastards

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:38 am Just had the car serviced.
£298 Inc vat.
For an 'interim' service which is basically a fucking oil change!!!!!!

How the fuck do these cunts justify their prices??

I'm not saying I didn't know how much it was going to be, and it's my own fault because I wanted it serviced by a main dealer to maintain a full dealership service history but fuck me, robbing bastards!!!!!
Last two cars, I've taken a different approach, Sid

I buy a car from new and drive it into the ground, getting it regularly serviced by my local mechanic. Who I totally trust. I drive it until it's only ready to be scrapped. Then a buy a new one.
I never have to worry about getting an official stamp & I reckon that depite the car having no resale value (other than scrap) I am quids in doing it that way.

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

Steve Hunt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:23 pm
£298 Inc vat.

I'm not saying I didn't know how much it was going to be, and it's my own fault because I wanted it serviced by a main dealer to maintain a full dealership service history but fuck me, robbing bastards!!!!!

I buy a car from new and drive it into the ground, getting it regularly serviced by my local mechanic. Who I totally trust. I drive it until it's only ready to be scrapped. Then a buy a new one.
I never have to worry about getting an official stamp & I reckon that depite the car having no resale value (other than scrap) I am quids in doing it that way.
Agreed Steve, that's what I do with the car I use for work.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

blues4ever wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:08 pm
Steve Hunt wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:23 pm
£298 Inc vat.

Agreed Steve, that's what I do with the car I use for work.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

antdad

Post by antdad »

I understand the approach but cars are generally reliable nowadays. If you bought a car from new, had it regularly serviced but drove it into the ground before renewing wouldn't you eventually be drivng twenty-five year old car until it died unless you were doing 50k miles a year and it was really worn out?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:05 pm Audis are "driven" exclusively by cunts
Maybe not but BMW drivers are way ahead in the cunt league.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

antdad wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:11 am I understand the approach but cars are generally reliable nowadays. If you bought a car from new, had it regularly serviced but drove it into the ground before renewing wouldn't you eventually be drivng twenty-five year old car until it died unless you were doing 50k miles a year and it was really worn out?
I do between 25k - 30K a year, ant

I bought my last car new in June 2015. It's on 132,000 miles. Still drives like a dream. Never been near a main dealer garage. Just the local bloke I have known for years and trust. Always sails through it's MOT.

it's a diesel, so hopefully a year or so before it's finally fucked. Then I will get whatever I can for it and buy another new one.

I have no way of proving it and of course it all depends on when each car becomes economically unviable, but I reckon I am better off this way. Plus I have the satisfaction that main dealers haven't been able to royally rip me off. I don't even buy my car new from a main dealer. I go to happynewcar who are approx £4k cheaper than your main dealer & deliver it to your door.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I don't or haven't ever bought new but I think it's the right approach unless you're bothered about resell value which you're not. What about the warranty you get with a new car, like the OP don't you need a dealership servicing record to maintain that or are you not too bothered about it?

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

antdad wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:03 amWhat about the warranty you get with a new car, like the OP don't you need a dealership servicing record to maintain that or are you not too bothered about it?
An interesting point. What does the warranty cover, and is it worth it?

I'd draw a comparison with holiday insurance. Most of the time you've wasted money, but if you get stranded in the middle of nowhere or the flight gets cancelled or it crashes and you lose both legs, you'll be glad you had it.

Feeling lucky, punk?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It pays to complain to these tossers, or they will keep ripping customers off.

Noticed that the price of a service had gone up by 25% over the previous year for a 1st service. Got hold of the service manager's name and emailed him, asking how he could justify the hike, Despite some flannel about the increase in cost of parts, he couldn't. He sent me an email, which I have to take when I take the car in, stating how much my service will cost me, which corresponds to a 3% increase over last years price.

It's not just car servicing, it's going on across the board with stuff like house and car insurance, they will rip us off unless we make a stand. Problem is, some people just cough up without a whimper.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Yes main dealer service is expensive.

But you shouldn't need to go to a main dealer just to keep the warranty OK. The dreaded EU stopped that scam about five years ago. Whoever does the car needs to show they followed the service schedule and used kosher parts.

i am guessing that as we move on to become the new thrusting Britain we might see that scam return, just like roaming charges. There must be quite a lot of companies looking forward to escaping those EU regulations. I am sure Ryanair will be for example.

And it works. I have had warranty work done where the car had been serviced by a non main dealer.

If you go to Servicing Stop they will guarantee your warranty will be safe, plus they collect and return the car.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Hillman avenger wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:00 pm Yes main dealer service is expensive.

But you shouldn't need to go to a main dealer just to keep the warranty OK. The dreaded EU stopped that scam about five years ago. Whoever does the car needs to show they followed the service schedule and used kosher parts.

i am guessing that as we move on to become the new thrusting Britain we might see that scam return, just like roaming charges. There must be quite a lot of companies looking forward to escaping those EU regulations. I am sure Ryanair will be for example.

And it works. I have had warranty work done where the car had been serviced by a non main dealer.

If you go to Servicing Stop they will guarantee your warranty will be safe, plus they collect and return the car.
Project gear.
There's no poem, just prose.