Your most boring holiday spot

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Petingo

Re: Your most boring holiday spo

Post by Petingo »

Reg wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Reg wrote:
Northern Troglodite wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Zambo wrote:Cleethorpes, must be the last resort. Mrs Z has relations up that way, but I'm not going back.

I hear ya, Zam.

The big girl has kinfolk in Middlesborough and every couple years we go up there for a visit.

We stay in Redcar :(

The coldest seaside resort on earth :rolleyes:

Unfortunately “not going back” is not an option ol’ Pet has :x

As a resident of the Boro , Redcar is 100% buggered , looked better turned into Dunkirk for the film "Atonement", :D

That is one hell of a scene - though maybe a bit tame by modern British seaside standards...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you see that fillum, Pet?

I enjoyed it.

I did indeed, Reg.

Good filum :D
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Your most boring holiday spot

Post by Basualdo »

Millisle. Two thousand Shankil Road hoods hiding from each other in caravans and one pub and some Jewish people.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Newry? Nivver been Bas. But I remember they always presented a decent crippled team on 'We Are The Champions'. What's it like?

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Great Cumbrae
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:Newry? Nivver been Bas. But I remember they always presented a decent crippled team on 'We Are The Champions'. What's it like?

A Catholic Newtownards.

That's not a complimentary comparison.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Got to be Rhyl or Prestatyn. Nothing to do except eat chips and feed one-armed bandits.

All of those, like Abergele and Talacre, collectively referred to as "Tin town" on Merseyside.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:Millisle. Two thousand Shankil Road hoods hiding from each other in caravans and one pub and some Jewish people.

I understand the concept of hiding in a caravan or a pub, but how do you hide in a Jewish person?
Roy IN!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Just down the road from me. I think Carlos J goes there once a year for the annual bingo competition. ;P I give you .... drum roll purleeez ... Potters, Hopton-on-Sea, Norfolk!

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I went on a narrow boat a few years ago .... dear god.

Pottering along is ok, but the tedious cunts who own a boat who either a) lecture you about how to steer the floating caravan or b) moaning about people who rent them - did my head in.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Vespa wrote:I went on a narrow boat a few years ago .... dear god.

Pottering along is ok, but the tedious cunts who own a boat who either a) lecture you about how to steer the floating caravan or b) moaning about people who rent them - did my head in.

Let's hire a gun boat and mow all the fuckers down. Apocalypse Now style. Come visit me, we can go on the Norfolk Broads.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

carcinogen wrote: Let's hire a gun boat and mow all the fuckers down. Apocalypse Now style. Come visit me, we can go on the Norfolk Broads.

I'll share my top tip how to shut the fuckers up.

When they are full flow telling you about the joys of like on the open cut point out that you aren't sure if you could live full time somewhere you have the essentially shit in a bucket and empty it out every once and a while.

Once you have them defending pumping their own faeces out it seems a lot less romantic.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Don't think I've had a boring holiday.

Been to places which aren't too exciting or the weather wasn't very good ; but always found something to do. Give me a week in Newtownards, Stranraer, Newport or Walsall, I'm sure I'd love all four places.

Went to Gran Canaria last minute(pal broke up with his g/f, and we managed to change it from a double to two single beds thankfully)a few years back and whilst it was fine, even at 20, it was a bit boring as we didn't really do anything apart from watch football, get liquored up, then do it all again the next day and didn't see much of the island.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kevin04 wrote: Walsall

I've been to Walsall, it was one of the most depressing places I've ever been. No wonder all those Muslim men abuse children up that neck of the woods, there's fuck all else to do.

SWL-DXER

Post by SWL-DXER »

Petingo wrote:
Zambo wrote:Cleethorpes, must be the last resort. Mrs Z has relations up that way, but I'm not going back.

I hear ya, Zam.

The big girl has kinfolk in Middlesborough and every couple years we go up there for a visit.

It's spelled MIDDLESBROUGH!
The Iron Man of talkFORUM

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

SWL-DXER wrote:
Petingo wrote:

I hear ya, Zam.

It's spelled MIDDLESBROUGH!

What makes y’all say that?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.