Anyone tempted by ebikes?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Vespa

Anyone tempted by ebikes?

Postby Vespa » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:33 pm

I've been reading the reports from eurobike.

I have a few bikes in the bikes in the collection and have been eyeing ebikes as a lower effort bike for commuting and times when I don't want to drive, don't fancy getting too sweaty - shops, pool etc.

The motor technology, range and price are coming down now.

Did anyone get one, thinking of getting one etc?

AlcoholBrazil

Re: Anyone tempted by ebikes?

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:35 pm

It has to be a Boris Bike for me. Reliable and gets you to your destination without falling apart.
Just walked down to the petrol station and bought a pack of tungsten-tipped screws ...never gonna use them...............never gonna use them !

Zambo

Postby Zambo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:45 pm

AlcoholBrazil wrote:It has to be a Boris Bike for me. Reliable and gets you to your destination without falling apart.

:mrgreen:
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

paolo

Postby paolo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:35 am

Vespa wrote:I've been reading the reports from eurobike.

I have a few bikes in the bikes in the collection and have been eyeing ebikes as a lower effort bike for commuting and times when I don't want to drive, don't fancy getting too sweaty - shops, pool etc.

The motor technology, range and price are coming down now.

Did anyone get one, thinking of getting one etc?

rather good...i have a kona rove fitted with a bionx d500 (de restricted) plus bionx went bump, but the package is great
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm

My version of the big girl has one and uses it for work. She's off to abaord on a work project in Nov for 2 weeks and I cannae wait to get the beast fired up and use it to go down to the shops or wee tour about.

I've got a haudy of a Moongoose bike - gears don't work - so I only use it for the occasional trip to work (20 min walk away) or wee cycle around on a fine day and not too many hills.

Think the ebike was about 500 or so from Ikea. It's a beaut and a beast and fantastic, honestly get one! They are always lowering in price and the battery is getting stronger and better - we get about 3-4 hrs without charge out of this thing.

To sound a bit ridiculous now, but you'll get your life back. Cars are great, but they take away a bit of spontaneity in my opinion and you end up just driving everywhere - places you should be walking/cycling to. These ebikes are often quicker at getting you to places local-ish than a car and hitting the 6th gear thingy to go up a hill is fantastic.

Also, probably a good hybrid/beginner way to get back in to cycling.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Vespa

Postby Vespa » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 pm

kevin04 wrote:My version of the big girl has one and uses it for work. She's off to abaord on a work project in Nov for 2 weeks and I cannae wait to get the beast fired up and use it to go down to the shops or wee tour about.

I've got a haudy of a Moongoose bike - gears don't work - so I only use it for the occasional trip to work (20 min walk away) or wee cycle around on a fine day and not too many hills.

Think the ebike was about 500 or so from Ikea. It's a beaut and a beast and fantastic, honestly get one! They are always lowering in price and the battery is getting stronger and better - we get about 3-4 hrs without charge out of this thing.

To sound a bit ridiculous now, but you'll get your life back. Cars are great, but they take away a bit of spontaneity in my opinion and you end up just driving everywhere - places you should be walking/cycling to. These ebikes are often quicker at getting you to places local-ish than a car and hitting the 6th gear thingy to go up a hill is fantastic.

Also, probably a good hybrid/beginner way to get back in to cycling.

Replacing the car for short trips is what appeals to me. In the spring/summer I do a regular trip of about 10 miles, an ebike would work a trick.

kevin04

Postby kevin04 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Go for it, bigman. Honestly, you'll love it.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.