New Car Time

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Perlagreen

Re: New Car Time

Post by Perlagreen »

Hillman avenger wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 am
Perlagreen wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:45 am
Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:58 pm DS Make pure nasty cars man

No good for my line of work but I saw the DS7 other week and thought how nice it was
Look up Citroen in the various surveys of owners...has been bottom or near bottom for years. Heavy depreciation.

My brother in law has a C4 Picasso. It was wired so the front wiper control operated the rear wiper and vice versa.

The picasso , stunning vehicle particularly the early models

Styling was by Pininfarina apparently
Doar Dinamo Bucuresti

DDB

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

We are quite lucky that my version of the big girl has a 'company' car that is leased to us and we only need to pay for petrol for personal use. We both live relatively close to our workplaces, although the car is for when she has to go 30 miles out to the warehouse, but 80% of the time, her lab/workspace is 2.4 km away from our house (know that through Fitnessblender) mines is even less 1.9km.

Anyhoos, we had a Kia Sportage for about a year and it was fine. I'm the wrong man in the wrong thread at the right time - havering on - but my pal works for Kia and they seem to be quite reliable, good mileage and we never had any issues with it. I even rammed it at 20mph in to a street sign in the snow by mistake and no dents, damage or anything.

We've, well (she does, but I get to use it too) a Suzuki Vitara. It's quite good being higher up and seeing the road, uses up a lot more petrol, but very sturdy and good for getting out and about.

My first ever car was a Fiat Sciento. Dirt cheap, and the same pal who is a car salesman told me all the mechanics he knows hate(d) Fiat - maybe they've improved in 10 years? but I never had any issues with it and it was brilliant for nippy around small town centres and getting those tiny spaces no one can get in to. Then again, the odd occasion I got it over 90 you did think if anything happens now, well, oh well!

I've always fancied a Suzuki Jimny, no idea why, although the new ones look like a poor man's Hummer.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Perlagreen wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:50 pm
Hillman avenger wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 am
Perlagreen wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:45 am
Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:58 pm DS Make pure nasty cars man

No good for my line of work but I saw the DS7 other week and thought how nice it was
Look up Citroen in the various surveys of owners...has been bottom or near bottom for years. Heavy depreciation.

My brother in law has a C4 Picasso. It was wired so the front wiper control operated the rear wiper and vice versa.

The picasso , stunning vehicle particularly the early models

Styling was by Pininfarina apparently
Avoid Citeron.

They're fucking shite.
A joyless arsehole.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Horrid motors.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

What's the Zambo wheels of choice?

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

kevin04 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:49 am We are quite lucky that my version of the big girl has a 'company' car that is leased to us and we only need to pay for petrol for personal use. We both live relatively close to our workplaces, although the car is for when she has to go 30 miles out to the warehouse, but 80% of the time, her lab/workspace is 2.4 km away from our house (know that through Fitnessblender) mines is even less 1.9km.

Anyhoos, we had a Kia Sportage for about a year and it was fine. I'm the wrong man in the wrong thread at the right time - havering on - but my pal works for Kia and they seem to be quite reliable, good mileage and we never had any issues with it. I even rammed it at 20mph in to a street sign in the snow by mistake and no dents, damage or anything.

We've, well (she does, but I get to use it too) a Suzuki Vitara. It's quite good being higher up and seeing the road, uses up a lot more petrol, but very sturdy and good for getting out and about.

My first ever car was a Fiat Sciento. Dirt cheap, and the same pal who is a car salesman told me all the mechanics he knows hate(d) Fiat - maybe they've improved in 10 years? but I never had any issues with it and it was brilliant for nippy around small town centres and getting those tiny spaces no one can get in to. Then again, the odd occasion I got it over 90 you did think if anything happens now, well, oh well!

I've always fancied a Suzuki Jimny, no idea why, although the new ones look like a poor man's Hummer.
The Jimny is a disaster.
Crude , handles badly.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Hillmany Clarkson

Perlagreen

Post by Perlagreen »

That new puegeot 508 is a nice looking vehicle ( well newish )

I was looking at a infinity Q50 / Q70 perhaps as next car for taxi , but the tech seems very intricate and as they no longer sell in UK maybe not

But nice cars

So perhaps Mazda 6 who knows , to be fair last thing you need to be doing in taxi game is buying a new car at present !!!
Doar Dinamo Bucuresti

DDB

antdad

Post by antdad »

Arty Morty wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:49 pm Alfa Stelvio. Who cares if it breaks down when it looks that good?
The only cross-over that made me look twice, well done sir. Don't worry OP, in two years time it'll be half price. :)

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Perlagreen wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:58 am That new puegeot 508 is a nice looking vehicle ( well newish )
It's French therefore shit.
A joyless arsehole.

Perlagreen

Post by Perlagreen »

shabbado wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am
Perlagreen wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:58 am That new puegeot 508 is a nice looking vehicle ( well newish )
It's French therefore shit.
Good Lord 😱
Doar Dinamo Bucuresti

DDB

Perlagreen

Post by Perlagreen »

The most horrible car but these damn things was never allowed to die , the Dacia from 70s and 80s

Still to been seen in Romania
Doar Dinamo Bucuresti

DDB

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

There are new Dacias on sale here now.
Duster, Sandero.
Basic and cheap.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Perlagreen

Post by Perlagreen »

Hillman avenger wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm There are new Dacias on sale here now.
Duster, Sandero.
Basic and cheap.
Nasty looking
Doar Dinamo Bucuresti

DDB

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Hillman avenger wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm There are new Dacias on sale here now.
Duster, Sandero.
Basic and cheap.
They're made by Renault