Depression

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Reg

Re: Depression

Post by Reg »

delboy1983 wrote:I fainted in my office in 1990 was out for about 30 seconds and this was diagnosed as overwork and stress.
Was off for 4 months on 20mg anti-depressant pills and although I went back to full working I was told stress would be with me for good and needed to be managed.
This developed in 2010 when my company went to the wall and went into full blown depression with years locked in my room,sleeping 18 hrs a day ,shunning all company including family and upgrading gradually to the max dosage of 200mg Setraline
Gradually got better, ventured out for walks ,shunned anyone who tried to speak to me including friends and went into a shop took a panic attack and had agoraphobia.
Has been a long battle ,got my life under some sort of control ,have had a few episodes which floor me but my life is as manageable as it is going to get. My family and friends got me through this nightmare and I will be for ever grateful and indebted to them.

Keep going mate, we’re with you.
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Reg wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:I fainted in my office in 1990 was out for about 30 seconds and this was diagnosed as overwork and stress.
Was off for 4 months on 20mg anti-depressant pills and although I went back to full working I was told stress would be with me for good and needed to be managed.
This developed in 2010 when my company went to the wall and went into full blown depression with years locked in my room,sleeping 18 hrs a day ,shunning all company including family and upgrading gradually to the max dosage of 200mg Setraline
Gradually got better, ventured out for walks ,shunned anyone who tried to speak to me including friends and went into a shop took a panic attack and had agoraphobia.
Has been a long battle ,got my life under some sort of control ,have had a few episodes which floor me but my life is as manageable as it is going to get. My family and friends got me through this nightmare and I will be for ever grateful and indebted to them.

+1

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

All the best.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Does anybody with depression or with schizophrenia on the Forum believe in God ?
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

kancutlawns wrote:
Reg wrote:

+1

Hang in there,
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Roddy wrote:Does anybody with depression or with schizophrenia on the Forum believe in God ?

I do but my faith isn't as strong as it used to be, I don't pray 5 times a day like I used to.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Roddy wrote:Does anybody with depression or with schizophrenia on the Forum believe in God ?

Is that a serious question Bubbles ?

It's an interesting thought actually because maybe these are things which people who lack faith are more at risk from. Having said this I can think of at least one person who claims to be a catholic but who suffers from such problems.

I should think that if people don't believe in God then they must wonder why we're here and what the point is. Once someone starts thinking like that I should think it's a recipe for these problems . Maybe this isn't the right place to discuss this really but I think you've raised a very interesting possibility
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Nihilism is not for the faint hearted .. hey I made that up myself you know !
Now then .. I'm very careful about the word depression owing to knowing people who suffer from it. It's a very hard thing to see when it comes on them .. why they call it the black dog. Having faith is a very positive thing imo but no guarantee to stave off the real mental torture that is depression.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Not sure, Roddy.
But there's plenty of evidence to show that religious types are far more likely to be mentally unstable.
WOKE AND PROUD

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Belief in God actually means nothing .. faith without works is dead as they say. Also as they say .. how do you behave as opposed to what do you believe ? These are spiritual principles no matter what you believe :

<squints eyes> when pupil ready teacher will show

Anecdotal .. faith is a great thing but is only useful if you live it day to day. If you suffer from depression you have to be especially careful when you're feeling well to keep up the effort and the action .. because as they say .. God loves a trier !! Hey defo don't be arguing with people on the internet !! Practise patience and tolerance .. know that your opinions are just that .. don't argue with cunts.

Faith without works is dead !! :box:

Fuckin ace :smt028

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

subsub wrote:

Not sure, Roddy.
But there's plenty of evidence to show that religious types are far more likely to be mentally unstable.

I think that's probably untrue, but this isn't the place to argue about it.
I think this thread is meant to be helpful and supportive to sufferers more than anything else.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

This is a feel good song with some nice lyrics.

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I like the statement Klatu spoke in the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. In the Universe nothing is wasted.
All our atoms serve a purpose.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

You meet someone you haven't seen for a few years ,they've heard rumours and and blurt out.
"What have you got to be depressed about"
That makes you feel a lot better. :shock:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

rorymac wrote:Nihilism is not for the faint hearted

“I am the spirit that negates.
And rightly so, for all that comes to be
Deserves to perish wretchedly;