Depression

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
carcinogen

Re: Depression

Post by carcinogen »

Some of the greatest art and music has been produced by depressed people. Depression gets a bad name from certain cunts who moan on about it in the media. Depression has become devalued. I actually think we've reached saturation point now, people are starting to feel depressed because they aren't feeling depressed but think they should be depressed because everyone else says they are depressed.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4 colin wrote:Hate Feb fucking grimmest month of the year!
Prefer it to January which is a real bastard with dark mornings, terrible cold and so little to look forward to. Winter drags on in February but you can start to see an end to the season.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

How odd that this topic should be top of the list in "Open Chat". For the first time in about 20 years I've had a very slight return; I'd forgotten what it felt like.
In my case it's not only everything seeming to go wrong all at once, it's the feeling that somehow you deserve it, and that it will go on forever.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Reg

Re: Depressionue

Post by Reg »

carcinogen wrote:Some of the greatest art and music has been produced by depressed people. Depression gets a bad name from certain cunts who moan on about it in the media. Depression has become devalued. I actually think we've reached saturation point now, people are starting to feel depressed because they aren't feeling depressed but think they should be depressed because everyone else says they are depressed.
Depression is anathama to creativity.

A lot of very bad writing and art is produced in the name of depression, but it is largely pretentious rubbish.

True artists might suffer depression but they never produce anything of value while suffering from it.

Wannabe artists focus on "artistic lifestyle" and glorify squalor and depression - and churn out shit.

They are in love with the life - at a distance - but not the art.
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

JimmyDee wrote:How odd that this topic should be top of the list in "Open Chat". For the first time in about 20 years I've had a very slight return; I'd forgotten what it felt like.
In my case it's not only everything seeming to go wrong all at once, it's the feeling that somehow you deserve it, and that it will go on forever.
Good luck mate.
Roy IN!!

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Reg wrote:Good luck mate.
That's very kind of you.
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in." :-)
It's not a millionth as bad as it was, fortunately. Even as I write this I can feel it lifting.

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Reg

Post by Reg »

JimmyDee wrote:
Reg wrote:Good luck mate.
That's very kind of you.
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in." :-)
It's not a millionth as bad as it was, fortunately. Even as I write this I can feel it lifting.
That's the power of talkFORUM. 8)
Roy IN!!

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Reg wrote:That's the power of talkFORUM. 8)
Indeed it is. Pity it never worked on Gaunt, to put HIM back to normal :-)

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Staying off the internet helps.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Roddy wrote:It is bad when you here different voices.
I think that's schizophenia
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

dagbladet

Re: Depressionue

Post by dagbladet »

Reg wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Some of the greatest art and music has been produced by depressed people. Depression gets a bad name from certain cunts who moan on about it in the media. Depression has become devalued. I actually think we've reached saturation point now, people are starting to feel depressed because they aren't feeling depressed but think they should be depressed because everyone else says they are depressed.
Depression is anathama to creativity.

A lot of very bad writing and art is produced in the name of depression, but it is largely pretentious rubbish.

True artists might suffer depression but they never produce anything of value while suffering from it.

Wannabe artists focus on "artistic lifestyle" and glorify squalor and depression - and churn out shit.

They are in love with the life - at a distance - but not the art.
A few years ago me and a mate went to the theatre (free tickets). It was a Tennessee Williams play. For the first half I didn't have a bloody clue what was going on, the dialogue was all deep and meandering. At half-time I mentioned to the bird sitting next to me that I was at a loss as to the plot and I'd expected something more mainstream from such an accomplished writer. She explained that this play was written during the depth of his depression and the entire audience (less me and Ray) were aware that this one was a bit 'niche'.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Eh,i got diagnosed with schizophrenia last week from the clinical psychologist that deal's with me.

He subscribed me risperidone and i have not took them.

have been on all the below drugs for 7 year
mirtazapine.
zopiclone.
propranolol.
citalopram.
diazepam.

These people are just trying to being down a great mind .
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Let's all chill.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Roddy wrote:Eh,i got diagnosed with schizophrenia last week from the clinical psychologist that deal's with me.

He subscribed me risperidone and i have not took them.

have been on all the below drugs for 7 year
mirtazapine.
zopiclone.
propranolol.
citalopram.
diazepam.

These people are just trying to being down a great mind .

What about the other guy ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

ilk59 wrote:I must first apologize for the content of this thread, I, like I suppose everyone else, visit this forum for some light relief and this subject stands in stark contrast to that. I am not the type of person to extemporize about my feelings publicly, however, I would like to make an exception in this case.

I find myself in a bit of a rut, I have always been a pessimist (ironically I consider it a positive thing), and I have in my life experienced terribly dark feelings, but for the past six months I have been feeling depressed. In this time, I have continued to attend work, in fact, I have found a better job in the private sector which I will be starting in June. I have remained cordial with my friends and relatives. I have continued to attend social functions. Yet, when I am left alone with my thoughts, I feel overwhelmed with anxiety and sadness.

I have been searching for an answer. Perhaps it is my colleagues? They are ruthless gossips and a source of negative energy, but, although maybe not in the same density, I have encountered such people my whole life. Perhaps it was my lifestyle? I changed my diet and intensely exercise four times a week; but still the feelings persist.

What I want to know is how to beat this. I am hesitant to go to a medical professional because my job requires me to disclose my medical history.

It's taken me a long long time to reply to your statement "Ilk59" and I truly hope you are still hanging in there and God willing feeling better. As many on this forum know Iost my job just after Christmas 2017 and was going through a really bad patch, for I could not see any light at the end of the tunnel. I have suffered from depression ever since I was a child and being with others and their happiness has always made me happy. Depression has also affected my relationship with my children and wife. They say you hurt the ones you love and believe me I have done that so many times, yet for some reason they have stuck by me. My twins do not help my depression as they constantly belittle me and argue between themselves , For me suicide is not an option due to my faith and because of the most beautiful Granddaughters anyone can wish for and not being them makes me feel so down and I cannot help but shed a tear.

Luckily things have got better on the ob front as I finally found a job even though it did not pay the best the company were amazing and helped me to get help with my depression and I was able to start to cope. I now work for another company and at least do not have to worry about bills at the end of the month, This has helped a lot but some days I have really bad days and then ok day. I find that going to local lake to watch nature or even to the sea calms me.

Forgive me if it feels like I have just randomly rambled as I find it hard to talk about the subject. So I guess what I am saying is hang in there and believe me things do get better.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."