Depression

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Roddy

Re: Depression

Post by Roddy »

Morning;pregabalin 150 mg,propranolol 40 mg,citalopram 40 mg,diazepam 10mg.

Evening:zopiclone 7.5,mirtazapine 40 mg.

I will not give to them though they make you just sit and stare at waw's all day (which they want you to do).

Every night the same auld dreams though.

All ways the same and for all the drugs they put in my system they can't stop the dreams....
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Good lad, Rodster....Stay strong . Keep away from the mushrooms too.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

Staying busy is the key. I suffer from depression from time-to-time, and the worst times are without doubt when alone in bed in the middle of the night unable to sleep. When in Spain last year, I was able to go for long walks at 3am/4am or so, which wasn't great the next day at work when shattered, but at least I was making something of a shite time. I unfortunately can't do that here (well, I can, but I'll be freezing) but fortunately I'm sleeping reasonably well. I'm sure it will happen again at some point though.

Sorry, I'm rambling. In short - keep your mind busy!
All eyes and ears...

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I got back into motorbiking during my last really bad bout a couple of years ago. It was brilliant as I was getting exercise doing something I loved plus you get a wonderful feeling of relaxed solitude when you're wearing a helmet, I find it incredibly calming even when I'm taking on a big fucking jump
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Never been affected with depression and hopefully never will be. This means I'm no expert on the issue by any means, but I can totally understand why some people extol the virtues of exercise for people suffering. Can do wonders for anyone.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

paolo

Post by paolo »

Roquetas wrote:Staying busy is the key. I suffer from depression from time-to-time, and the worst times are without doubt when alone in bed in the middle of the night unable to sleep. When in Spain last year, I was able to go for long walks at 3am/4am or so, which wasn't great the next day at work when shattered, but at least I was making something of a shite time. I unfortunately can't do that here (well, I can, but I'll be freezing) but fortunately I'm sleeping reasonably well. I'm sure it will happen again at some point though.

Sorry, I'm rambling. In short - keep your mind busy!
got to echo that

being busy....
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

The Boss that i deal with is a guy from the East End who did relly see family,friends,neighbours in a predicament, after 15 year at least in the joab it's all been about rasin a family and paperwork and climbing the greasy pole and not been doing groundwork...
:)
That's where i come in.
He sends me all the new recruits.

Everyone of them i have cajoled into telling me their sob story and it is always the same (one of them is on the sick through stress) :)
Went to a private school outside Glasgow,bullied at school,didn't get their dream joab,dropped out of Uni, and now i they are trying to redeem them self's by working along side mental people from the slums just so their parents will keep the rent going in their flat down in the West End.

They use phases like "It is a journey for for you".!!

Duhh you got that from any reality T.V show from the last 10 year ya daft cunt.!!

I fuckin tell thum that and thir shouders slump, :)
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Eh :roll:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

delboy1983 wrote:Eh :roll:
Is that an eh?,through the fact i forgot to add that it was mental health workers i was talking about or just an general eh? because it is a East coast reaction for just about anything,eh?

phpBB [video]

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I've been having dark thoughts a while now.. I've got two older brothers who are both married with children and I'm still single. One of them went to Oxford and the other to imperial and he is nearly a partner in a big accountancy firm. He probably pays more in tax than I make in a year. We used to be close growing up but they rarely send me texts asking hw I am or what I've been up to. I try and be positive bit I've got into a negative mindset. I still want to be going or at weekends enjoying myself but most f my mates were from uni, not my boring provincial town. People say your teensge years are meant to be your greatest, but I had a horrible time and I can never get that back.
Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Try to stay positive, leader. Do what you enjoy doing. You are not your brothers, comparisons to them are not helpful, the amount of coin they earn is not relevant to any happiness. Hope you have a good Christmas and best wishes for the new year.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Carlos J wrote:Try to stay positive, leader. Do what you enjoy doing. You are not your brothers, comparisons to them are not helpful, the amount of coin they earn is not relevant to any happiness. Hope you have a good Christmas and best wishes for the new year.
thanks for the advice . I think sometimes as new year approaches I reflect on things more and how life is going . I had cbt before and it helped a lot so that's always an option. I don't have many people to talk to about things , don't want to worry other people.
Man U and rangers

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

You need to talk to people and understanding people will not be worried but will be a sounding post and sympathetic.
Worst thing you can do is bottle it all up.
I started off speaking to my GP and ended up crying uncontrollably in her office.
She listened and seen how depressed I was and she has been a great sounding post for me ever since
My family took over the day to day job and without them it doesn't bear thinking about.

Suppose what I am saying Leader is paramount to you getting better is sharing and taking good advice.

Have a good and positive Christmas and best wishes for 2016 :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

delboy1983 wrote:You need to talk to people and understanding people will not be worried but will be a sounding post and sympathetic.
Worst thing you can do is bottle it all up.
I started off speaking to my GP and ended up crying uncontrollably in her office.
She listened and seen how depressed I was and she has been a great sounding post for me ever since
My family took over the day to day job and without them it doesn't bear thinking about.

Suppose what I am saying Leader is paramount to you getting better is sharing and taking good advice.

Have a good and positive Christmas and best wishes for 2016 :)
That's good advice Del. I never talked to anyone for 37 years then all of a sudden depression hit me like a lorry

I still see my therapist once a week, talk/draw/paint anything that gets you thinking and talking

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

theleader82 wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Try to stay positive, leader. Do what you enjoy doing. You are not your brothers, comparisons to them are not helpful, the amount of coin they earn is not relevant to any happiness. Hope you have a good Christmas and best wishes for the new year.
thanks for the advice . I think sometimes as new year approaches I reflect on things more and how life is going . I had cbt before and it helped a lot so that's always an option. I don't have many people to talk to about things , don't want to worry other people.

I felt terrible after coming home, stress with my oldest Daughter trying to get used to being home again, i was lucky i spent a bit of time with my mother in law and her partner[ who is a great friend to me]
My youngest brother owns a haulage company and is a wealthy young guy,we agreed to have a bit of scran at a cafe and a chat, on the way back he broke down in tears and started ranting and raving about his wife his kids the pressure he is under,
I speak to him everyday now he call's and i like to know if he is ok

Just because you have money it means fuck all,speak to a samaritian or send me a private message, it does pass, i was on my fucking knees mate.

My mother in law does not have a pot to piss in and is the person i look up to more than anybody , and she has a humilty and warmth that money cant buy, fuck money