Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Post by Carlos J »

Continuation from here: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... start=1545
Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Joe Cole did play for Villa, how are we supposed to know the year the questions were set ?

:lol:
Same question fucked me as well

:lol: :lol:

I got that question as well.
Thankfully I had completely forgotten that he played for them but I knew Delaney had.

Too many bastard 9/10s and silly mistakes this month. :(
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Post by Carlos J »

15 seconds ol' Pet? Bravo or Das like cunning? ;)

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote:15 seconds ol' Pet? Bravo or Das like cunning? ;)

Quite - simply don't know how 15 is possible.
I can do 18/19 going absolutely full pelt… :-k
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:
Carlos J wrote:15 seconds ol' Pet? Bravo or Das like cunning? ;)

Quite - simply don't know how 15 is possible.
I can do 18/19 going absolutely full pelt… :-k

A complete and utter freak and a gamble that paid off.

I have had it on my head recently that, not only does one come across identical sets of questions on a regular basis, but that when one does, the answers all sit in the same place.

And as I am having to force the issue due to the Subster being in front with days running out and him posting a very quick time yesterday, I went for it.

The first answer I hit was the top option and after that I looked at neither question or answer......merely hit the top option the whole way down.

Voila......a new personal best :)

I tried to apply the same tactic today and would have had another quick time but I decided to check my answers before submitting them only to discover lightning weren't for striking twice and I had to go through it all again :(

Don't polish that trophy yet though Sub.....I am still in hot pursuit :P
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Interesting ol' Pet. Seems mine were all in the same place today. Hope not a regular thing, might have to ponder a rejig, but one to monitor.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Carlos J wrote:Interesting ol' Pet. Seems mine were all in the same place today. Hope not a regular thing, might have to ponder a rejig, but one to monitor.

Yes, I just picked up on this over the last few days.

Now, could be it was always thus and we are just noticing now but I don't think so.....you would think one of us might have noticed over the years.

I wonder if they have changed their compilation system or sommat.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

One to monitor and seems a farce of a way to organise a quiz, and yes, surely someone would have noticed it before.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:A complete and utter freak and a gamble that paid off.

I have had it on my head recently that, not only does one come across identical sets of questions on a regular basis, but that when one does, the answers all sit in the same place.

And as I am having to force the issue due to the Subster being in front with days running out and him posting a very quick time yesterday, I went for it.

The first answer I hit was the top option and after that I looked at neither question or answer......merely hit the top option the whole way down.

Voila......a new personal best :)

:D
Well done, Pet. Very impressive!
Petingo wrote:Don't polish that trophy yet though Sub.....I am still in hot pursuit :P

I know, Pet. You do it every month, so I know it's never in the bag :(
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote:Interesting ol' Pet. Seems mine were all in the same place today. Hope not a regular thing, might have to ponder a rejig, but one to monitor.

I've never noticed that before!
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:

grrrrrr.....I should have kept my mouth shut :x

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

Nah, ol' Pet. You shouldn't have and you probably couldn't have. You are a good egg and as per posts, a fair and honourable man. Err. :fell:

You shared the click the answer not the circle information and you have shared this. Winning by using a cunningly spotted anomaly (I hope) would not have sat fair with you. There is no glory in that, only an illusion and delusion of glory.

Playing with a straight bat on a level playing field and to the victor belong the spoils, and other clichés are available. You, ol' Pet are a credit to your race, the human race. And a credit to the talkFORUM quiz. :prayer:

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote:
Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

Nah, ol' Pet. You shouldn't have and you probably couldn't have. You are a good egg and as per posts, a fair and honourable man. Err. :fell:

You shared the click the answer not the circle information and you have shared this. Winning by using a cunningly spotted anomaly (I hope) would not have sat fair with you. There is no glory in that, only an illusion and delusion of glory.

Playing with a straight bat on a level playing field and to the victor belong the spoils, and other clichés are available. You, ol' Pet are a credit to your race, the human race. And a credit to the talkFORUM quiz. :prayer:

Hear, hear

*raises glass of Cava to ol' Pet*
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Petingo wrote:
subsub wrote:

Hear, hear

*raises glass of Cava to ol' Pet*

Cheers, lads.

:)

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Hi gang, lash here.

Been off the radar quiz wise for various reasons for quite a while now, but just recently my brain is starting to send me signals that it needs an outlet to unleash its vast reserves of useless trivia before my head erupts like a volcano, so I can officially announce that I'm toying with the idea of dipping my noggin back in the quizzing waters this coming August......this gives me a few days to get my clicking finger nice and supple and to gen up on obscure American sporting records......see you all in a few days :)
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'