Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
shabbado

Re: Talkforum Daily Quiz - Part 2

Post by shabbado »

Q. The property names in Monopoly are taken from the streets of what city

A. Not London

FFS!
A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:49 am Q. The property names in Monopoly are taken from the streets of what city

A. Not London

FFS!
:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

And if you try to dispute a question it wants you to sign up again (or sign up to something else?) so you go 'fuck that' and don't bother.
I really am a biatch

subsub

Post by subsub »

LaaLaa wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 am And if you try to dispute a question it wants you to sign up again (or sign up to something else?) so you go 'fuck that' and don't bother.
Yes, I've tried amending a couple of clearly wrong answers, but it never seems to let you do that.
I'm still amazed that they've kept that question in about sodomites (says something like "and we're not interested in your daughters, either!" or similar :shock: :lol: )
WOKE AND PROUD

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

subsub wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:04 pm
LaaLaa wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 am And if you try to dispute a question it wants you to sign up again (or sign up to something else?) so you go 'fuck that' and don't bother.
Yes, I've tried amending a couple of clearly wrong answers, but it never seems to let you do that.
I'm still amazed that they've kept that question in about sodomites (says something like "and we're not interested in your daughters, either!" or similar :shock: :lol: )
Yeah that question is worded really oddly. I don't know if it's a direct Bible quote or if it's written by someone who's bad at English.
I really am a biatch

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Q. What college did Gary Payton attend?

Oh fuck off (got it on a very lucky guess, none the less that sort of shite question still rankles)
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

shabbado wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:09 pm Q. What college did Gary Payton attend?

Oh fuck off (got it on a very lucky guess, none the less that sort of shite question still rankles)
You need to just guess quick and move on, Shabba. Ol' Pet, I think, had a theory, that it was always the first or second. As I can't remember, I often get it wrong. #-o
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm
shabbado wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:09 pm Q. What college did Gary Payton attend?

You need to just guess quick and move on, Shabba. Ol' Pet, I think, had a theory, that it was always the first or second. As I can't remember, I often get it wrong. #-o
As you can see from my times i don't do quick on the quiz
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

shabbado wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:20 pm
Carlos J wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm

As you can see from my times i don't do quick on the quiz
Aww, as said, the answers repeat and use a mouse. Any of mine over 40 seconds are on phone. Still the King of Geog, though yesterday was brutal.
:(
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

subsub

Post by subsub »

There are about 5-6 college questions like that.
John Stockton is one of them.

Nascar ones are another bugbear, trying to guess driver numbers etc
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:31 pm

There are about 5-6 college questions like that.
John Stockton is one of them.

Nascar ones are another bugbear, trying to guess driver numbers etc

It is almost four years since I attended a wedding in Charlotte, NC and found myself sat beside a cousin of the legendary (to TF quizzers anyway :) ) Dale Earnhardt Jnr.

Ol’ Pet was well chuffed :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Congratulations and well played, Sub.... :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:33 pm Congratulations and well played, Sub.... :drinkers:
Cheers, Pet :D

Bloody hell, you had me worried for a few days - you went on one of your famous runs where you were unstoppable.
Hard lines, pal :drinkers:
WOKE AND PROUD

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Petingo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:33 pm Congratulations and well played, Sub.... :drinkers:
Cheers, Pet :D

Bloody hell, you had me worried for a few days - you went on one of your famous runs where you were unstoppable.
Hard lines, pal :drinkers:

Cheers :)

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Really is just taking the piss

Q. Who defeated the Wildcats in their first trip to the Big 12 Championship Game in 1998.
A joyless arsehole.