Just Lost My Job.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
ikhlaq786

Just Lost My Job.

Post by ikhlaq786 »

I am absolutely gutted as I have just been let go by a company I joined literally 6 months ago. They have been in turmoil and not made a profit for the last 3 years let alone come close in the last five years. I was previously working for VW and left because I was fed up of the abuse I was taking and the lack of spine in the management.

So I joined BMW as the manager had already offered me a job if I ever needed one, little did I know that he would be pushed out and a new one would come in. He was a complete bully boy and only stayed for 3 months. So just last week a new guy comes in and after 5 days tells me that I am not what BMW want as I did not suit their image.

So having been constantly employed for so many years I have now lost my job before Christmas. I am so gutted and in turmoil at the moment, I still haven't told the Mrs.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Just Lost My Job.

Post by Basualdo »

Fucking hell, Ikky, its hard to know what to say. Utter fucktards who deserve a fucking kicking. In the long run youre well shot of filth like that.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Didn't suit the image, what a total cunt. Did you find out what the twat meant? That is not a valid reason for sacking surely. I'd get some advice on that one mate.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

It'll be OK mate, just think of this as a blip, you'll find something in the new year. Don't panic. Try and enjoy Christmas as a bit of time off instead of worrying and fretting. We all get caught up working for cunts at one point, its not your fault, very annoying shit just happens sometimes.

Try and chill for the holidays, as theres nothing you can do until new year, so try and enjoy it.
Build Back More Betterer

Reg

Post by Reg »

Utter cunts and the way things are going these days.

Hope you find something asap.
Roy IN!!

Salem

Post by Salem »

Bloody hell mate , that's rough , especially at this time of year :( .

Fingers crossed something turns up for you in the New year if not sooner
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Thank you all for the support so far I've applied for over 40 positions and just want to work.
Zambo wrote:Didn't suit the image, what a total cunt. Did you find out what the twat meant? That is not a valid reason for sacking surely. I'd get some advice on that one mate.
The problem is I am a Asian Version of Shrek, i.e not the best looking but a heart of gold. So where as BMW is a high end brand and I am more of a working class lad and not really a suited and booted type of guy.

The company has had a large turnover of staff in the six months of me being there and the workshop is really not efficient at all for the amount of work booked in. They even changed the bonus system which demoralised the staff.

I am so gutted.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

subsub

Post by subsub »

Very sorry to hear that, pal.
Just out of interest, what did your contract say? I presume they were cute and did it by the book, ie shafted you?
If not, get thee to a tribunal.

Companies have to be ultra-careful how they get rid of people, and employment law exists for a reason…
WOKE AND PROUD

Reg

Post by Reg »

When I started work in a highly unionised system, the pay was OK and management and unions ran a cosy arrangement.

When that stopped the unions just begged to be allowed back in, and shafted anyone (ie people like me) who fought back.

They were then royally fucked, and became an irrelevance, relying on European employment law for a few peanuts.

Now we have a situation where the young members of my family are doing two or three jobs and can’t afford a place to live.
Roy IN!!

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Companies can now get rid of you easily up to two years, when I started it was a full time permanent contract . But when the new manager came in he decided to put me on a probation period and it was a matter of like it or lump it. Then when the new guy came in he just goodbye.

Companies can just walk all over employees by just saying the don't think they are not carrying out their work to the standards required.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Sorry to hear, Ikhlaq.

Absolute bollocks and corporate bullshit excuse from them. Lots of good tips especially Easto's, do that and enjoy Christmas with family and friends and do whatever you like for the next few weeks.

'Not the right image' is such a cop out. My favourite airline is Air NZ because they don't seem to pick bland but handsome looking staff ; they seem to pick a mixture of people and go by personality rather by looks. Whilst an airhead might look good, you'll remember a friendly and fun member staff much more than a looker.

Heads up to 2018 and you'll look back at this one day as a blessing and the making of you.

Have a good Christmas, skipper!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

ikhlaq786 wrote:I am absolutely gutted as I have just been let go by a company I joined literally 6 months ago. They have been in turmoil and not made a profit for the last 3 years let alone come close in the last five years. I was previously working for VW and left because I was fed up of the abuse I was taking and the lack of spine in the management.

So I joined BMW as the manager had already offered me a job if I ever needed one, little did I know that he would be pushed out and a new one would come in. He was a complete bully boy and only stayed for 3 months. So just last week a new guy comes in and after 5 days tells me that I am not what BMW want as I did not suit their image.

So having been constantly employed for so many years I have now lost my job before Christmas. I am so gutted and in turmoil at the moment, I still haven't told the Mrs.

Shit happens. Get over it you snowflake.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Merry Christmas, notin!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

ikhlaq786 wrote:I am absolutely gutted as I have just been let go by a company I joined literally 6 months ago. They have been in turmoil and not made a profit for the last 3 years let alone come close in the last five years. I was previously working for VW and left because I was fed up of the abuse I was taking and the lack of spine in the management.

Fucking shit mate. Tell the Mrs. It might turn out to best the best fucking thing that ever happened.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:

Shit happens. Get over it you snowflake.

Just pissed my self laughing and I have told the wife and she is not to happy but will get over it.