Just Lost My Job.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kancutlawns

Re: Just Lost My Job.

Post by kancutlawns »

Ikhlaq, speak to ACAS, explain your case and get them to advise as to whether they have followed correct procedure in dismissing you. If you haven’t a case then it’s a dead end. If you have a case, ACAS will tell you you will have a case of unfair dismissal but it is very difficult to prove but at least they will tell you.

Looks like it’s better to try and put your efforts into getting another position. Good luck.

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

kancutlawns wrote:Right, at the risk of looking at utter lemon and contradicting in part what I wrote previously, there is some ahem supplementary info that adds light to the OP’s redundancy. I am reliably informed by Mrs L who knows about employment law that within the first two year period (on passing probation), the person is regarded as a worker but not an employee hence doesn’t have full employee rights. Whilst being employed, he/she can be dismissed as has happened to Ikhlaq. If the matter goes to Tribunal, the organisation can hedge their case in such a way that they can put the dismissal down to poor performance and the tribunal would come down on their side rather than on the side of the worker.

It’s a pretty shit state of affairs. Apologies, I guess this just reinforces what others have said here but my better half told me the legal standpoint.

Unfortunately the worker no longer has rights and large corporations now do what they want to the little man or woman. :(
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

kancutlawns wrote:Ikhlaq, speak to ACAS, explain your case and get them to advise as to whether they have followed correct procedure in dismissing you. If you haven’t a case then it’s a dead end. If you have a case, ACAS will tell you you will have a case of unfair dismissal but it is very difficult to prove but at least they will tell you.

Looks like it’s better to try and put your efforts into getting another position. Good luck.

I have decided to move on as I am nearly 51 and I am at a point in life where I do no need the hassle. I am not wealthy but have an amazing wife, have a roof over my head and food when I need it. So I will hopefully go look for a job where I can just chill back and relax.

I seriously Thank you all for your supports and comments. I have been a member of this forum through thick and thin, but always the good has come through.

THANK YOU.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Great to be positive, Ikhlaq.

All the best for the year, bigman.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

ikhlaq786 wrote:I am not wealthy but have an amazing wife

What would happen if your wife told you she was leaving you? How would you feel then?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

carcinogen wrote:

What would happen if your wife told you she was leaving you? How would you feel then?
Yes. Be an arsehole. That's nice.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote:

Can’t you just wish Ikhlaq well? There really is no need to soil a thread about a decent, likeable poster who’s lost his job under a cloud.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

ikhlaq786 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Ikhlaq, speak to ACAS, explain your case and get them to advise as to whether they have followed correct procedure in dismissing you. If you haven’t a case then it’s a dead end. If you have a case, ACAS will tell you you will have a case of unfair dismissal but it is very difficult to prove but at least they will tell you.

I have decided to move on as I am nearly 51 and I am at a point in life where I do no need the hassle. I am not wealthy but have an amazing wife, have a roof over my head and food when I need it. So I will hopefully go look for a job where I can just chill back and relax.

I seriously Thank you all for your supports and comments. I have been a member of this forum through thick and thin, but always the good has come through.

THANK YOU.

Good man. You’ve got a good woman there, that’s actually the most important thing, you’ll get a job with a company with decent people, it’s what you deserve.

paolo

Post by paolo »

ikhlaq786 wrote:

THANK YOU.

Well done old pal, it will all pale into insignificance once you get a straight edge

onwads and upwards, and cherish what you do have, and with that support driving you, you''ll be able to move on to the next chapter

sometimes in an organisation, a face doesn't fit, a new manager etc...mate going thru it now after 19 years, but not a reflection on the person on the losing end

head up, look forward and best of luck
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:

You absolute fucking twat.
WOKE AND PROUD

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

subsub wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

I'd be fucked! Not anyone that has stuck with me for 32 years isn't really going to leave. Especially when you're as good looking as me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

ikhlaq786 wrote:
subsub wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

I'd be fucked! Not anyone that has stuck with me for 32 years isn't really going to leave. Especially when you're as good looking as me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha! Thanks ikhlaq786. At least you knew my comment wasn't meant to be unkind. I genuinely asked because it's not healthy relying on another person to prop you up. One should feel secure in themselves and not need an emotional crutch. I meant nothing by it and hope you and your wife life and long and happy life! Who needs a fucking job anyway. For me, love is everything.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The End

Post by The End »

You utter fucking cunt. Sobering up?

You are horrible.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The End wrote:You utter fucking cunt. Sobering up?

You are horrible.

No, actually, I've just finished my fourth can of Stella. You shouldn't be so sensitive. This forum is turning into a 'safe space'. Do you need a 'safe space' The End? Can you not handle some honest debate? Aaawww boo hoo hoo.

apols. this is probably considered 'bullying' and I retract everything. I love 'safe spaces' me. And I hope you all have a job and and wife and the sun shines and lambs gambol in fields and world peace etc. etc. etc.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

kancutlawns wrote:
ikhlaq786 wrote:
sjbarca wrote:
m4rkb wrote:What a disgraceful attitude your 'boss' had and a disgraceful way to conjure up a cheap excuse to get rid of you. You're better off not working for him. I'd also look at the legality of what was done as it doesn't seem right to me.
Seems illegal to me!

My daughter works in HR and unfortunately a company can let you go within two years just by saying that your work ethic is not up to their standards.

Hey Ho. Here's to the New Year Happy New Year Everybody.

There’s a probation period usually of three or six months when an new employee needs to prove their standard of work and ability is up to the required standard for their position. Once they have passed probation, they can’t be dismissed just like that and are entitled to a full range of benefits including sick pay, bonuses, pension, private medical insurance, etc. I’m not clear of this two year stipulation, I thought once you’ve passed probation you simply can’t be dismissed just like that. I don’t work in HR myself.

No.
Probationary periods have no validity in law. The employer is safe in dismissing someone with less than two years service. Safe, that is, from a claim of unfair dismissal being confirmed by a tribunal.Except where it is essentially a racist or sexist act, where there is no qualifying period.
I feel that probationary periods are attractive to companies who lack confidence in their selection methods.
There is also wrongful dismissal, which is a civil action, where the aggrieved can make a claim irrespective of time served. In that case successful completion of a probationary period can be used as evidence. People do make these claims, but you are exposed, if you lose, to your own legal costs and possibly the employers.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you