Just Lost My Job.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
The End

Re: Just Lost My Job.

Post by The End »

Honest debate!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Eaststand wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
ikhlaq786 wrote:
sjbarca wrote:
m4rkb wrote:What a disgraceful attitude your 'boss' had and a disgraceful way to conjure up a cheap excuse to get rid of you. You're better off not working for him. I'd also look at the legality of what was done as it doesn't seem right to me.
Seems illegal to me!

My daughter works in HR and unfortunately a company can let you go within two years just by saying that your work ethic is not up to their standards.

Hey Ho. Here's to the New Year Happy New Year Everybody.

There’s a probation period usually of three or six months when an new employee needs to prove their standard of work and ability is up to the required standard for their position. Once they have passed probation, they can’t be dismissed just like that and are entitled to a full range of benefits including sick pay, bonuses, pension, private medical insurance, etc. I’m not clear of this two year stipulation, I thought once you’ve passed probation you simply can’t be dismissed just like that. I don’t work in HR myself.
It's now 2 years instead of one when an employer can be taken to a tribunal for unfair dismissal.

Which is actually a way of saying "you ain't got no rights"

Been two years for a while now, ever since 'mobile' workers were allegedly granted employment rights equivalent to permanently contracted, salaried staff.
Mobile workers covered the grouping of contractors, temps, agency staff, casual workers and they would achieve the rights after 2 years continuous service. For years companies like DHL, Capita and their like have grown massively due to their more aggressive staff turnover rates. I have seen Capita take staff through a TUPE arrangement and have them out of roles within 6 months with 'robust' application of suitability criteria.

And sad to hear the news Ikhlaq and best wishes for the search, you will come good.

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

It's now been six weeks and after just 3 interviews and over 120 applications I've still not had any luck with a job. There's work out there for absolute low pay but I would not be able to survive much longer, so I may have to just take anything to get me out of the house and keep my sanity.

I am seriously going nuts.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Hang in there mate, it's always at the most desperate times you end up with something cool, almost as if it fell out of the sky like a gift from God.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Also, I've alway found, if you take a shitty job, then the the call backs from the jobs you want start flooding in.

As an aside, I'm a qualified CV builder, and an employer, so I know what I want to see, so if you'd like a second opinion on yours and an edit, pm me yours and I'll have a look and see if I can change anything for the better.

An extra pair of eyes can never hurt.

Build Back More Betterer

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Eaststand wrote:Also, I've alway found, if you take a shitty job, then the the call backs from the jobs you want start flooding in.

As an aside, I'm a qualified CV builder, and an employer, so I know what I want to see, so if you'd like a second opinion on yours and an edit, pm me yours and I'll have a look and see if I can change anything for the better.

"As an aside, I'm a qualified CV builder"

LMAO hahha.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

carcinogen wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Also, I've alway found, if you take a shitty job, then the the call backs from the jobs you want start flooding in.

LMAO hahha.

Carc you are just not being of help on this one,others are trying to :cry:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Yeah, giving your personal details to a forum troll would be a great idea.
Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to blackmailed into taking it, for a virus so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

carcinogen wrote:

LMAO hahha.

I am, when I was a recruitment consultant many moons ago, we all got sent on courses for them type of fings.
Build Back More Betterer

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

What's a qualified CV builder?

Do you have a BSc in CV Building?
A joyless arsehole.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

It was an extremely tedious 3 day course where you learned about building CVs, surprisingly. The agency I worked for decided to offer CV building services, and you can't legally charge for that service unless you had that certificate.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:It was an extremely tedious 3 day course where you learned about building CVs, surprisingly. The agency I worked for decided to offer CV building services, and you can't legally charge for that service unless you had that certificate.

CV building's automated isn't it? Monster and loads of other online recruiters do it if you upload your CV. I don;t think any manual intervention's required now.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

This was 15 years ago, lawns, times were different then.

That said, all of those recruiters will have done a similar course. It was tedious, but I definitely learned some good skills.

Number one thing about cvs: fuck that self assessment paragraph everyone puts at the start off. They're all exactly the same, and literally not a single employer wants to, or does, read it.
Build Back More Betterer

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Always send your CV first class as the 2nd class ones are binned immediately. Apparently.

Although I'd admire someone's fiscal prudence if they had dozens to send and there was a job up for grabs in accounts.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah, never heard of that one. Tends to be solely email now, though.
Build Back More Betterer