Where you going for your summer hols?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Eaststand

Re: Where you going for your summer hols?

Post by Eaststand »

scraps, sir. theyre called scraps.
Build Back More Betterer

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Best Fish & Chips I've had was in Lyme Regis..Little cabin near the Cob.

Fuckin Lush.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

My local chippy is visited from miles around. I like it, apart from the general quality, because they take your fish order when you walk in and fry it to order. None of those nasty soggy fish that have been waiting around.
Away from there I visited a small cafe, which also was a take-out, at Glasson Dock, Lancaster. Fantastic fish and chips.

Maude

Post by Maude »

Carlos J wrote:Where's the best fish and chips in Yorkshire, Maude mate?

My local chippy in Harrogate is divine, there is a rather good one in Otley called Maypole too. Headingley too is blessed with a couple of excellent chippies.

I am going to Bridlington this weekend, so will be sure to sample their fish and chips, I shall report back.
#MAUDE4MOD

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Maude wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Where's the best fish and chips in Yorkshire, Maude mate?

My local chippy in Harrogate is divine, there is a rather good one in Otley called Maypole too. Headingley too is blessed with a couple of excellent chippies.

I am going to Bridlington this weekend, so will be sure to sample their fish and chips, I shall report back.
Harrogate is a fucking lovely place. It didn't seem the sort of town to have many chippies though. So I suppose the ones they do have would pretty much have to be top notch. Mind you it's 30 years since I was there.

My nearest chippy does what VV's does and fries fresh fish to order when you come in. Worth the wait. Not bad for a wee chippy in the middle of a shite estate.

Their chips are well...okay but the cod is lovely. It's the only fish I will eat. Chippy cod.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sid Pervcat wrote:Best Fish & Chips I've had was in Lyme Regis..Little cabin near the Cob.

Fuckin Lush.

Is that still there, Sid?
Will be staying just over the border in Devon in a couple of weeks…
WOKE AND PROUD

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

subsub wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:Best Fish & Chips I've had was in Lyme Regis..Little cabin near the Cob.

Fuckin Lush.

Is that still there, Sid?
Will be staying just over the border in Devon in a couple of weeks…

Aye.
Little Blue and white one, just next to the pub at the start of the Cob.

Was down there a few weeks ago, as it happens.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

I love Lyme Regis

We are off to the US in October. Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina to the Grand Banks/Kittyhawk, then slowly down the coast to Charleston and Savannah.

Our 25th wedding anniversary and my 70th birthday.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Into the recesses of my own mind.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Hillman avenger wrote:I love Lyme Regis

We are off to the US in October. Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina to the Grand Banks/Kittyhawk, then slowly down the coast to Charleston and Savannah.

What excellent extravagance for your birthday.
On my 70th, worried about the family doing something elaborate and embarrassing we decided to spend it away in North Wales.
Unfortunately it was the wettest December/January in living memory. The place was awash, literally for many places.
So the year after it was Barcelona, when I was ill and it rained.
No more birthday time holidays.
Have a great time in USA.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

On a serious note, my nephew is getting married next May in Melbourne. It will be my once-in-a-lifetime chance to visit God's Own Country, so any tips would be most welcome.
I've got a cousin who lives in the very Southern bit of Queensland, and I'll be popping up to see him.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

VeritasVincit wrote:

On my 70th, worried about the family doing something elaborate and embarrassing we decided to spend it away in North Wales.
Unfortunately it was the wettest December/January in living memory. The place was awash, literally for many places.

Thank you for your good wishes.
Worth mentioning that something like 12 of the nights we are in the US, we are in home exchanges. It is a great way to see somewhere, living in someone else's house. They usually leave the place ready for you, except for fresh stuff. The savings are large, particularly if you eat in sometimes. What we are saving we have put towards coming back in Business from the US- it's the east bound flight that really knackers you.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I stayed with a friend in Colorado, up in the Rockies. While not at the house we toured around in a mini-winnebago.
We met lots of Americans, and without exception, they were friendly, interesting to talk to and willing to help out with any small problems that cropped up. Getting together with locals beats any organised tour hands-down. I would presume that staying in someone's house you will get to meet many of the neighbours.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Hillman avenger wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:

Thank you for your good wishes.
Worth mentioning that something like 12 of the nights we are in the US, we are in home exchanges. It is a great way to see somewhere, living in someone else's house. They usually leave the place ready for you, except for fresh stuff. The savings are large, particularly if you eat in sometimes. What we are saving we have put towards coming back in Business from the US- it's the east bound flight that really knackers you.

Have a great time. Holden, and a happy birthday and wedding anniversary to you. Please do post reports. Bad luck to you, VV. :(
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JimmyDee wrote:On a serious note, my nephew is getting married next May in Melbourne. It will be my once-in-a-lifetime chance to visit God's Own Country, so any tips would be most welcome.
I've got a cousin who lives in the very Southern bit of Queensland, and I'll be popping up to see him.

Search 'Melbourne', Jimmy, Thursty of this parish lives/d there. My sister went there and wasn't keen, but she has no taste, preferred Sydney.

MCG tour and Neighbours tour at least. :)

Still on the not err bucket list, but do want to do an Australian Ashes series. Maybe 2021/21 Or any cricket series there, India will probably be better. RV. MCG for Boxing Day test and drive up to Sydney for New Year test. Soon Bewtiful, Mike.

Good luck, Jimmy. Get a motor or RV and tour around.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?