Where you going for your summer hols?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
subsub

Re: Where you going for your summer hols?

Post by subsub »

delboy1983 wrote:
subsub wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
subsub wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Well just back at the weekend from Menorca,great family holiday,never under 30C,Grandkids had a ball and we all watched England go out the world cup.English supporter with painted st george crosses on his boat race asked me who I was supporting between England and Croatia.
Told him my great uncle twice removed had Croatian links and that swung it.
Only thing that threatened to spoil the holiday was a big fuck off Tsunami about half a mile away.

Whereabouts in Menorca did you go, Del?
We're off there in September (south-east corner) :)

Stayed in Cala Blanes at Globales Binimar all inclusive but spent a fair amount of time in Jimmy Hills complex just around the corner

That's in Ciutadella, on the west coast, right?

Ciutadella was a 20 min bus trip and we went for a day to go on a boat trip and another day to look about.Old town with many new design outlets very picturesque and pricey..
Where are you staying.

Binibequer Vell.
Never been to Menorca before but should be nice and chilled, with plenty of nice seafood and lots of booze :drinkers:
WOKE AND PROUD

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Thinking of a long weekend break this autumn sometime, but haven't decided where. The obvious places are Edinburgh, York, Dublin and London. The downsides are:

Edinburgh - Weather that time of year, though not really a deal-breaker as it will likely be shitty that time of year wherever I go.

York - Only downside is probably distance from nearest airport that flies to Belfast. I don't want to spend the bulk the cost of the trip on a crappy dear as fuck train ride.

Dublin - Really easy and cheap to get to for me but ball-hair pullingly expensive for everything else.

And London - Well its London. Though I dearly do want to visit the British Museum again.

The only other thing I might do instead is visit my old stomping grounds in South Wales just to see how much has changed in 25 or so years.

Anyone any other ideas for a short break?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

subsub wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
subsub wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
subsub wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Well just back at the weekend from Menorca,great family holiday,never under 30C,Grandkids had a ball and we all watched England go out the world cup.English supporter with painted st george crosses on his boat race asked me who I was supporting between England and Croatia.
Only thing that threatened to spoil the holiday was a big fuck off Tsunami about half a mile away.

Stayed in Cala Blanes at Globales Binimar all inclusive but spent a fair amount of time in Jimmy Hills complex just around the corner

Ciutadella was a 20 min bus trip and we went for a day to go on a boat trip and another day to look about.Old town with many new design outlets very picturesque and pricey..
Where are you staying.

Binibequer Vell.
Never been to Menorca before but should be nice and chilled, with plenty of nice seafood and lots of booze :drinkers:

Enjoy SubSub,it's a lovely island that doesn't have the hustle and bustle of Majorca :drinkers:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

neither does majorca. Magaluf isnt majorca. Theres some absolutely stunning parts of it.
Build Back More Betterer

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Basualdo wrote:Thinking of a long weekend break this autumn sometime, but haven't decided where. The obvious places are Edinburgh, York, Dublin and London. The downsides are:

Edinburgh - Weather that time of year, though not really a deal-breaker as it will likely be shitty that time of year wherever I go.

York - Only downside is probably distance from nearest airport that flies to Belfast. I don't want to spend the bulk the cost of the trip on a crappy dear as fuck train ride.

Dublin - Really easy and cheap to get to for me but ball-hair pullingly expensive for everything else.

And London - Well its London. Though I dearly do want to visit the British Museum again.

The only other thing I might do instead is visit my old stomping grounds in South Wales just to see how much has changed in 25 or so years.

Lake District is my recommendation. You could probaby get a car ferry to Whitehaven or close. You are then in the Western Lakes, which I reckon is the best part of the LD.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zambo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Thinking of a long weekend break this autumn sometime, but haven't decided where. The obvious places are Edinburgh, York, Dublin and London. The downsides are:

Lake District is my recommendation. You could probaby get a car ferry to Whitehaven or close. You are then in the Western Lakes, which I reckon is the best part of the LD.

I'd like to see the Lake District again, but in summer. With my knee, I'm not much in for much hill walking and whatever little of that I'd do I'd like to be able to see the stunning scenery. I can walk up a hill in the fog and rain at the back of my house. Loved the place the last time I visited though.
Proud Gammon

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:neither does majorca. Magaluf isnt majorca. Theres some absolutely stunning parts of it.

Mallorca is such a contrasting place.
Last time we went, plane was a mixture of posh retired types, lads in football shirts, and families.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

delboy1983 wrote:
subsub wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
subsub wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
subsub wrote:

Where are you staying.

Binibequer Vell.

Enjoy SubSub,it's a lovely island that doesn't have the hustle and bustle of Majorca :drinkers:

Cheers, Del :smt023
WOKE AND PROUD

finchman

Post by finchman »

Wigan?....Only eighteen miles to the beach as the crow flies.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Fincho - Wigans premier tourism tout.
Build Back More Betterer

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Basualdo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

I'd like to see the Lake District again, but in summer. With my knee, I'm not much in for much hill walking and whatever little of that I'd do I'd like to be able to see the stunning scenery. I can walk up a hill in the fog and rain at the back of my house. Loved the place the last time I visited though.

Come to Brizzle.

FFM With me and Ghost :D

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

If I go to Wales I might. :)
Proud Gammon

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Basualdo wrote:If I go to Wales I might. :)

:D

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sounds like a plan!

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kancutlawns wrote:Sounds like a plan!

NBA