Currently Reading

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Currently Reading

Post by Carlos J »

Vespa wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Ta. Sounds as if it might be ok.

Most political types like to make out they were the underdog. Major literally born with fuck all, had a job making garden furniture, reports it as something he just did until he landed a gig at a bank and spent a decade doing all the exams.

If that been Ed Balls, his time working in a shed making garden gnomes and time unemployed with have been paraded as his working-class roots. A bit like the Mayor of London can't resist telling you his dad was a bus driver.

What about the circus time? Or was that just a story?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:

Most political types like to make out they were the underdog. Major literally born with fuck all, had a job making garden furniture, reports it as something he just did until he landed a gig at a bank and spent a decade doing all the exams.

If that been Ed Balls, his time working in a shed making garden gnomes and time unemployed with have been paraded as his working-class roots. A bit like the Mayor of London can't resist telling you his dad was a bus driver.

His dad worked in a circus but was ill a lot of the time. His mum had mental and physical health issues.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Vespa wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:

His dad worked in a circus but was ill a lot of the time. His mum had mental and physical health issues.

It will go on the charity shop list then, cheers. And then be about 120th on the list of books I've got to read.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:

It will go on the charity shop list then, cheers. And then be about 120th on the list of books I've got to read.

I would suggest the talking book .... but its John Major.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Vespa wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:

I would suggest the talking book .... but its John Major.

:lol:

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

'M' by Peter Robb (1998)
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Old Brigit Novik was pregnant not Indian. Cultural appropriation said nobody then.

Was that Sir Jimmy at the start?

Apologies for musical interlude.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

This book is fucking weird, I don't like surreal things they make me feel queasy and trying to read this book is making me feel this way, but damn it, I need to find out what the fuck is going on.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Reg

Post by Reg »

Vespa wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:

I know someone (not a Tory) who knew him, and said he is a very modest, polite and straightforward man.
Roy IN!!

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Reg wrote:
Vespa wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Vespa wrote:

I know someone (not a Tory) who knew him, and said he is a very modest, polite and straightforward man.

I met him once, he was very nice and personable and surprisingly a lot taller and broader than I imagined he would be.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I'm reading this.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Half way through this just now and it's going on my top 5 books of 2020 already.

You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Roddy wrote:Half way through this just now and it's going on my top 5 books of 2020 already.

I prefer the parapsychology based work of his nephew Egon.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Basualdo wrote:
Roddy wrote:Half way through this just now and it's going on my top 5 books of 2020 already.

I prefer the parapsychology based work of his nephew Egon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

These cunts is where you get your duel nature not religion
Get rid of saying to yourself "i have sinned" when you think of something from years ago or just only something from yesterday because automatically you feel bad.
Just say to yourself "i made an error" and you don't have bad vibes about whatever it is.

"Fact is our starting point" says Aristotle while Plato was a dreamer mystic type.
Everybody is either a Platonist or an Aristotelian.

Raphael was a Aristotle for doing up the pope's new liberty with this beauty. :)

While at the same time Michelangelo was just starting this belter

after 2500 + years we see their influence today when we think of the Mods of the Forum.
Zambo is a fact man while Carlos is a ponder. 8)