Death in threes?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Death in threes?

Post by Basualdo »

It's an old cliche but on the space of two days last week two unconnected neighbours died and also a fella I grew up with.

The two neighbours, both from round the corner - their back gardens are almost adjacent to mine - were quite elderly, one in his 70s had a massive heart attack.

The other one in his 80s, lives a bit nearer, his wife of over 60 years passed away four months ago and he just sort of gave up. Both died last Friday.

I was waiting for the third semi seriously and sure enough I heard earlier in the week that a fella I went to primary and secondary school with, worked in the same solar heating panel factory for a few years too, and still saw about for a chat occasionally, was pissed on Saturday night and fell down the stairs and broke his neck.

It's a bit of a relief now that the curse is fulfilled.

I know it's all bollocks and is just a quirk of statistical analysis but still...,
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

AlcoholBrazil

Re: Death in threes?

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

What happened to the Spice-chasing young Bas of 2011 ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I never got the chance to kiss Kirsten Dunst upside down in the rain though. Goddamnit!!! :(
Proud Gammon

Reg

Post by Reg »

In addition to the unrelated nature of your elderly neighbours' deaths (which you acknowledged yourself) I have to say that your interpretation also shares the slightly contrived vibe of the infamous 'Curse of Dad's Army". :)
Roy IN!!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I know, but still.
Proud Gammon

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Archaic man knew about this as a fact .. well I read that like. Anyway it's how stuff works .. think about any time something really weird or plain awful happened to yourself like and I bet you 50p there was three of them. I mean we've all seen this fella .. I hope he decided to go back indoors and wait it out til the next day cos his ancestors defo would have called everything off .. interesting :

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Basualdo wrote:It's an old cliche but on the space of two days last week two unconnected neighbours died and also a fella I grew up with.

The two neighbours, both from round the corner - their back gardens are almost adjacent to mine - were quite elderly, one in his 70s had a massive heart attack.

The other one in his 80s, lives a bit nearer, his wife of over 60 years passed away four months ago and he just sort of gave up. Both died last Friday.

I was waiting for the third semi seriously and sure enough I heard earlier in the week that a fella I went to primary and secondary school with, worked in the same solar heating panel factory for a few years too, and still saw about for a chat occasionally, was pissed on Saturday night and fell down the stairs and broke his neck.

I know it's all bollocks and is just a quirk of statistical analysis but still...,

'Giving up' is a well known, but poorly-recorded cause of death.

Some people. mainly the old, just stop living.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:
Basualdo wrote:It's an old cliche but on the space of two days last week two unconnected neighbours died and also a fella I grew up with.

'Giving up' is a well known, but poorly-recorded cause of death.

Some people. mainly the old, just stop living.
He was always in decent shape for his age. An old soldier who keep himself fit. But in the last couple of months he seemed to have aged 10 years.
It was obviously only a matter of months. I suppose medical types could explain itbwith stuff about a neglected immune system or stuff like that, but if you decide there's no point at that age then, God willing, I hope it's short and peaceful.
Proud Gammon

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Old people will themselves to death, when they get lonely.

The best, most recent example of dying of a broken-heart is Paula Yates.

Not a fan, but as soon as Michael Hutchene died, it was a matter of time for her.

DasBoot

Post by DasBoot »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Old people will themselves to death, when they get lonely.

Very true mate.
Subsub- Runner up TOTY 2019.

Subsub- Winner TOTY 2020.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Paula Yates was my age, 41, when she died.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Kowalski wrote:Paula Yates was my age, 41, when she died.

You old bastard.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

I feel it pal, I can tell you. :(

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Four close together is unlikely, and two you wouldn't really take much notice of, so three it is.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It’s the magic number. Not for those who copped one of course.