Dealing With Anger Issues

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
LordLaret

Dealing With Anger Issues

Post by LordLaret »

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for a new topic, I have a new discussion I wish to bring to the floor. How to deal with anger, especially in the workplace.The story behind this is I have been working for the same company for 5 years and been wanting to go out on a route with a driver to see what that is like and what a driver has to deal with and been asking consistently. I came into work 3 days ago to find out someone has been able to go out on the road to learn about the job and such before me despite them only being here less then a month and this has made me incredibly angry at the lack of commitment by the company and the fact my questions have been largely ignored. How do you folks deal with anger from such an issue? Any tips? I am usually very calm and reasonable and patient but when you get shoved to one side and put in a corner when someone new bypasses you has annoyed me completely. :twisted:
Last edited by LordLaret on Thu May 31, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Eaststand

Re: Dealign With Anger Issues

Post by Eaststand »

I'd go in and say exactly that. So long as you stay calm, it won't do any harm, in fact it'll make you look good if you're pissed off your repeated requests have been ignored when the new person is doing what you have requested. Complaints like this move you along in companies. If you do it right, it shows you care.

Its not the new person's fault though, don't go in with that kind of attitude, that won't help you at all.

No point in getting angry, figure out a way of solving your problem.
Build Back More Betterer

LordLaret

Re: Dealign With Anger Issues

Post by LordLaret »

Eaststand wrote:I'd go in and say exactly that. So long as you stay calm, it won't do any harm, in fact it'll make you look good if you're pissed off your repeated requests have been ignored when the new person is doing what you have requested. Complaints like this move you along in companies. If you do it right, it shows you care.

Its not the new person's fault though, don't go in with that kind of attitude, that won't help you at all.

No point in getting angry, figure out a way of solving your problem.

Admittedly I was just so angry cause I've been wanting this myself for ages and just feel that it's cause they got connections upstairs and such. I know I shouldn't get angry, I usually don't surprisingly but a sense of disappointment and being screwed over before by them.

Eaststand

Re: Dealing With Anger Issues

Post by Eaststand »

Tell them this. Have you ever expressed these kind of feelings to the management? If you haven't, they don't know about it. Make them know. Caring about your job is something employers want to see.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Lord Laret, do you want me to move this thread to the 'Mr Angry's Angry Place' subforum?
https://talkforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=42
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Basualdo wrote:Lord Laret, do you want me to move this thread to the 'Mr Angry's Angry Place' subforum?
https://talkforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=42

Oh if it is causing an issue, please do so! I apologise, I thought this was just normal chatter! My bad.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Nah, it's okay here I just wondered if you meant to put it here.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.