Cycling

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kancutlawns

Re: Cycling

Post by kancutlawns »

But it is more “mainstream” as well though. Runners everywhere in my area, don’t get that problem with cyclists.

Don’t really have a problem with any form of a exercise, it’s a matter of personal preference.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Geraint Thomas looks like he is going to re-sign for Sky. He was offered a contract from a new Polish team (CCC). I kinda hoped he'd take the offer. Sky bores the tits of me. It would have shaked the peloton up.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Sorry I haven't replied to all the advice you boys have given, it is much appreciated and I have loads of questions but I've had an insanely busy week, also the bike has not been delivered yet with the shop saying Trek are having shipping problems, they reckon it should be here Tuesday/Wednesday now...... :(
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Waiting, waiting, Lash. :)

Here's a good though common sense video from GCN. It's not just for as antdad said, mamil's full of gear, but works for all cyclists:

I think this comment is best for you, Lash, especially if wearing your Seahawks championship ring when cycling: :wink:
Dannysubliminal
2 years ago
Always carry two condoms as well! You never know when you're gonna tap some sweet puss! unless she's on the pill then you're quids in!! safety first though kids!
Like you, when you get it, I've got a hybrid, a Cannondale. Didn't want or need a full on road bike as lots of semi-offroad cycling/walking trails here and works fine for them, but quick enough for road rides. Still got an an old Giant mountain bike that I sometimes bring out for fun and proper offroading, though a lack of mountains around Partridgeland:

Befriending your bike shop and getting services is always a good idea. Indies always good, but big boys are as well. Evans used to offer a free 6 weeks service after buying to do any changes after the bike has been ridden in. Ask you shop about that if they haven't offered it. Just fine tuning things, gears, brakes etc.

Good riding old friend. :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Not sure it’s been covered here Lash?
, but always wear a helmet

You look and feel like a twat, but got to protect the bonce, roads now are shit, most drivers are shit

If you go down, go left

Reg

Post by Reg »

henrycrs wrote: If you go down, go left

As Sinbad always says. :)
Roy IN!!

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Cycling is great.
I go about 2 or 3 cycling holidays a year.
Clears your head.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Bike came Wednesday, did me first proper ride today on cycle pathes, 11.4 miles according to Strava......my arse feels like I've spent the month in Brighton.....full trip report tomorrow......I love cycling :D

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Well batted lash

Once you start it’s quite addictive

subsub

Post by subsub »

lasharoo wrote:my arse feels like I've spent the month in Brighton......I love cycling

:shock:

Perhaps you've found your vocation, Lash?
WOKE AND PROUD

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:my arse feels like I've spent the month in Brighton......I love cycling

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just off out for another ride, will try to crack 15 miles today if my body will let me, I will report back later 8)

subsub

Post by subsub »

lasharoo wrote:
subsub wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just off out for another ride, will try to crack 15 miles today if my body will let me, I will report back later 8)

Good lad. Just make sure you take plenty of water and an energy bar etc when you start to increase your distances – your body will thank you for it.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

lasharoo wrote:my arse feels like it did when I spent a week in Brighton

Two weeks next time then Lash. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I cycle to the office about three times a week, around an hour and a bit each way. I'm toying with buying a new winter bike.

I've got a few now, the question is can I slip another one in without the wife noticing.