Park runs

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Park runs

Post by theleader82 »

Got a new pb at my local park run. 22.02 for 5k. They had pacemakers today so that really helped. My target this year is to get under 22 so not too far off. I only started interval training a couple of months ago but I feel a lot fitter now. I’m about 89kg , I’d i can get down to 85kg that’s my tArget. I’m thinking of doing a 10k next weekend at Blenheim palace, never been there before . Any other runners about?
Man U and rangers

the puddin

Re: Park runs

Post by the puddin »

Used to. Started off running to work which was about 3k and then built up to 10k. Never ran a 5k as fast as you. Eventually did a marathon and after that I've lost the mojo. Need to get started again. Good luck with yours!
"It's what we do...."

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Thanks . I’d like to do a marathon one day but I was told for London you have to raise £1000 for charity. I feel uncomfortable asking people for money. I wouldn’t mind doing one up in Scotland or snowdonia which are less popular .
Man U and rangers

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote:I’d like to do a marathon one day but I was told for London you have to raise £1000 for charity. I feel uncomfortable asking people for money. I wouldn’t mind doing one up in Scotland or snowdonia which are less popular .

At least.
I ran it in 2006 and had to raise £1,500 - suspect it's more than that now…
WOKE AND PROUD

the puddin

Post by the puddin »

I did the Edinburgh marathon. That was brilliant. Really good atmosphere and the course is great too. Signed up on a drunken Sunday afternoon thinking I wouldn't be accepted, and had an instant confirmation!
"It's what we do...."

subsub

Post by subsub »

the puddin wrote:I did the Edinburgh marathon. That was brilliant. Really good atmosphere and the course is great too. Signed up on a drunken Sunday afternoon thinking I wouldn't be accepted, and had an instant confirmation!

Heh!
I remember putting the phone down after agreeing to raise the amount for the charity, thinking "Fuck! I'm in!" :shock: :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I'd like to give it t ago once. Some people seem to get a place every year. It's meant to be difficult to get a place though.
Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Good stuff, leader. Old Steve Hunt was the man to ask, he's done matahons. Used to run a bit, done 1/2s but after having a pin in my anke a fews years back, gave it up and went more cycling.

Though a couple of years a go did the Norwich 10k, a few people from work were doing it. Trained for a few months and was fine, was tempted to do a park run in training but didn't bother. Didn't do any road stuff either, just stuck on the treadmill building up distance, did 10k a few times and that was enough. Actually slower on the actual run as stuck with some girls and kept their pace though wasn't interested in times. Best tip in any run is start slow and finish fast, gassing after 10 miles or the wall around 20 miles in a marathon is not good.

For 1/2s never did more than 8-9 miles training and was always fine. One of the girls has got the running bug, done a 1/ after and got into London this year, but got injured in training and deferred to next year, I'll ask her about if she had to raise a mimimum amount. I know the guaranteed places for charidees you have to, not sure if an individual.

Do the 10k, if you can do 5k at your pace, will be easy, but go slower, and yeah, look at a less popular marathon. I've retired again from running, sorted of wanted to do a marathon but not fussed, but would want to do one first before doing London as more an event race and tooo amny people and you'll be held up or tempted to go to quickly.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Wibbz I'm sure the shopping bags and packs of sheaths slowed you down
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

Too much furtive frottage and deep-seated depravity in the “running” game.

Essentially a skimpily clad mobile playground for pervs.
Roy IN!!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Grubby little fellows
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Grubby little fellows

The absolute worst.

The last thing we need is Wibbz entering into this sleazy demi-monde.
Roy IN!!

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

the puddin wrote:Used to. Started off running to work which was about 3k and then built up to 10k. Never ran a 5k as fast as you. Eventually did a marathon and after that I've lost the mojo. Need to get started again. Good luck with yours!

Ran it twice Pud, yes great day out, knees are fucked now no more running for me,did try a treadmill at a gym recently done about 4k, came of fucking knees killing me, getting old overrated and not cool

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

All the people
So many people
And hey all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their park runs
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Went to an outdoor fitness training class today for the first time in months. Love the strength training and circuits element of the training but the running is boring me. I don’t have much motivation to run. Is it really only me that finds running repetitive, demotivating and a burden? It doesn’t do anything for me.

How do I motivate myself to run? Seems that a load of posters here are seasoned runners and fair play but is there anyone that has developed a passion for almost hating the activity?