Aesthic beauty

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kevin04

Aesthic beauty

Post by kevin04 »

Bumped in to a guy I know and was strangely drawn to his forehead when talking to him, it didn't move even when he laughed or expressed himself, so I'm guessing something like botox.

Would you consider plastic surgery or have you had some work done? Do you or would you even dye your hair?

I don't think I would, TBH. I've got quite dark hair it's not black but it's almost that colour - dark, dark brown, and noticed a few greys at the side ; but I am not that fussed at all if I end up grey, although I hope I don't end up with the Alasdair Darling - dark brows ; grey hair on top - look.

I have used concealer though to hide a few plooks and bags under my eyes for a special doo like a wedding or something, but don't think I'd do anything else.

Each to their own though, and who knows if I start looking 80 in 5 years maybe I'll reassess it. Look at the nick of Simon Cowell, Micky Rourke, Vorderman etc ; you end up looking more like a sex doll than a real person and I'm guessing its very easy to get addicted to it. Get the forehead done then notice your eyes are a bit creasy, get them done, then you get your cheeks etc and so on? Same with female eyebrows, what is that all about? They look utterly riddiclous, maybe not so bad on folk that actually have them but people who have painted eyebrows, crikey.

And crikey this is too long a post for something I don't supposedly care about it. :oops:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

beingsoblase

Re: Aesthic beauty

Post by beingsoblase »

It seems to me that all women who have a lot of work done end up looking the same, like a melted cat or Pete Burns
Check these out-

Melted cat - Lizzy cundy
Pete Burns- that Versace woman.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kevin04 wrote:Bumped in to a guy I know and was strangely drawn to his forehead when talking to him, it didn't move even when he laughed or expressed himself, so I'm guessing something like botox.

Would you consider plastic surgery or have you had some work done? Do you or would you even dye your hair?

I don't think I would, TBH. I've got quite dark hair it's not black but it's almost that colour - dark, dark brown, and noticed a few greys at the side ; but I am not that fussed at all if I end up grey, although I hope I don't end up with the Alasdair Darling - dark brows ; grey hair on top - look.

I have used concealer though to hide a few plooks and bags under my eyes for a special doo like a wedding or something, but don't think I'd do anything else.

Each to their own though, and who knows if I start looking 80 in 5 years maybe I'll reassess it. Look at the nick of Simon Cowell, Micky Rourke, Vorderman etc ; you end up looking more like a sex doll than a real person and I'm guessing its very easy to get addicted to it. Get the forehead done then notice your eyes are a bit creasy, get them done, then you get your cheeks etc and so on? Same with female eyebrows, what is that all about? They look utterly riddiclous, maybe not so bad on folk that actually have them but people who have painted eyebrows, crikey.

And crikey this is too long a post for something I don't supposedly care about it. :oops:

Had a Rhinoplasty but that was due to a severely fucked and very broken nose!! Painful wasn't the word!! It was fucking excruciating afterwards. Plus they did me sinuses.. Which was only cosmetic in the sense it stopped me talking like I was permanently gargling phlegm :lol:

As for owt else, nah, fuck that. Happy as I am tbh.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Bumped in to a guy I know and was strangely drawn to his forehead when talking to him, it didn't move even when he laughed or expressed himself, so I'm guessing something like botox.

Had a Rhinoplasty but that was due to a severely fucked and very broken nose!! Painful wasn't the word!! It was fucking excruciating afterwards. Plus they did me sinuses.. Which was only cosmetic in the sense it stopped me talking like I was permanently gargling phlegm :lol:

Or Scouse accent as it's more commonly known.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Fuucccccckkk off laaaaa

subsub

Post by subsub »

No, I wouldn't.
What always amazes me is that given how expensive plastic surgery is, the results are usually really shit and obvious.

Ageing is what happens to all of us. I understand why people of a certain age do it, but never looks good.
WOKE AND PROUD

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

I'm a big fan of proper grooming and looking ones best but I wouldn't really want to go to extremes of surgery and end up looking like Lizzy Cundy with a set of tezzers!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Sid Pervcat wrote:

Excellent, Sid.

I went to see the doc a year or so back about sinus issues and he said I had a deviated septum and said that if the sinus issues started bothering me I should get a Rhinoplasty and I may well. I use a sea-salt skooshie thing every day or so and it tends to clear out the sinus issues, but even from your small description it sounds wonderful.

The pain is putting me off though. I was seriously consdiering it getting done in the summer and looking in to it, but a few stories of pain after it put me off.

Was it worth it in the end?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Cosmetically, Definitely. And I don't get post nasal drip anymore.. Sinus pain only really happens when I get a cold so on the whole yes It was worth it, and necessary.
I won't lie, the pain is vile for the first few days post op, but you soon forget, I guess.

Reg

Post by Reg »

My only advice would be...

Nobody else cares what you look like.

Once you realise this, you can stop worrying.

PS: This doesn’t apply to personal hygiene, wearing clean clothes and generally not being a pig. Just the vanity stuff.
Roy IN!!

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Getting old is difficult for women, some age very quickly. Meanwhile, many men get better with age - George Clooney, Jordan B Peterson, Gary Barlow, Cary Grant and James Stewart - although there are some good looking older women in the public eye including Susanna Hoffs (age 59!), Julia Roberts, Shania Twain and Sandra Bullock. Maybe they've had a few nips and tucks, but the results do not look severe.

I'm in my early thirties and still get get asked for I.D. occasionally, and wear very little or no makeup. Best advice: avoid fags, excess booze and keep out of the sun. Does moisturising really help? "Age defying cream"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Preparation H, Lucy. Pile cream is the only thing that has any effect even though it's very temporary.
Proud Gammon

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Basualdo wrote:Preparation H, Lucy. Pile cream is the only thing that has any effect even though it's very temporary.

Lol. Thank you, Basualdo.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I remember reading that these ultra dear skin creams with their fancy fake ingredients are just farmers ointment with a load of colourists and fragrances thrown in stuck in a fancy tub and flogged for fifty or even a hundred quid more.
Proud Gammon

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Basualdo wrote:I remember reading that these ultra dear skin creams with their fancy fake ingredients are just farmers ointment with a load of colourists and fragrances thrown in stuck in a fancy tub and flogged for fifty or even a hundred quid more.

Blackbird I'll 'ave 'e! Clinique is quite good, though - and Simple. No fragrances in those.

Kylie uses Pond's:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebr ... ement.html
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break