Talkforum threads you never bother with.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Talkforum threads you never bother with.

Post by Basualdo »

Obviously I have to dip my toe in nearly all threads from time to time, but as an ordinary member what threads do you never bother clicking on?

Putting my Hoi Polloi hat on, if I had a choice the biggest ones to ignore would the:

Gaunt thread: Just let the cunt wither unloved and ignored on the (obviously very sturdy) vine. The Gaunt threads quadruple the attention he gets from the rest of the universe.

JWOTS: I have never listened to a minute of his show. I just have no interest in it or him. I don't dislike the man or have any opinion of his work other than it just doesn't interest me. He might be the greatest broadcaster since Dimbleby senior, Cronkite or Ed Murrow. Or he might be a dribbling sub-Quinn shyster almost Goldstein standard, I wouldn't know.

Gaming thread: Never played one that wasn't in a bar in the 1980s where you had to zap little aliens who advanced down slowly in rows. Ever. It seems a waste of thumbs.
Gaming is as alien (ha!) to me as kabuki, Irish dancing, pickling herrings or getting arrow poison from tree frogs. To me Fortnite is 'two weeks' spelled by a moron.

Tennis threads: See 'gaming' above.

Chess thread: No Asian lezzers anymore so not interested.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

carcinogen

Re: Talkforum threads you never bother with.

Post by carcinogen »

Threads that 'The End' starts.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Ks
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

The Trump & Brexit threads in D&D

DIgital cancer
A joyless arsehole.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Ks

Agree, whoever started those deserves shooting.
Proud Gammon

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

shabbado wrote:The Trump & Brexit threads in D&D

DIgital cancer

+1

Good name for a forum that
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:Obviously I have to dip my toe in nearly all threads from time to time, but as an ordinary member what threads do you never bother clicking on?

Putting my Hoi Polloi hat on, if I had a choice the biggest ones to ignore would the:

Gaunt thread: Just let the cunt wither unloved and ignored on the (obviously very sturdy) vine. The Gaunt threads quadruple the attention he gets from the rest of the universe.

JWOTS: I have never listened to a minute of his show. I just have no interest in it or him. I don't dislike the man or have any opinion of his work other than it just doesn't interest me. He might be the greatest broadcaster since Dimbleby senior, Cronkite or Ed Murrow. Or he might be a dribbling sub-Quinn shyster almost Goldstein standard, I wouldn't know.

Gaming thread: Never played one that wasn't in a bar in the 1980s where you had to zap little aliens who advanced down slowly in rows. Ever. It seems a waste of thumbs.
Gaming is as alien (ha!) to me as kabuki, Irish dancing, pickling herrings or getting arrow poison from tree frogs. To me Fortnite is 'two weeks' spelled by a moron.

So you DO bother with rugby threads, then.

I must admit I’m disappointed. I expect more of you, fool that I am.
Roy IN!!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Obviously I have to dip my toe in nearly all threads from time to time, but as an ordinary member what threads do you never bother clicking on?

So you DO bother with rugby threads, then.

I must admit I’m disappointed. I expect more of you, fool that I am.
Not through choice,Reg, believe me, not through choice.

I do it so that you don't have to.
Proud Gammon

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Friday Night Nice. What is all that about ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

As far as going into threads to read for interest

None of the Talksport Stations threads
TF Daily Quiz
Chess Club
Darts
NFL
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Quite a few actually.

I pop in and out of the Gaunt thread now and again just to remind me how fanatical it is. Gaunt is the most absolute of chancers but I give him credit for at least having a go despite being a complete failure at everything while not knowing why.

The thread about Drive as it is basically the same as the Gaunt thread despite Durham being one of the best , if not the best wind up merchants for footie fans and head and shoulders above some more professional pundits in terms of knowledge about the game.

JWOTS as it's actually a decent show.

Say Something Uninteresting as I refuse to say anything that isn't.

It's mainly certain posters on the threads I like to joust with that draws me to them.

Anything about American football, cricket or tennis unless Tennisman does it. Tennisman is the Jack Bannister/ Bob Budka of posters who can make a boring sport interesting.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

The Gaunt Thread
Godwin's law

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

90% of them, probably.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

m4rkb wrote:
The thread about Drive as it is basically the same as the Gaunt thread despite Durham being one of the best , if not the best wind up merchants for footie fans and head and shoulders above some more professional pundits in terms of knowledge about the game.
m4rkb wrote: Say Something Uninteresting as I refuse to say anything that isn't.

Proud Gammon

subsub

Post by subsub »

Basualdo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
m4rkb wrote: Say Something Uninteresting as I refuse to say anything that isn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD