Knee pain

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Re: Knee pain

Post by theleader82 »

I have very flat feet. Maybe wearing an insole will ease the pressure on my knees .
Man U and rangers

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You might like to think about a couple of possible approaches before surgery.

1. Corticosteroid jabs

2. Strengthening your quads, which will take some of the load off your knee.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

theleader82 wrote:I had an mri scan and found I’ve got
Stage 4 chondromalacia and and my knee is 2cm out of place . I’m only in my mid 30s and I’ve ruined my knee. They’ll probably say I’m too young for surgery so I’ll have to suffer in pain.

You probably already know all this, but just in case.
https://www.healthline.com/health/chond ... #diagnosis

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

The rest of the cartilage in my knee is healthy apparently . I’m not sure if it’s possivle to place some of that in the damaged area. I’d rather have surgery as the problem will only get worse
Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Stage 4 chondromalacia and and my knee is 2cm out of place . I’m only in my mid 30s and I’ve ruined my knee. They’ll probably say I’m too young for surgery so I’ll have to suffer in pain.

Bad news, Leader. All the best.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Basualdo wrote:Good to see you back, Ikky.

Thank you. As much as I am to loathe some of the comments and threads on the forum. I will always believe in free speech and so I will always stick with the forum.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Not good at all. :( :(
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I saw an orthopaedic consultant and he said my cartilage for my age was quite normal, general wear and tear. However he could see there was some damage under the patella . He said it wasn’t bone on bone which made me feel better and I saw the mri scans. I ran with a patellar tendon strap on at a slow pace today , for half an hour and I didn’t feel any pain really so that was promising. I’d rather not have to wear one but I will for now
Man U and rangers

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Good luck, Leado and hope you are doing well.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Over the last few weeks, have been going through the MSK (Muscoskeletal) pathway here in sunny Oldham.

It's a new way for dealing with joint problems.

Anyway, last Thursday, I saw a Consultant and an action plan was confirmed for me involving 3 (THREE) replacements; 1. Right hip. 2 Right knee. 3. Left knee.

This will mean that rehab will effectively become my full time occupation over the next 18 months!

Overall, I am relieved that this decision has been made and my constant and ultimately fruitless search for a pain reduction strategy involving daily gym visits, is over.

I will keep the gym visits going nontheless but now the aim will be to keep me in the best shape possible in anticipation of the operations which will all be done under epidural injections, one after another with a short gap between each to complete as much of the rehab on each joint as possible before getting going on the next one

By the age of 65, all things being well, I will be the oldest bionic man ever know.

WE CAN RE-BUILD HIM!

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

tennisman wrote:Over the last few weeks, have been going through the MSK (Muscoskeletal) pathway here in sunny Oldham.

Anyway, last Thursday, I saw a Consultant and an action plan was confirmed for me involving 3 (THREE) replacements; 1. Right hip. 2 Right knee. 3. Left knee.

This will mean that rehab will effectively become my full time occupation over the next 18 months!

Overall, I am relieved that this decision has been made and my constant and ultimately fruitless search for a pain reduction strategy involving daily gym visits, is over.

I will keep the gym visits going nontheless but now the aim will be to keep me in the best shape possible in anticipation of the operations which will all be done under epidural injections, one after another with a short gap between each to complete as much of the rehab on each joint as possible before getting going on the next one

By the age of 65, all things being well, I will be the oldest bionic man ever know.

WE CAN RE-BUILD HIM!

Good luck mate, sounds hard work.
Last edited by Vespa on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

tennisman wrote:Over the last few weeks, have been going through the MSK (Muscoskeletal) pathway here in sunny Oldham.

WE CAN RE-BUILD HIM!

Best wishes, TM. :smt023 Posted the intro to dear Steve Hunt before, but hey, again:

By the end of all that, you'll be this Majors and never seen with anything less than a nine, so fine: 8)

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

Your age shouldn't make any difference, after all your GP sent you for the scan so you should get a referral.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Vespa wrote:

WE CAN RE-BUILD HIM!

Good luick mate, sounds hard work.

Thanks Vespa and yes, it will be hard work. But the sort of exercises that you have to do in rehab for hip and knees are all ones I've been doing over the last 12 years anyway to try and deal with the deterioration.

Now, all being well, I'll be doing them (and strengthening all the relevant muscles) around new and working joints, not ones gradually falling to bits.

Even when I was doing Goals and Wickets, I was in the gym every morning. After the operations, initially, it will just mean more time and exercises done at home until I can drive again. Then, it will be back in the gym again, effectively carrying on with what I have been doing before.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Carlos J wrote:

WE CAN RE-BUILD HIM!

Best wishes, TM. :smt023 Posted the intro to dear Steve Hunt before, but hey, again:

By the end of all that, you'll be this Majors and never seen with anything less than a nine, so fine: 8)

Thanks Carlos!!!!