Knee pain

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
subsub

Re: Knee pain

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote:

Heather Thomas :D

:wnk:
WOKE AND PROUD

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I'm going to have some Ostenil injections into my knee. It helps replace the synovial fluid and acts as a lubricant between the joint. I read a lot of footballers have it done to help prolong careers. If it helps reduce the pain a little that's the main things
Man U and rangers

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

theleader82 wrote:I'm going to have some Ostenil injections into my knee. It helps replace the synovial fluid and acts as a lubricant between the joint. I read a lot of footballers have it done to help prolong careers. If it helps reduce the pain a little that's the main things

Good luck.

Hope it is a success.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Before I can get to my knee pain, I've had to get my hip fixed.

Tomorrow is day 23 of my rehab after a full right hip replacement on 19th February.

Pain, stiffness, endless pills and far too many hours in bed. Sleeping in the same flat position with just about any move causing pain.

Morphine to help the pain and and laxatives to prevent the morphine from blocking you up.

All sorts of raised bits of furniture by the occupational therapists to enable you to cope.

Appetite just coming back. Lost interest in just about everything except focusing on dealing with the rehab. Haven't been on hear or TS for all that time.

I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel but the first 14 days were brutal.

I've looked after myself as well and that's been a challenge too although in some ways, maybe it's been a help as it has forced me to move when moving is the very last thing you want to even consider.

However, it will only get better from here.

Have begun doing bits of work in my new job as an editor for a local publishing company.

See the Consultant at 6 weeks (i.e. 3 more weeks) and I'll be cleared to drive, but the rehab will continue with endless daily exercises to strengthen the right thigh quads, hip flexors and backside glute muscles which have all been black and blue around the 7'' scar.

If it has to be done, then do it but be prepared.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Best of luck, Tennis man, you've been missed on here. But glad to hear that there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Indeed and indeed. Best wishes and recovery, TM. And one of TF's finest, most eloquent posters. Do not listen to Michael Calvin on rehab. :shock:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Basualdo wrote:Best of luck, Tennis man, you've been missed on here. But glad to hear that there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks Bas :D

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Carlos J wrote:Indeed and indeed. Best wishes and recovery, TM. And one of TF's finest, most eloquent posters. Do not listen to Michael Calvin on rehab. :shock:

Thanks Carlos.

I imagine 'Good work' is being done somewhere in Mike Calvin's rehab world?

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

tennisman wrote:Before I can get to my knee pain, I've had to get my hip fixed.

Tomorrow is day 23 of my rehab after a full right hip replacement on 19th February.

Pain, stiffness, endless pills and far too many hours in bed. Sleeping in the same flat position with just about any move causing pain.

Morphine to help the pain and and laxatives to prevent the morphine from blocking you up.

All sorts of raised bits of furniture by the occupational therapists to enable you to cope.

Appetite just coming back. Lost interest in just about everything except focusing on dealing with the rehab. Haven't been on hear or TS for all that time.

I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel but the first 14 days were brutal.

I've looked after myself as well and that's been a challenge too although in some ways, maybe it's been a help as it has forced me to move when moving is the very last thing you want to even consider.

Have begun doing bits of work in my new job as an editor for a local publishing company.

See the Consultant at 6 weeks (i.e. 3 more weeks) and I'll be cleared to drive, but the rehab will continue with endless daily exercises to strengthen the right thigh quads, hip flexors and backside glute muscles which have all been black and blue around the 7'' scar.

Wow Tennis you must have been bad !.

We finally got my mum's hip operation done in January after nearly 6 months of hospital visits.

My sister and I were dreading it as she is 88, the consultant at Guy's warned us it was a complicated operation as her right leg was 4 cm shorter than her left due to the complete collapse of the hip.

We took her in on the Thursday and she was out of hospital on Saturday morning walking up stairs , I couldn't believe it ! she doesn't even use a stick to move about the house now.

Hope you get better soon.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Good luck mate. I know from my own experience laying in bed for weeks weakens you very quickly.

You'll be back to normal soon and telling people you got your scar from saving a bus full of kids from a rouge panda attack.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

blues4ever wrote:

Wow Tennis you must have been bad !.

We finally got my mum's hip operation done in January after nearly 6 months of hospital visits.

My sister and I were dreading it as she is 88, the consultant at Guy's warned us it was a complicated operation as her right leg was 4 cm shorter than her left due to the complete collapse of the hip.

We took her in on the Thursday and she was out of hospital on Saturday morning walking up stairs , I couldn't believe it ! she doesn't even use a stick to move about the house now.

Hope you get better soon.

Thanks Blues.

I think because of my prior sporting exploits and commitment to training and exercises, I shall proceed well from here on in.

For me, the way my whole upper right leg reacted to the op was the issue.

But all the medical people tell me that everyone has their own very personal experience. An old school mate didn't have pain, nor bruising, didn't use crutches, just a stick and didn't even take any painkillers.

My Consultant appointment is at the 6 week point and I'll be doing well by then. At that point, I should be cleared for driving and that will make life much more like normal, subject, of course, to Covid19!!!

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Vespa wrote:

Good luck mate. I know from my own experience laying in bed for weeks weakens you very quickly.

You'll be back to normal soon and telling people you got your scar from saving a bus full of kids from a rouge panda attack.

Good point about bed rest, Vespa.

But now, I'm spending less and less time resting as my energy levels rise and my mobility improves.

Today, I finally came off the very small dose of morphine I was on as I felt ready. So also, I can come off the laxatives which were designed to help should the morphine block you up!!!

I'm through the worst and on the up now, although still stiff.