Liverpool

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Liverpool

Post by Carlos J »

Fun times. Pissed as a cunt, rugger league was great, yay Hull KR. :)

Place reminds me of Nottingham, people just want to get off their tits in whatever way. 8) Makes Partridgeland seem so lame. But as noted to others before, Norwich has no real night centre. There is Tombland or Riverside. Nottm and here seem to have defined areas in the centre of town. Around Market Square and up to Lace Market/Hockley plus canalside in Nottm.

Here, walking around Ropewalk area and Hanover Street from Baltic Triangle on a Saturday afternoon, everywhere is heaving. Now on a bank holiday weekend Sunday evening, everywhere is heaving. Plus you have the rugger types and runner types as the Rock and Rill marathon/half/5k and stuff so lots of hi-vis and lycra about as well.

Missed a lot of intended so booked another way cheaper trip in October to complete the tourist stuff.

Few more ales and an earlyish retiring as got to get up for the 10am 5+ hour train home or costing a lot of coin.

Every scouser so far been has been mint.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

All I can say is that Liverpool is a beautiful city. And scousers are fantastic people. Everyone I iinteracted with was great. Although only twice did I say "What?" and one was a walker of the land, poor chap. :(

As you do, I asked a chap in that Tesco if they had any Scotch eggs as none on the shelves. :o Rather than just saying no, he went and looked in the deliveries. Fucking top man.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yes , I can only agree. The days of stereotypes are behind us and there are many scousers who are nice and perfectly honest people. Paul McCartney for example and the late comedian Tommy Handley, who was related to me.
My great great grandfather fled there after the Civil War ,( the American one), and started a shipping company which did very well right up to the time when he was drowned.

As regards that bloke in Tesco's though, I can't help wondering whether he actually worked there or was using it as an excuse to get into the stockroom. Even if he was genuine, he probably thought you were talking about some kind of advocaat stuff.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Tesco top man, Royals. And have emailed his bosses to let them know. Going beyond needs recognition.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

If only you'd been there a week later MeiningtonWibbleodeon
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I think Greater Manchester should be renamed East Merseyside.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:If only you'd been there a week later MeiningtonWibbleodeon

Never was to happen, Higgins. Prices ramped up. Prices were bad enough for Rugger League's socalled 'Magic Weekend', my five days in October costing less than three in May. But hey, we knew that. Coin is coin, spend it well. Being the richest man in the cemetary means fuck all. Live, love and play. Anyway:

Liverpool was brilliant and yay for the 6th, JFT96:

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Instances of Islamophobia in Liverpool have dropped 18.9% since Mohamed Salah joined LFC in 2017.
Godwin's law