Job gone

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
carcinogen

Re: Job gone

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote: got a call from agency

People who use agencies deserve all they get. The thick type. The lazy. Anyone with a bit about them will turn-up at a company and ask for a job. It's only think people lacking in personal skill who will donate part of their salary to someone else in order to find them work.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Reg

Post by Reg »

carcinogen wrote:

People who use agencies deserve all they get. The thick type. The lazy. Anyone with a bit about them will turn-up at a company and ask for a job. It's only think people lacking in personal skill who will donate part of their salary to someone else in order to find them work.

:?

The return of The Hyphenator!
Roy IN!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Reg wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

? Would you give 15pc of your salary to a third party? Or just just turn up and ask for work and not give any of your salary to someone else? I don't get the question-mark emoji.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Reg

Post by Reg »

carcinogen wrote:
Reg wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

? Would you give 15pc of your salary to a third party? Or just just turn up and ask for work and not give any of your salary to someone else? I don't get the question-mark emoji.

You seem to be missing the point, as usual.
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I don't give any money to any agency. I'm self employed. Your comments bare no relevance whatsoever to anything I've said here.

Reg

Post by Reg »

kancutlawns wrote: Your comments bare no relevance whatsoever to anything I've said here.

Or to anything, anywhere.
Roy IN!!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote:I don't give any money to any agency. I'm self employed. Your comments bare no relevance whatsoever to anything I've said here.

Ok. Apologies. I thought for a moment you had posted something of interest to me. Again, apologies for the mistake. It's obvious now. Doh!

The End

Post by The End »

carcinogen wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:I don't give any money to any agency. I'm self employed. Your comments bare no relevance whatsoever to anything I've said here.

Ok. Apologies. I thought for a moment you had posted something of interest to me. Again, apologies for the mistake. It's obvious now. Doh!

Unemployed person giving advice on jobs. Wow.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Reg wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

The return of The Hyphenator!

:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I don't know what you do in the tech industry being self employed I wouldn't have guessed there are too many in it myself unless you provide advice.

But I wouldn't have said Lawns is the unemployable type myself so I'd expect something to crop up pretty soon.

Just out of curiosity are you left handed? The entire Apple development team in the early days 'coincidentally' happened to be as apparently lefties (not that type :D ) are better at thinking out of the box?

Anyway if the dough is in the bank to cover a few months of watching daytime TV then do it for the rest , recharge the batteries then go out firing.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

carcinogen wrote:

"Think people"?
BTW agencies don't charge the job seeker.
I believe it's illegal.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Exactly, they don't. As I remember they did back in the mid 1990s and didn't do so after. I don't think that carc really understands anything about this. The agency simply ensures that I as a contractor get paid for what I have invoiced the organisation, nothing else.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:Exactly, they don't. As I remember they did back in the mid 1990s and didn't do so after. I don't think that carc really understands anything about this. The agency simply ensures that I as a contractor get paid for what I have invoiced the organisation, nothing else.

Any joy yet, Lawnsy?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Not yet Steve, Just redrafting my CV now as the update I put onto jobsites last week hasn't really had an response. Need to make them visible to recruiters too. Just reverting my CV to my original format too with a few changes with the correct keywords.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Don't change them if they are correct MeiningtonKankerians
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN