Job gone

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kancutlawns

Re: Job gone

Post by kancutlawns »

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

The End

Post by The End »

The End wrote:Lawns, exactly the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Cried for three days at the sheer injustice of everything. Then went on the piss for 10 days.

Got an interview tomorrow for a new job.

And I seem to have got it, technicalities pending.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Good luck mate .. you've obviously got a sharp mind

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The End wrote:
The End wrote:Lawns, exactly the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Cried for three days at the sheer injustice of everything. Then went on the piss for 10 days.

Nice one, mate :)

Where? Still in Russia?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Any job leads yet?

Or are you enjoying a bit of a break first?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Any job leads yet?

Or are you enjoying a bit of a break first?

Bit of both really mate. Got my CV sorted out and sent off last week. Had a bit of interest but it's quietened down since. Looking really at keeping the old mind sharp by looking at short online courses, doing some self learning and having a proper strategy. Just keeping a working routine, wife's painting the guest room so I'm moving furniture, tidied up loads in the garden, cleaning out the store room which is in a right state and taking stuff to the store room, spending time on here, following Brexit debates, watching the World Cup cricket and Villa transfer news. Lots to do really.

Thinking of doing a short online data management or digital transformation course next month, one's at LSE and the other with UCL to bolster my CV.

The End

Post by The End »

Steve Hunt wrote:
The End wrote:

Nice one, mate :)

Where? Still in Russia?

Yep - Kazan. Will have to switch allegiances from Zenit to Rubin.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

When shit like that happens, it's human nature to keep going over it in your mind and the injustice of it all. But it sounds like you did vent your spleen and not bottle up what you thought of the situation.

Best of luck to you Lawnsy.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Cheers mate.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

kancutlawns wrote:Just finished my latest contract. Not going to say who it was with but it was going swimmingly given that the company was going through some financial turbulence. Anyway, no indication was given that I was going to have my contract terminated but got a call from agency over a week ago telling me they were terminating my contract that day.

Felt pretty shocked as to the suddenness of this and kept the news to myself. Had lunch with a close team mate but still kept it to myself. No word during the day from my line manager and he avoid led saying a word to me. Was going into a meeting towards the end of the working day with the guy I had lunch with he came up to me to tell me he had bad news for me. I knew what was coming and he told me our line manager had informed me I was being let go.

I raged at my colleague telling asking him “why the fuck has he sent you to tell me news I already knew and why are you delivering the news to me?” He felt very uncomfortable. He then added that the manager messaged him to ask him to pick up my laptop and ID from me!

Another team member joined us in the meeting room and he was told the news and was stunned. Team worked very well, delivered on time despite the twattish behaviour of the management. We were dynamic, hard working and efficient.

So came out of the meeting with steam literally coming out of my ears. I went up to the line manager and demanded rather vocally that he came with me. He reluctantly moved. Got him in the room and demanded he told me what was going on, why he didn’t have the decency to tell me my contract was being terminated, why he couldn’t speak to me all day even though he sat two seats down from me for three hours and why he asked someone else to do his dirty work for him. He could hardly say anything and he was shaking as he got the full Lawnsy hairdryer treatment. I was pretty disgusted as you have probably guessed by now and he got a mouthful from me that he was incapable of communicating, leading, instructing and pretty much everything eise. I finished by saying he could take the laptop and ID card and I would go somewhere else where I am treated as a human being.

Got up left the room with the fucker still shaking, went downstairs with my colleagues, had a coffee with them and wished them well as I left.

Been in touch with one of them since and his moral’s very low. Anyway, about to start putting together an email to Head of Department to give him an account of what happened as I’m not going to allow that manager get away with it. There are ways to treat people and this not it.

You do despair with people sometimes but this has made me a more defiant person because of it.

Sorry to hear this, Mr. Lawns.

I hope things sort themselves out soon.

I have been in that position myself at one time and I know how how much of a shock to thes system a surprise and unexpected termination can be.

Best of luck, pal.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Shit news... Good luck for the future.

On the bright side you'll be able to spend more time here ... :wink:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Life of a contractor, Lawns, old pal :(

Been there previously after fixed term renewed year on year for two years. Was told by the powers that be I’d be renewed two weeks before renewal time for year three with increase and had the rug pulled with 48 hours notice.

I’m sure you know the score with organisations who shift budget from pot to pot and it’s annoying to see wastage when your own dough seems insignificant particularly when you’re saving the company a lot of money.

Doesn’t make it any easier to stomach though as you obviously have great pride in the responsibility you carry. Fair play for being true to your professional morals because the shock of such news would see many just drift away with no real feedback offered.

All the best. You’ll not be short of offers :wink:

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Time to commit to "exotic dancing" full-time MeiningtonLawnington
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Thanks Ed. As an update, I drafted a long email a yesterday morning for the Head of Department about how much I valued working for a talented and dedicated group of people, taking his own input about how to work with senior management and what an experience it had been. I then went into a lot of detail about how I was treated on the day I was let go and the conduct of the line manager.

I got an unexpected response from the head the same evening thanking me for "your constructive feedback" regretting the way I was treated, and he said he would speak to the manager concerned about the content so that they could learn from their mistakes. He said he would ask as a referee. Sound bloke. Nothing but respect for his prompt response. Not really my concern now and I can now draw a line beneath it but at least I made him aware and hopefully he'll have a right go at the cunt. I have no bitterness to anyone.

Now have to work on getting another job.

The End

Post by The End »

Lawns, I got a new job this morning - good people who work hard always fall into new positions (norrin homo way).

I'm off to live in Kazan! HOWAY RUBIN!