Cars

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Cars

Post by theleader82 »

Anyone driven a small suv before . I’ve only got a small hatchback at the mo but want something more roomy , as I can’t even get my golf clubs in the boot. The vw t cross looks good but may be too pricey, I was thinking of maybe the seat arona or vitara
Man U and rangers

AlcoholBrazil

Re: Cars

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Gary Numan brought me here.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Geezer
Forum Admin

Post by Geezer »

Bought a brand spank Honda HRV In 1999, worst car I ever owned.

That’s my only comment.

Buy a disco if you don’t mind shelling out.
'This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption.'

paolo

Post by paolo »

Geezer wrote:Bought a brand spank Honda HRV In 1999, worst car I ever owned.

That’s my only comment.

Buy a disco if you don’t mind shelling out.

My daily is a disco 4

Fuel pig but love it

Was up my arrowsmith in it yesterday

Area 51 a few months back
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

antdad

Post by antdad »

Find any alien tech Paulo? :lol:

I'd have thought most golf clubs have paved roads and car parks so do you really need an SUV? Opt for something with a larger boot or an estate/tourer and besides most SUVs look as well as handle like turds on the road.

paolo

Post by paolo »

antdad wrote:Find any alien tech Paulo? :lol:

I'd have thought most golf clubs have paved roads and car parks so do you really need an SUV? Opt for something with a larger boot or an estate/tourer and besides most SUVs look as well as handle like turds on the road.

was on my own, took a triumph tiger 1200....ok but not great.....had a soak at warm springs, nursed 70 miles out of a 30 mile gas tank warning....slowest ride of my life and relief...i love the desert roads, had been nicked near parumph a few days earlier on a 1600 bagger bmw

area 51 quiet, but the guards came out to me...the gate i went to was a km from Rachel, and about 10 miles off the road?.....i have ordered a new bike that should be with me middle of next week....so i reckon a september/october visit again

my one alien encounter (but govt craft) was up past hepworth circa 2000

those lonesome desrt rides are fantastic...no twisties but on the right bike you can get off the road.....the warm air, clear skies, horizon to horizon views...i usually go down via mt shasta, mystical there and lovely....next trip will be down the pacific highway

might try to plan a trip to alaska, and to bottom of argentina.....anyone up for it?
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

paolo

Post by paolo »

antdad wrote:Find any alien tech Paulo? :lol:

omn the suv front, i had a ram diesel to pull my trailer etc, and regret getting rid....will try for another next year as the new 1 ton will be more established, and the coming recession will bring deals

my disco 4 is off road much of the time....it really is superb...no diesel here, so it's the 5 litre jag engine....not my first choise tbh but nothing i can do...the rr sport (same as disco) gets the supercharged engine....but not a fan of the rr uless its the original
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

antdad

Post by antdad »

I've always been rather puzzled by the U.S's diesel policy considering the obvious efficiency benefits, that was until I read that their Nox emmisions standards actually exceed our Euro 6 standards in preventing smog and acid rain. The consequence of which are more complex and expensive onboard after-treatment systems coupled with the far greater cost of developing diesel engines anyway and it seems destined to remain the fuel for heavy haulage and military only, who'd have thunk it.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

How's your golf game these days, Leado?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

paolo

Post by paolo »

antdad wrote:I've always been rather puzzled by the U.S's diesel policy considering the obvious efficiency benefits, that was until I read that their Nox emmisions standards actually exceed our Euro 6 standards in preventing smog and acid rain. The consequence of which are more complex and expensive onboard after-treatment systems coupled with the far greater cost of developing diesel engines anyway and it seems destined to remain the fuel for heavy haulage and military only, who'd have thunk it.

the prices weren't as rapey as europe, so the need for economy, and the power of the big three combined to negate the need for diesel, plus regs, as u say, and variable regs in usa

the ayatollah has a newer golf diesel highline...decent workhorse if uninspiring, offsets the fuel pigs i drive

but fuel now.....not cheap....i remember back in shitsville when we hit a pound a litre....pure robbery
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas