What you doing for New Years

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kevin04

Re: What you doing for New Years

Post by kevin04 »

I used to love it. It felt like from tonight to the 3rd or 4th, there was a party, if it wasn't at yours, it was your neighbour, or down the road or your pal's granny or her second cousin was holding one. First-footing, nibbles, and the rare occasion where you would see all types of respectable and modest people drunk and houses absolutely hoaching with everyone from auld Ted to the Jehovah's Witness at the bottom of the road. Sharing stories, some might even sing an old folk song or tell a tale - Ceilidh in the sense of the word - coming together to chat/share a night.

Try to not sound too miserable, and maybe it's nostalgia that wasn't really there in the first place, but it does feel as a society as closer we are brought with technology and phones, we are shutting ourselves off at the same time and becoming even more so narcissistic. I'd imagine if someone came to the door for many tonight at 1203 the first instinct would be "What the fúck does he want?" rather than HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Then at midnight, the false dawn a bit. Shaking hands, a hug and a kiss with people who the next time you speak to them might even be a year from now in the same position. Some will try the ''New year, new person," all that shabaz. In the gym on the second once you've slept off the hangover - I'm going to run that marathon and do that thing that I said I would 5 Hogmanays ago. Good luck to everyone, but short steps win the race rather than full pelt and giving up those plans on the 17th of January.

Enjoy yourselves though, and live life up. It's the only way. Be a good person and treat others well, but the minute anyone disrespects or takes advantage of you, you stick up for yourself. Hold your head up. Call that pal you were always meaning to, and join the squash or dominoes team if you really fancied it. Do those things you fancy doing. Read more if you want, get on that weekend flight to see your pal you keep meaning to catch up with. Try new things and just enjoy yourself. Laugh. It's a grind out there, but just try and be the best you can.

Happy New Year to all!

My shitey version of Wear Sunscreen but go on, enjoy yourselves, and tackle 2020 right from the get go! Do those things you have always wanted to, honestly, just go for it! Worry about the rest later.

Happy New Year to all when it comes around!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

the puddin

Post by the puddin »

I'm in Reims with the family. Not one to stay up but will enjoy the rest of the week when the amateur drinkers have finished.
"It's what we do...."

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Treating myself to a Sam Allardyce-size burger in the New Year to upset all those on diets. Happy Easter .
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Was supposed to work until 11pm last night. Got a call in the afternoon saying someone was sick and could I do a night instead? Nope said I, as had plans tomorrow/today and then felt bad as they were going to be fucked. So called back and said ok and got some hours off next week.

And now at 5.27am, having my break, maybe that wasn't the best decision by me. But hey, it's New Year, done a good deed already and in 2.5hrs will be on the piss. :drinkers: :drinkers:

Have a good 2020 all. :smt023
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

A Farage-style early morning bender. Surrounded by the best of British.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:A Farage-style early morning bender. Surrounded by the best of British.

Am on it. :drinkers:

subsub

Post by subsub »

kevin04 wrote:I used to love it. It felt like from tonight to the 3rd or 4th, there was a party, if it wasn't at yours, it was your neighbour, or down the road or your pal's granny or her second cousin was holding one. First-footing, nibbles, and the rare occasion where you would see all types of respectable and modest people drunk and houses absolutely hoaching with everyone from auld Ted to the Jehovah's Witness at the bottom of the road. Sharing stories, some might even sing an old folk song or tell a tale - Ceilidh in the sense of the word - coming together to chat/share a night.

Try to not sound too miserable, and maybe it's nostalgia that wasn't really there in the first place, but it does feel as a society as closer we are brought with technology and phones, we are shutting ourselves off at the same time and becoming even more so narcissistic. I'd imagine if someone came to the door for many tonight at 1203 the first instinct would be "What the fúck does he want?" rather than HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Then at midnight, the false dawn a bit. Shaking hands, a hug and a kiss with people who the next time you speak to them might even be a year from now in the same position. Some will try the ''New year, new person," all that shabaz. In the gym on the second once you've slept off the hangover - I'm going to run that marathon and do that thing that I said I would 5 Hogmanays ago. Good luck to everyone, but short steps win the race rather than full pelt and giving up those plans on the 17th of January.

Enjoy yourselves though, and live life up. It's the only way. Be a good person and treat others well, but the minute anyone disrespects or takes advantage of you, you stick up for yourself. Hold your head up. Call that pal you were always meaning to, and join the squash or dominoes team if you really fancied it. Do those things you fancy doing. Read more if you want, get on that weekend flight to see your pal you keep meaning to catch up with. Try new things and just enjoy yourself. Laugh. It's a grind out there, but just try and be the best you can.

Happy New Year to all!

My shitey version of Wear Sunscreen but go on, enjoy yourselves, and tackle 2020 right from the get go! Do those things you have always wanted to, honestly, just go for it! Worry about the rest later.

Well said, Kev =D>
WOKE AND PROUD

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

kevin04 wrote:I used to love it. It felt like from tonight to the 3rd or 4th, there was a party, if it wasn't at yours, it was your neighbour, or down the road or your pal's granny or her second cousin was holding one. First-footing, nibbles, and the rare occasion where you would see all types of respectable and modest people drunk and houses absolutely hoaching with everyone from auld Ted to the Jehovah's Witness at the bottom of the road. Sharing stories, some might even sing an old folk song or tell a tale - Ceilidh in the sense of the word - coming together to chat/share a night.

Happy New Year to all!

Some sage words in here, so much mentally planned for 2020, getting qualified in a field I want to work in, Euro 2020, Oktoberfest, India and South America as well.

Good to have something to aim towards
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Fitter, happier, more productive.

On January 1, 1943, American folk singer Woody Guthrie (July 14, 1912 – October 3, 1967) produced a list of 33 “New Years Rulin’s”. These New Year’s Resolutions represent the singer’s personal aspirations, a mixture of hygiene, creativity and practicalities and desire.
1. Work more and better
2. Work by a schedule
3. Wash teeth if any
4. Shave
5. Take bath
6. Eat good — fruit — vegetables — milk
7. Drink very scant if any
8. Write a song a day
9. Wear clean clothes — look good
10. Shine shoes
11. Change socks
12. Change bed cloths often
13. Read lots good books
14. Listen to radio a lot
15. Learn people better
16. Keep rancho clean
17. Dont get lonesome
18. Stay glad
19. Keep hoping machine running
20. Dream good
21. Bank all extra money
22. Save dough
23. Have company but dont waste time
24. Send Mary and kids money
25. Play and sing good
26. Dance better
27. Help win war — beat fascism
28. Love mama
29. Love papa
30. Love Pete
31. Love everybody
32. Make up your mind
33. Wake up and fight
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

55 is hardly a good innings for (not so) old Woody, so he must have missed something off his list.
6uild 6ack 6etter .

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:55 is hardly a good innings for (not so) old Woody, so he must have missed something off his list.

Am a Guthrie fan. Without Mr Wiki, think he died of Huntington's Chorea, which is an inheritied degenerative disease. Could be wrong, will check.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Carlos J wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:55 is hardly a good innings for (not so) old Woody, so he must have missed something off his list.

Am a Guthrie fan. Without Mr Wiki, think he died of Huntington's Chorea, which is an inheritied degenerative disease. Could be wrong, will check.

Heartbreaking.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

This is cool