Fasting

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kevin04

Re: Fasting

Post by kevin04 »

Did 18 hours there by default. Could have eaten at 1015 but ended up going for a walk and tidying up a bit. Wasn't too hard, but maybe it would be if I was doing it every day.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa, what is your fasting routine? I am considering fasting for a couple of days before going on a strict diet for a couple of weeks
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
You're not alone
I'll wait 'til the end of time
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote:Vespa, what is your fasting routine? I am considering fasting for a couple of days before going on a strict diet for a couple of weeks

Hi,

It depends on you.

I don't eat between 8pm and noon. If I happen to feel on the chubby side on Tuesday and Thursday I won't eat at all.

When I'm not fasting I aim for 3500 calories sticking to a paleo type diet (basically nothing in packets)

The best thing you can do to lose weight is to start with a food diary, lots of apps like myfitnesspal are free. Once you know what you eat and when the rest will slot into place.

Fasting is just a handy regime if I didn't do that I'd be eating bags doritos watching shit on the TV.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote:
lambrini wrote:Vespa, what is your fasting routine? I am considering fasting for a couple of days before going on a strict diet for a couple of weeks

Hi,

It depends on you.

I don't eat between 8pm and noon. If I happen to feel on the chubby side on Tuesday and Thursday I won't eat at all.

When I'm not fasting I aim for 3500 calories sticking to a paleo type diet (basically nothing in packets)

The best thing you can do to lose weight is to start with a food diary, lots of apps like myfitnesspal are free. Once you know what you eat and when the rest will slot into place.

Fasting is just a handy regime if I didn't do that I'd be eating bags doritos watching shit on the TV.

Thanks, Vespa.
( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

That's two weeks of 6 days fasting, Sunday off - mostly due to the NFL watching and late work.

Mostly been starting my fasts at 6.30pm or 7pm, with 8pm at the latest. 11am being a bit easier for a wee brunch meal, but not too boast, but not really struggling so far, but its only 2 weeks in, I am hoping to stick with it and whilst I've not weighed myself I definitely lighter around the chest and love handle area plus my red hoodie I'll laze about in feels a lot looser too.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Done my first 16:8 yesterday. 8pm to 12pm. Water during fasting period.

I skipped my standard multi-vitiamins in the morning. Did a little more reading on them and the perceived wisdom was in line with what Kev, Vespa said r.e. not breaking the fast but it was also pointed out that it's pointless taking them on an empty stomach.
A joyless arsehole.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

shabbado wrote:Done my first 16:8 yesterday. 8pm to 12pm. Water during fasting period.

I skipped my standard multi-vitiamins in the morning. Did a little more reading on them and the perceived wisdom was in line with what Kev, Vespa said r.e. not breaking the fast but it was also pointed out that it's pointless taking them on an empty stomach.

I'd keep the vitamins up Shabs whilst fasting, as you are not getting it from foods. I had a 500 cal day yesterday, and will have another Thurs, and don't eat after around 17:30 until 08:00 the next morning, but that's usual. Taken off 8 lbs since 6th, but still pop my magnesium and vit D. 14 6 now, looking at 12 11, which gives me 3lb cushion up to 13, which I feel is my best weight these days. That is a stone heavier than I was in my 20s and 30s, but I've earned it. :D

ps I also have heavy bones :mrgreen:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Zambo wrote:
shabbado wrote:Done my first 16:8 yesterday. 8pm to 12pm. Water during fasting period.

I'd keep the vitamins up Shabs whilst fasting, as you are not getting it from foods. I had a 500 cal day yesterday, and will have another Thurs, and don't eat after around 17:30 until 08:00 the next morning, but that's usual. Taken off 8 lbs since 6th, but still pop my magnesium and vit D. 14 6 now, looking at 12 11, which gives me 3lb cushion up to 13, which I feel is my best weight these days. That is a stone heavier than I was in my 20s and 30s, but I've earned it. :D

ps I also have heavy bones :mrgreen:

Good stuff Zambo.

I'll still keep up the multi-vitiamins just wait until my fasting period is over and have them with some food.
A joyless arsehole.

caveman

Post by caveman »

I have fasted many times. I often build up to a 4 day fast.

Week 1 _ 1 day fast
Week 2 _ 3 day fast
Week 3 _ 4 day fast

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

A, D, E & K are fat-soluble, you probably want to take them with food.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Starting 2nd week of 18:6. Though a couple of those days it was really OMAD due to circumstance.

It's getting slightly easier?
A joyless arsehole.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I fasted for a few days over the last couple of weeks and feel so much better.
( ◡‿◡ )
You're not alone
Open your mind
Surely it's plain to see