Endo's 2020 weight-loss regime

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
delboy1983

Re: Endo's 2020 weight-loss regime

Post by delboy1983 »

First day back in the gym in this decade today.
Felt not too bad
Now aching all over and Radox bath beckoning.
Hey ho back tomorrow,keep me out of the boozer :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Good thread, folks and great post, Saintee!

Diet is such a key part. I know folk who have lost a lot of weight on mostly a reduced calorie diet and very little exercise, so imagine how trim you can get with doing cardio or going to the gym 5 times a week.

10 years or so ago, I slowly had piled on weight. Too many takeaways and not enough exercise, and lost about 2 and half stone by just walking everywhere and diet, I then got in to running and started losing too much weight/muscle so it can go the other way too if you are not too careful.

I find a schedule, meal plans, timetable whatever you want to call it works well. Write out your meals for the week/month and stick to it. That way when Thursday comes and you've forgotten to take the chicken or buy the fish, and after a busy day its far too easy to pick up something (I live 200 yards from Cubans who... oops FEW GOOD MEN, I mean I live 200 yards away from a Dominos).

If you really like something e.g beer, chocolate, kettle chips, popcorn. You don't have to give it up, but cut it out and use it as a treat rather than a daily occurrence. It can be a reward too after a week or two of hard graft in the gym and dieting.

Fasting is another good thing to do. You'll be surprised at how much you nipple on after 8pm, I've started it and I must have been eating about 500-700 extra calories a night by snacking on nuts, odd bowl of cereal or a juice after a shift. Drink lots of water too. It can help you when you are feeling hungry, but I'm now 19 days out of 21 since early-January of fasting and it's not too much of a slog, if you are a breakfast person, have your last meal at 5pm and that way you can eat at 9am, I tend to have my last meal from 5-8pm depending on my routine for the day or so.

Gibbering on, but good luck to everyone and Zambo's got a good point, you can exercise at home. There's tons of decent vids on YouTube offering home work outs, get yourself some kettlebells and swing them about. It does take will power, but I find having a plan to follow helps rather than not as often if its not written down you'll end up saying ah feck it, Netflix instead.

Anyhoo, good luck to all and keep up the good work!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

The End

Post by The End »

Just done 90 minutes on a Saturday morning in the gym. First visit upped from 60 minutes since I started. Not going to weigh myself again til next Saturday. Going to have a super strict seven days and optimistic of seeing 2kg drop off.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Good luck, End. I,m lucky, can eat and drink shit and still maintain the Super Middleweight limit of 168lbs. But do walk and cycle a lot and some press ups and sit ups.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The End

Post by The End »

Going to resurrect the DISPATCHES thread in the next 24 hours if only to highlight some photography interspersed with walking exercise and a couple of catastrophic falls.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

The End wrote:Going to resurrect the DISPATCHES thread in the next 24 hours if only to highlight some photography interspersed with walking exercise and a couple of catastrophic falls.

Can't find said thread. . .
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Saints11 wrote:
The End wrote:Going to resurrect the DISPATCHES thread in the next 24 hours if only to highlight some photography interspersed with walking exercise and a couple of catastrophic falls.

Can't find said thread. . .

Here's some, but might be a new one I guess.

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... patches%2A

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... s#p1039331

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... es#p834086

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... es#p813992

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... es#p782434
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Diet's are for idiots. Moderate your eating and do some exercise. And stop bleating on about it.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote:Diet's are for idiots. Moderate your eating and do some exercise. And stop bleating on about it.

You tell em Carc :D

Eat less, move more. Smaller portions, get off your ass. It's black and white as most things are

The End

Post by The End »

carcinogen wrote:Diet's are for idiots. Moderate your eating and do some exercise. And stop bleating on about it.

Diets.

subsub

Post by subsub »

But if you moderate your eating, that's the same thing as dieting, isn't it?
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:

I see diets as a fixed period plan to lose weight. Moderating your eating, is more like a long term change which contributes to a healthier lifestyle.

I find the 5-2 and not eating after 6pm and before 9am is a good way to get weight off pretty fast, particularly if you step up on the exercise. On two days a week I eat no more than 500 cals per day, and I'd rather do calorie control than cutting out carbs, because I feel better and not tired. I guess it's what works for you. On two days, I have a banana and mixed fruit (blueberries, rasberries etc.) for breakfast, and apple mid morning, beans or macaroni cheese on one piece of dry toast for lunch and chicken and salad or veg for tea.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

I see diets as a fixed period plan to lose weight. Moderating your eating, is more like a long term change which contributes to a healthier lifestyle.

I find the 5-2 and not eating after 6pm and before 9am is a good way to get weight off pretty fast, particularly if you step up on the exercise. On two days a week I eat no more than 500 cals per day, and I'd rather do calorie control than cutting out carbs, because I feel better and not tired. I guess it's what works for you. On two days, I have a banana and mixed fruit (blueberries, rasberries etc.) for breakfast, and apple mid morning, beans or macaroni cheese on one piece of dry toast for lunch and chicken and salad or veg for tea.

Blimey, not sure I could deal with 500 a day - I'd be permanently knackered/grouchy (yes, ho, ho), especially if I was going down the gym, too.
I eat loads more fruit than I used to, and try to have yoghurt for breakfast. Cutting down on carbs with main meals, too, whereas before, I would always think protein + carbs + veg when planning any meal.
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

subsub wrote:

Depends, diets for me are about an outcome putting on weight, losing it, adding muscle etc.

Moderate eating is having the most basic of willpower to not have a chocolate bar every day

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:

Blimey, not sure I could deal with 500 a day - I'd be permanently knackered/grouchy (yes, ho, ho), especially if I was going down the gym, too.
I eat loads more fruit than I used to, and try to have yoghurt for breakfast. Cutting down on carbs with main meals, too, whereas before, I would always think protein + carbs + veg when planning any meal.

I find splitting the week up works OK. I do the 500 days on Monday and Thursday,so I have a couple of days where I can eat fairly normally, but nothing in between the three meals per day.